It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Existence According To Bone - Mind Blown In 3....2....1....

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I agree 100% with you assessment Bone. I have thought this same thing for a long time.

The craziest part is that we have no idea how small or big it gets.

You might check out the lectures of Nassim Heremine(spelling).

How insignificant are we??? Lol

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Makes me think of..

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Well said. I was just about to reply with the same answer almost verbatim.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
So since an electron moves at about 5 million MPH and the OP assumes a galaxy is an atom I would guess that a trillion years here would be a jiffy there.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
like germs for example, they are inside of us, surviving, reproducing, trying to live, they even go to war
against other dangerous germs. We're coated with billions of germs on the day we're born. Its like what we're
trying to do now in life, trying to survive.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

How exactly did they calculate that universe image? This particular universe isn't infinite after all?

That was a depiction of our galaxy... not the universe.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

This is the nature of scalability. The same form is found at different scales, or sizes, throughout nature. It is a perfect physical example of a fractal. This does not mean life exists inside the orbits of electrons, yet neither is it proof against. Notice the different shapes that atoms are thought to have;

Atoms tend to be more spherical where as galaxies seem to evolve into a flat or disk shape. Indeed there are some cluster or spherical shapped galaxies but they seem to grow and become disk shapped, i.e. accretion.
I suppose one could point out that our understanding of both the shape of atoms, especially heavy elements, and galaxies is limited yet we need to base our theories on something.

Fractals are scaleable, meaning that the patterns repeat the smaller, and larger, you go.

Electromagnetism is also scalable. Perhaps the reason that atoms and galaxies appear scaleable is because of electromagnetics. This energy is found manipulating the smallest of particles, as well as the largest, creating a similar form at different scales.

reply to post by starsyren

if such a situation were true, what of human-consiousness?
The material Universe is the record and consiousness is the music that is created when played.

Why are we living THIS life, on THIS particle
The purpose is to experience.

edit on 12/17/2012 by Devino because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

I have had thoughts like this myself. Brilliant presentation. Thank you!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

edit on 17-12-2012 by MamaSleepsNoMore because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

Though this is interesting I don't see many similarities except for that there are orbits in both! To me there is no spiraling in the picture of the atom though not all galaxies possess spiraling! This Hypothisis is a stretch by any means of the imagination grasping at something which has no definitive evidence whatsoever! Even if we were to say this is true where would this cycle of ever shrinking societies end? What about all non organic matter? What about surface tension? In other words a drop of water is a drop of water it is the size it is because of surface tension! Then there is the light factor! Light travels at 299 792 458 meters / second! This would not change because of which universe we are in and because of this, your theory could not hold water! Unless we were the largest of the dimensions! LOL....

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Coincidence. A childish comparison really. The similarities are but a few, and only on a basic level. Silly.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

Great Post. I have had this thought since childhood, as well.

And is it odd, just how many of us, have independently hypothesized this chinese-nesting-doll theory of reality?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by eXia7 Living on a particle huh..

If you get a good understanding of how big the universe is around us, you will naturally feel very small.. why? Because it is so massive that we can't even begin to understand it, let alone see it. On the other side, if you look at things at a molecular level, what once seemed small and plain now appears intricate and detailed.

So, where are we?

Somewhere in the middle of an infinitely expanding timeline which makes us both gigantic and miniscule all in the same moment.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Devino

You might be interested in this:

Self-Similar Cosmological Paradigm

I can't really make heads or tails of it, but it seems try to account for the way in which nature is self-similar across scale.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by shipovfools
This reminds me of the holographic universe theory as presented in the book by Michael Talbot.

en.wikipedia.org...

You can break hologram into as many smaller and smaller pieces as you want, and each part will still contain the same image as the whole.

This is of course similar to a fractal in which patterns repeat on smaller and smaller scales.

On a slightly related note, I've noted the same connection with Enochian Magick, in which each subdivision reflects the larger table. (I'm not an expert on this topic but that's the general sense I've picked up from what little I have studied.)

THIS. [but...enochian magic? whats that?]

The concept of fractal patterns and of course some elements of chaos theory where things begin to order themselves and random patterns emerge to repeat themselves.
While someone pointed out the fact that the galaxy is a spiral and the atoms are concentric circles, what about the solar system, maybe we shouldn't scale out so big yet.The solar system is based on concentric circles and orbits. I've always wondered since high school chemistry, about the correlation. maybe we are just part of a huge atom that makes up the pieces of say another cell of another being on a planet, thats part of a solar system thats part of a galaxy thats part of a ,well...you get the idea. LIke the reflection of the man in the mirror being reflected in the mirror etc.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
If this theory is believed to be more than just that could somebody tell me what the likely scenario would be if the living organism that is hosting the particle the we reside....orbiting the electron.....orbiting the nucleus of an atom....dies????

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

If my theory is correct then the big bang of our universe can be explained by the moment of conception of the living being we reside within, and each new being conceived is the creation of a new universe.

This is my favourite concept from this entire thread (it tickles me pink so it does).

A few years ago (I don't know if it's still held) physicists claimed that the big bang that started the universe began at a point of zero dimension and infinite density ???? That idea always messed with my head, given that in mathematics zero means zero - it doesn't equate to 'just a little bit'.

I like your theory much better

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo2012
If this theory is believed to be more than just that could somebody tell me what the likely scenario would be if the living organism that is hosting the particle the we reside....orbiting the electron.....orbiting the nucleus of an atom....dies????

I don't personally believe in this, because our galaxy acts very, very differently from an atom.

HOWEVER, to answer your question, assuming our galaxy (or our universe) is an atom or electron...

NOTHING would change if the host organism dies, because after something dies, the atoms are not affected. The atoms in your body don't care whether you are alive or not. The keep doing what they do whether you are a living organism, a dead carcass, or an inorganic thing, such as a lump of rock.

Having said that, chemical process do change whether the organism is dead or alive, and I suppose some atoms may get locked up one compound/molecule or another depending on the chemical process, but tha atoms themselves don't change. For example, an oxygen atom is basically always and oxygen atom, whether it is part of carbon dioxide (CO2), water (H2O), is is free oxygen (O2). There may be some sharing of electron involved when they combine to form molecules, but those electrons don't change.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

This is brilliant, I have thought similarly but thought it was far fetched.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join