It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Owners theres light at the end of the tunnel

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spacespider
reply to post by madenusa

There will be a gun ban soon in US
And thank god for that...

Time to evolve dear cowboys..

Banning guns does not mean there wont be guns. No matter how many are destroyed.
People dont realize that banning guns will lead to more deaths. Allot of people would not stand for it.
You cant just ban assault rifles and not expect a up roar.
It wont happen unless the Government wants to start a civil war.

Imagine the military going door to door to rummage threw your house to get your gun.
edit on 16-12-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1plusXisto7billion
reply to post by Dimithae

Take it back by force? I don't care how many guns the general public has, there is no way in hell the US governemnt could ever be 'over thrown by force'. That is kind of funny. Regular old civilians with primative weapons against trained military personal with state of the art weapons. I wonder how that would end.

The only way we can make a change is to not play their game. Don't let the rich make money off of you. Use credit unions. Get ride of your credit cards. Pay for cars in cash (whatever you can afford)- $2k cars work just as good as a 7k car.

War is not about superior fire power. How many solders would be willing to kill American's? Not enough. Is it logical to ban guns to cut back on the killing sprees when doing so will cause a hell of allot more deaths? Would the people stand behind killing citizens to confiscate their weapons? Millions would probably fight back.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity

Originally posted by 1plusXisto7billion
reply to post by Dimithae

Take it back by force? I don't care how many guns the general public has, there is no way in hell the US governemnt could ever be 'over thrown by force'. That is kind of funny. Regular old civilians with primative weapons against trained military personal with state of the art weapons. I wonder how that would end.

The only way we can make a change is to not play their game. Don't let the rich make money off of you. Use credit unions. Get ride of your credit cards. Pay for cars in cash (whatever you can afford)- $2k cars work just as good as a 7k car.

War is not about superior fire power. How many solders would be willing to kill American's? Not enough. Is it logical to ban guns to cut back on the killing sprees when doing so will cause a hell of allot more deaths? Would the people stand behind killing citizens to confiscate their weapons? Millions would probably fight back.

I agree... especially the way they are treating our military returning from Iraq and Afghanistan... by not allowing them to own firearms... they swore an oath to uphold the constitution... It will take an amendment to the constitution in order to take our guns. Even after enlistment ends... The Oath Remains.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
What amazes me is that for almost two hundred years that Americans have been able to own guns, there were no mass shootings or psychotic killings. I mean really, did we ever really hear about them until maybe the 1960s at the very earliest? Then all of the sudden they start happening, and the solution is to ban guns? Why not find the real cause of the problem? I think is a symptom of a sick society, not a gun problem. Let's ban bad parents. If parents would all own guns and teach their children gun safety and to respect the power of the gun, i bet there would be a lot less shootings. Really, non-gun ownership is a bigger problem to a safe society than gun ownership is. But the anti-gun folk will never understand.

Or ban violent movie scenes that glorify killing in a way that children don't understand instead. (another failure on parents to keep their young b children from seeing violent movies.) But that would be against the 1st amendment, and the liberal anti-gun folk would be upset. With them, it's ok to pick and choose what laws in our bill of rights to follow.

I think the problem is lazy parents. They let their kids do whatever they want, and are surprised when little Johnny takes a gun to school and shoots up his classmates. Solution? Ban guns! Because stepping up and being a good parent is too hard for your typical lazy American parent.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I am flabbergasted that all you gun owners care more for your guns than you do about stopping a heinous crime like that which just happened ever happening again.

You use words like 'unconstitutional', ever consider that if it is 'unconstitutional' to try and stop little angels being gunned down like this that maybe it is the 'constitution' that is wrong.

I do know that some men 'compensate' for certain parts of their body by buying sports cars etc, is that what it is with guns? Or are you genuinely afraid that the Redcoats are coming?

I can also understand if you have spent thousands on guns you may not want to give them up, but ask yourself how selfish are you?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
May I say a single, simple thing?

How did it happen when 9/11, a great tragedy of course, did happen, it was only a matter of days and YOU ALL were sufficient with the inhibitions in flights and the huge homeland-security-heap so much that you have no problems accepting that massive influence in your freedom?

And on the other side there were a lot of massive shootings killing lots and lots of innocents all the while you were petting your guns and saying "now now, no it was not the gun, it was the mad, mad man who did this.".

There is a flaw in this process of logic, I hope you can see it.

tl;dr: No prohibition on guns, but freedom may be taken away.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggilo
I am flabbergasted that all you gun owners care more for your guns than you do about stopping a heinousthere's like that which just happened ever happening again.

