It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Citizens Vs. Government

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by OwenGP185

The UK would roll over to martial law immediately and easily because they have not enough guns to save themselves. The US would be nearly impossible due to the reasons above without: foreign "aid", a strict and dominant track-and-destroy network, and a civilian spy force a.k.a. neighbors spying on neighbors. Which they have.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Every picture you posted contains, what we Americans would consider to be our deterrence from another country's aggression. And agreeably, even those state of the art weapons of death, cannot stop terrorist from causing damage to this Nation. And they are not a deterrence to some Nations of this world. We talk about nut jobs that use their guns to destroy innocent lives, which is deplorable. and at the same time forget that there are some real nut jobs in this world that have their finger on a nuclear bomb and have visions of Hitler. And don't think for one minute that China or Russia, would try to destroy this country. As this Country goes, so goes the world. Or to the point, that if it goes that far, neather you or I will probably be around to worry about it.

We talk about guns in this country, that we use to protect ourselves against others that intend to cause our family's or ourselves harm. That is the first and foremost reason for ourselves to have weapons. The second for me, is that I took an oath, to defend this country (our way of living and our right to individual freedom) from all enemy's Foreign and Domestic. That Oath didn't end when I was discharged. I'm bound by it for the rest of my life, by my choice.

Foreign, being any other Country, organization or individual that would try an harm this nation.

Domestic to me is anyone person or organization within this country (such as our Government, Home Grown Terrorist, Gangs, any and all that threaten our way of life.)

As for our Government using our own military to do us harm. NO way. Would you fire on your own countrymen, knowing that somewhere, someone is firing on your family. I don't think so.

Our politicians sooner or later bend to the will of the people. Maybe not as far as we would like, but they bend nevertheless. They don't want to get put out of office and lose all that power, under the table money and all the other perk's that they enjoy.

As for having guns. They still do more good than harm. Would you rather be able to stop someone from harming your family or others that had a gun. Or be standing there wishing you had one.

If you've never looked down the business end of a gun. Trust me, you never want to. It's the biggest darkest hole in the world.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by FurvusRexCaeli

Originally posted by OwenGP185
We live in the 21st century, as you continue to supply the demand for guns you also provide government with superior weapons technology. If the likes of China and Russia are going to have difficulties attacking the US how are unorganized groups with no internet and IPhone signal going to fight back during martial law?

The Iraqis did, and the Afghanis are doing, a pretty good job. Most of them don't have internet or iPhones. Heck, I don't think most Afghanis even know how to read. It took years to wear those insurgencies down to manageable levels, if in fact Afghanistan is manageable.

These are insurgencies. The balance of kills in Iraq/Afghanistan is overwhelmingly against them. You've lost a fraction of your soldiers for a massive decimation of their forces. In fact they've resorted to laying IEDs and targeting 'collaborators'.

Is this really the way the US would like to take things? I don't think you've really thought what you're saying through. If the US military attacked the mainland US the vast majority of people would fall in-line and begin ratting you out. Your forces would be decimated immediately and you'd have to resort to hit and run tactics and IEDs in populated places in order to have the same success as in Afghanistan.

Again, not something I'd want to be involved in. Not exactly a 'win' either is it?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ltdan08

The UK would roll over to martial law immediately and easily because they have not enough guns to save themselves.

Indeed if our own military tried to take over we'd fix it politically, not militarily.

The former might take longer, but it would kill less and achieve more. The rest of your post is xenophobic fantasy land.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Just an observation;
I thought the government was comprised of it's citizens?

I better take a nap.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by exponent

You have no idea who we really are do you?I imagine that is why you don't see how insulting you are relegating all of us to primarily base and spineless people,hiding behind guns.You'd best be a bit more respectful or we won't give you anymore when you need them again.
Noting the above you debate from TV,movies and media.Good.
Being underestimated is one of my favorite assets.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7

You have no idea who we really are do you?I imagine that is why you don't see how insulting you are relegating all of us to primarily base and spineless people,hiding behind guns.You'd best be a bit more respectful or we won't give you anymore when you need them again.

We know America better than you do, because we're not blinded by patriotism. You're a violent aggressive heavily armed country in constant fear of invasion from a boogeyman. Right wing candidates have stoked the fear for decades and practically destroyed the world due to their incompetence.

