It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ind man with 47 guns arrested after school threat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Ind man with 47 guns arrested after school threat

news.msn.com

CEDAR LAKE, Ind. — Authorities say an Indiana man who had 47 guns and ammunition in his home has been arrested after allegedly threatening to kill people at an elementary school near his home.

Cedar Lake police were called to the home of 60-year-old Von I. Meyer early Friday after he allegedly threatened to set his wife on fire. A police statement says Meyer also said he would enter Jane Ball Elementary School and "kill as many people as he could."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
This is breaking news on my home page. I wanted to share it for those who may not have seen it yet.

There aren't a lot of details about it yet, but hopefully, another tragedy like the one we just experienced has been averted.

Someone once said they came in three's. People wanting to do copy-cat crimes

news.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
This clip has already been posted by another member on another thread but it is extremely relevant to this op.

The media has to change the way it reports these incidents.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
There are very limited details to this, but I've been watching a lot of news feeds over the past few days, and it seems like a lot more gun related violence is hitting the spot light. Considering these types of crimes happen daily, I'm getting a little nervous with all of these developing stories.

It's looking like it's a full on assault of the hearts and minds of the unsuspecting public. This is a hot button issue now, and I hope it doesn't get out of control.

It's a shame we have violence in this day and age, but alas we must not give up our freedoms for security in these trying times. I'd like to come back to this thread later once more develops, thanks.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

Yellow journalism, or the yellow press, is a type of journalism that presents little or no legitimate well-researched news and instead uses eye-catching headlines to sell more newspapers.[1] Techniques may include exaggerations of news events, scandal-mongering, or sensationalism.[1] By extension, the term yellow journalism is used today as a pejorative to decry any journalism that treats news in an unprofessional or unethical fashion.[2]

Yellow journalism

Sounds right......

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by NinjaKitteh

Unfortunately... I think we have not seen the last of these (copy-cat) killers...I think there are many in society.

A person could be anywhere...the store, a mall, church, gym, the library, coffee place, school. a bank etc. and an unbalanced person could show up and open fire.

This is our reality now....every time we leave the house...we will be looking over our shoulders.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Excellent. I don't threaten people (I joke but never real) and if you have that firepower you have to be responsable,which is a rare trait these days.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
Excellent. I don't threaten people (I joke but never real) and if you have that firepower you have to be responsable,which is a rare trait these days.

I agree. Gun Ownership brings additional responsibilities. One of those is not making threats you then HAVE the full ability to follow through on and see to the end. It's one thing to have a 90lb weakling saying he's going to rampage and beat everyone up. It's quite another to have Hulk Hogan saying it. I definitely agree here. When someone owns an arsenal of a collection .....one doesn't NEED to blow hot air and those who STILL do? Are dangerous, IMO.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I'm starting to think that we should require an Idiot test before anyone can own a firearm. But then I think the Idiots will just steal the firearms they use for their dumbassery anyway.

Gun owners: Stand by for heavy rolls as the extremists on both sides of the aisle have a field day with this.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Unfortunately... I think we have not seen the last of these (copy-cat) killers...I think there are many in society.

A person could be anywhere...the store, a mall, church, gym, the library, coffee place, school. a bank etc. and an unbalanced person could show up and open fire.

This is our reality now....every time we leave the house...we will be looking over our shoulders.

You're probably right. All those people who are a bit "tetched" are likely to talk all big and bad now saying they would do this and that and many will be arrested for it.

Others will see the "fame" that it has produced and feed off that and actually carrry out something terrible.

My heart hurts for what's going on

join