Had the faculty been armedwon'tthat school like they're starting to do at other schools, alot less people would've been killed. Take away guns and there's no protection because criminals will still have guns and those that could protect others won't anymore.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Oh really? where are you from? the UK?... The country that STILL has royalty?...
Talk about "EVOLVING"...

Not only that, Europe is known by the stupid brawls Europeans love to form during soccer/football/futbol and in which many Europeans have been killed...

I find it ironic how so many stupid people from around the world want to impose their belief on Americans...

KEEP YOUR FRIGGING NOSES OFF OUR BUSINESS!!! THANK YOU...

edit on 17-12-2012 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

I am flabbergasted that all you gun owners care more for your guns than you do about stopping a heinous crime like that which just happened ever happening again.

Do you not understand that CRIMINALS and CRAZIES will not abide by LAWS?...

What sane person would think that CRIMINALS and CRAZIES will be stopped by LAWS banning firearms from law abidding citizens?...

You use words like 'unconstitutional', ever consider that if it is 'unconstitutional' to try and stop little angels being gunned down like this that maybe it is the 'constitution' that is wrong.

Are you going to ban fire as well?... There have been murderers who have used fire to kill people, including children...

Are you going to ban clubs/wood because they have been used to murder people?...

Are you going to ban knives which have killed more people than guns?...

Are you going to ban alcohol, even rubbing alcohol, because it can be used to start a fire and kill many people?...

Are you going to ban cars?... There have been murderers who have used cars/trucks to drive through crowds of people, and have killed many as well...

Are you going to ban EVERYTHING that can be used to kill people?...

The U.S. Constitution is not wrong... what is wrong are the laws leftwingers like you have called for and allowed to put in the books which has allowed criminals to go free "to give them another chance"...

I do know that some men 'compensate' for certain parts of their body by buying sports cars etc, is that what it is with guns? Or are you genuinely afraid that the Redcoats are coming?

Really?... I know that many leftwingers love to compensate their low IQs with a fear of guns, and people who own them, but if you do want to increase your IQ you should be reading books, and doing mental exercises which are freely available online...

Who knows, maybe after your IQs have increased above 0.00001 you might be intelligent enough to realize that banning firearms is not the answer...

I can also understand if you have spent thousands on guns you may not want to give them up, but ask yourself how selfish are you?

Don't talk/write about selfishness when people like YOU want to IMPOSE and FORCE your views on EVERYONE...

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

KEEP YOUR FRIGGING NOSES OFF OUR BUSINESS!!! THANK YOU...

edit on 17-12-2012 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

That's Rich, coming form America
the protection of children is a global responsibility not yours alone, and anyway your not doing a good job so far, yet you don't wan't help....sheesh

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Americans still don't get the fact that the 2nd amendment has helped criminals get guns easily by allowing so many people to have guns in the first place.
It's gone too far to ban guns now.
Should've done it decades ago.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
There's a light at the end of the tunnel for the anti-gun nuts, too:

The tunnel being a rifle barrel.

The light being a bright yellow flash.

I hope it never comes to this, but as all the gun grabbing politicians are saying: "We should put it all on the table".

Well, THAT is still on the table. Remember that.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I'm flabbergasted that you think banning guns from responsible citizens will make these crimes go away. The problem is not the gun, it's whose using it. By banning guns you make a much more dangerous route to get them. And then normal people now have no protection. Then the crimes are still committed.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

reply to post by madenusa

i'm thinking you're spending so much time worrying about white people shooting each other, that you didn't notice this

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by madenusa

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
this is great news, i hope other states will take notice.

Supporters of Marsy’s Law for Illinois
Attorney General Lisa Madigan
Chicago Alliance Against Sexual Exploitation

Chicago Citizens for Change

Chicago Coalition for the Homeless

Chicagoland Voice of the Faithful

Children’s Advocacy Centers of Illinois

Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart

Illinois Coalition Against Domestic Violence
Illinois Coalition Against Sexual Assault

Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence

Illinois Fraternal Order of Police

Illinois Sheriffs’ Association

...................Illinois State Police..................

IllinoisVictims.Org

Illinois Victim Assistance Network (IVAN)

Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD)

National Crime Victims’ Law Institute (NCVLI)
National Gun Victims Action Council (NGAC)

National Organization of Parents of Murdered Children, Inc. (POMC)

...Prevent Child ubuseIllinois.....

