It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Existence According To Bone - Mind Blown In 3....2....1....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt
I'm sorry.

And, while I can sympathize with your position and analogy, a symbolic representation of a galaxy that we have never left to be able to look back and photograph, overlaying a highly pixelated photo that's supposed to be the backdrop displaying the blocked light of something that the naked eye can't see...Is an extremely poor way to start off your theory's explanation...

Would your curiosity have been better satisfied with an actual photo of another similar galaxy? I thought skeptics would prefer an accurate depiction of our own galaxy, but would any of these do?

As for the photo of the shadow of an atom.... can you provide a better one? Its all we've got to go on at this point and I'd say the image is pretty darn remarkable.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity, could a mod explain to me why this thread was moved from the grey area to general conspiracies? How is this even remotely a conspiracy?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
This is not news.

Look how things form in nature;
Nautilus shell, snail shell, pine cone, spiral aloe, sunflower... et c
There are countless other examples.

originalbeauty.wordpress.com...

science.howstuffworks.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
as above so below

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutonaLimb
not buying this. prove these galactic and atomic representations are accurate
and reflect reality. everything is compromised these days, and all information
is suspect. both cg representations designed to reinforce their idea or tenet
'as above, so below'?

Prove their not! Your denial is suspect. Back it up.

S&F for the op for posting an amazing theory that has as just as much possibility as all the other guff that's been spewed into our minds!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Interesting thread, op, and here I thought this was going to be an afternoon undisturbed by Mandelbrot and his fractals. LOL thanks.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

F+S'd!

Surely it can't be put down to a mere coincidence, i personally feel this theory will be proved true in time to come! Great thread!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Well a lot of people seem to have thought this as a possibility, OP...and I am one of these. If I can add something to this, I am tempted to think that time flows differently for the several (infinite) levels...one second for us is billions of years for the beings living on our atoms...billions of our years are a second of the time of the beings whose atoms we are sitting on.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Hundroid

Wow, the more i think about this the more it seems to make sense almost, fantastic theory, I'm amazed

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

I had this thought years ago back in HS physics class, my teacher told me it was foolish....not so much now haha. We all have worlds living on us crazy! Remember that next time you have an itch or ingest substances....may be the alcohol cloud is someones gin shot.
edit on 16-12-2012 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Im not positive, but pretty sure this theory is called Micro/macro theory?? I have seen it before...very interesting...guess we could be riding on the back of my chocolate Lab for all we know...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75
This is our galaxy....

Can you guess what this is?

Its the shadow of an atom....

Now watch what happens when I lay the picture
of the galaxy over the picture of the atom....

The theory I'm about to present to you is one that I have pondered for years, but it never really held any weight with me until I went looking for that second picture last night.

As the image above illustrates, my colleagues and I at Griffith University have been able to photograph the shadow of an atom for the first time – the culmination of five years of work by our team.

The image, and attendant paper, are published today in the journal Nature Communications.

Source

A basic understanding of how atoms work....

A basic understanding of how our galaxy works....

So in a nutshell, my theory goes like this...

We are living on the surface of a particle....
that is orbiting an electron....
that is orbiting the nucleus of an atom...
that resides in the body of a living organism....

that is living on the surface of a particle....

yep.

now extend the theory to minds.

what would that say about the nature of God?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by galactix

It says that "God" is an alien having a dream about us.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
OK, and I am not trying to be a jerk, but the theory that we are an atom on the back of a giants fingernail or whatever, it has been around for a long time. Men in Black I and II basically have that theme in some of the scenes. It's not a new idea.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Close to my own thoughts, I think though when you go from one level of micro to macro the property's change. Its possible that because we have 8 planets ( 8 electrons ) then perhaps the property of this solar system is Oxygen themed ? I'm not clever enough to see any technical aspect to this but I feel it may be of significance.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by rockhndr

I have seen it before

Me too.

At long last, the other animals agree to help protect the tiny world. It sticks in my mind (though I may be mistaken) that the 1970 TV special ends with a Who, on its just-rescued dust mote planet, hearing a cry for help from an even tinier atom of a world, starting the process all over again.
microcosm-in-the-q.blogspot.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hundroid
Well a lot of people seem to have thought this as a possibility, OP...and I am one of these. If I can add something to this, I am tempted to think that time flows differently for the several (infinite) levels...one second for us is billions of years for the beings living on our atoms...billions of our years are a second of the time of the beings whose atoms we are sitting on.

The Holy Bible says it's 1,000/1. 1,000 years to us is one day to GOD. That was written thousands of years ago. There are a lot of things in the Holy Bible that only make sense by today's science.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I do like the idea but to all those saying wow this is new to me you obviously didn't hang out with enough hippies when you were younger
It's stoner philosophy 101. Very nice pictoral display though, good find.

I always liked the idea there's a mother god, a father god and we're the baby god universe, microcosm/macrocosm. Who knows though ! If they can tell me the real explanation without making my brain explode and catch fire I'll buy them a drink.

edit on 16-12-2012 by Hopeforeveryone because: typo, added a bit

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by galactix

It says that "God" is an alien having a dream about us.

i read your "part 1" and while i do not disagree with you, that post fails to define God.

is the above your actual opinion?

/curious

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

Why are the links in this chain in your example all organisms. Molecules NOT in an organism are a lot more abundant. Just wondering if that were critical to your theory. Someone else said something else about the Big Bang being tied to conception... so thought I'd ask for clarification on whether you think these universes with life must for some reason be part of an organism vs. just sitting on the back of a rock.
edit on 12/16/2012 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join