Project IRENE

Purpose Over Pain

Rainbow PUSH Coalition

Support for Homicide Survivors

Survivors Network of Those Abused by Priests (SNAP)

..................Violence Prevention Center of Southwestern Illinois ...............
Thank God for the NRA
The justices more or less said Illinois has a mandate to get something passed within 180 days… to pass a concealed-carry law in the state of Illinois...Merry Christmas>>>>>>>
edit on 16-12-2012 by madenusa because: spelling

I just wanted to show the Supporters..... Illinois state police was my favorite
Get er Dunn

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

I'm pretty sure you live in the United Kingdom correct??? So you have no idea d
what it means to have such d
a document as the constitution for which the people may back and it in turn back the people. You have a single ruling class that dicktates everything to you and you have to swallow it ALL.
There's nothing you could say that matters at this point. This is a situation which requires the american people to work out not anyone else. Not the UN not UK nor any other country or said country's people.

If however I am mistaken and you are american... then you deserve not the freedoms with which you voice your opinions

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Tikitiboo

I am soooo confused.....

Guns are banned in the UK right?

How the heck did this happen? Must have been a fabricated news report?

m.upi.com...

2010? 25 wounded? 12 dead? How? Gun are illegal, so it can't possibly happen?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Pardon?

UK doesn't have a second amendment and guns are banned, so why are there 6,000,000 guns in the UK?

You Brits are really confusing me tonight.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by Tikitiboo

I am soooo confused.....

Guns are banned in the UK right?

How the heck did this happen? Must have been a fabricated news report?

m.upi.com...

2010? 25 wounded? 12 dead? How? Gun are illegal, so it can't possibly happen?

That was 2 years ago.

We've had 3 (three) mass shootings in the UK in the last 20 years
How many have there been in the US this year alone?
Oh yeah...

February 22, 2012—Five people were killed in at a Korean health spa in Norcross, Georgia, when a man opened fire inside the facility in an act suspected to be related to domestic violence.

February 26, 2012—Multiple gunmen began firing into a nightclub crown in Jackson, Tennessee, killing one person and injuring 20 others.

February 27, 2012—Three students at Chardon High School in rural Ohio were killed when a classmate opened fire.

March 8, 2012—Two people were killed and seven wounded at a psychiatric hospital in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, when a gunman entered the hospital with two semiautomatic handguns and began firing.

March 31, 2012—A gunman opened fire on a crowd of mourners at a North Miami, Florida, funeral home, killing two people and injuring 12 others.

April 2, 2012—A 43-year-old former student at Oikos University in Oakland, California, walked into his former school and killed seven people, “execution-style.” Three people were wounded.

April 6, 2012—Two men went on a deadly shooting spree in Tulsa, Oklahoma, shooting black men at random in an apparently racially motivated attack. Three men died and two were wounded.

May 29, 2012—A man in Seattle, Washington, opened fire in a coffee shop and killed five people and then himself.

July 9, 2012—At a soccer tournament in Wilmington, Delaware, three people were killed, including a 16-year-old player and the event organizer, when multiple gunmen began firing shots, apparently targeting the organizer.

July 20, 2012—James Holmes enters a midnight screening of The Dark Knight Rises and opens fire with a semi-automatic weapon; twelve people are killed and fifty-eight are wounded.

August 5, 2012—A white supremacist and former Army veteran shot six people to death inside a Sikh temple in suburban Milwaukee, Wisconsin, before killing himself.

August 14, 2012—Three people were killed at Texas A&M University when a 35-year-old man went on a shooting rampage; one of the dead was a police officer.

September 27, 2012—A 36-year-old man who had just been laid off from Accent Signage Systems in Minneapolis, Minnesota, entered his former workplace and shot five people to death, and wounded three others before killing himself.

October 21, 2012—45-year-old Radcliffe Frankin Haughton shot three women to death, including his wife, Zina Haughton, and injured four others at a spa in Brookfield, Wisconsin, before killing himself.

December 11, 2012—A 22-year-old began shooting at random at a mall near Portland, Oregon, killing two people and then himself.

December 14, 2012—One man murders a reported twenty-seven people at an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut, including twenty children, before killing himself.
www.thenation.com...#

Just in case you missed it, there have been THREE in the UK in the past TWENTY years.

All guns ARE NOT illegal in the UK. Handguns and semi-automatics are though as there is deemed to be no sporting need for these.
To legally own a gun you must procure a licence which unless you meet all the strict criteria, is difficult to get and can take a period of weeks or even months to obtain. This then needs to be renewed periodically which in itself can take up to 2 months.

So, are you going to compare the UK to the US any more?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join