No offence, but America is disliked worldwide for a reason. Your people can be nice, but you've picked the wrong causes to back.

Noting the above you debate from TV,movies and media.Good.
Being underestimated is one of my favorite assets.

I've been to your country. I've met your Police. They were heavily armed and immediately aggressive. Did you know that the majority of our police would quit the force before being armed? What does that tell you?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suohhen
As for our Government using our own military to do us harm. NO way. Would you fire on your own countrymen, knowing that somewhere, someone is firing on your family. I don't think so.

It has happend before

Our politicians sooner or later bend to the will of the people. Maybe not as far as we would like, but they bend nevertheless. They don't want to get put out of office and lose all that power, under the table money and all the other perk's that they enjoy.

I actually agree, it would only be a last resort thing. That is why I do not see why guns are needed for protection.

As for having guns. They still do more good than harm. Would you rather be able to stop someone from harming your family or others that had a gun. Or be standing there wishing you had one.

That is not something I have to worry about in the UK, there are very few guns about.

If you've never looked down the business end of a gun. Trust me, you never want to. It's the biggest darkest hole in the world.

Probably why I would like to stop seeing kids getting killed by people who possess them. Sure they could use other weapons but at least you have a better chance of living.

Originally posted by loveguy

Just an observation;
I thought the government was comprised of it's citizens?

I better take a nap.

That was the idea.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Basically what I am hearing is this, "our own military wont attack us, but when they do I have a gun to protect myself".

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by OwenGP185
Basically what I am hearing is this, "our own military wont attack us, but when they do I have a gun to protect myself".

YEP!

Its called INSURANCE!!!

That's why WE (AMERICANS) have a second amendment and that's why WE raise such a stink when it's threatened.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
[color=dodgerblue]The FOUNDERS of this great country included an AMENDMENT in our Bill Of Rights that give us citizens the RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS. PERIOD.

For those who disagree with our FORE-FATHERS WHO FOUNDED THIS COUNTRY, GET THE HELL OUT OF THE COUNTRY OR SHUT THE HELL UP ABOUT GUN CONTROL.

TWO CHOICES: SHUT UP, OR LEAVE AS YOU ARE ACTUALLY A TRAITOR ANYWAYS IF YOU IGNORE OUR BILL OF RIGHTS.

Period.

End of discussion.

Right to keep and bear arms

A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
A post I made in another topic; is very relevant to this discussion. So instead of paraphrasing myself:

Government, corporations, banks are in on this together; all three hands are shaking in agreement, and the other hand has the others back. Media? It's the mouth piece for all three...that's why sopa etc. is pushed to become law. SOPA is the equivalent of book burning; the red herring? The movie, music and software industry. Sure, they are not profiting as much as if people bought everything...but they are profiting more than before the internet; because of exposure...

The Patriot Act; basically declared everyone a terrorist threat to the trifecta of government, corporations, and banks.

Before; corporatisation of this country. Citizens stood in that spot: Government, Citizens, Banks. But since corporations are people and not an entity; citizens have been cut out of the equation. The solution is to remove that status from corporations; remove their ability to lobby as people, watch guard against corporate government bribery, and ban insider trading by anyone for any reason.

That's the long change road from the bottom...because we are not in the trifecta. The fastest non violent solution; is to blacklist any corporation that lobbies the government that is not an actual human being or .org for human rights. Dominoes pizza lobbies for pro-life; so you buy a pizza from them and are pro-choice...you just lost the battle. Same with Chic-fila lobbying against gay rights...and many many more; this is how the 1% are in control and shape policy. Black list corporations that lobby. They cannot exist without customers. Yes customers; not consumers. Trading money for service isn't seen as a custom anymore; it is seen as consumption...very disturbing; it means we are all just useless eaters in their eyes. Many people are cogs, that keep this machine running and don't even know it; educate them, perhaps they will seek employment elsewhere if possible. Or become an internal agent for good if corruption is revealed; they can attest to these practices.

Some banks are said are too big too fail; because they are in the trifecta; they have the hand on their back for support. Where is our agreement? The constitution. Where is our hand on the back? Each other. We have been demoted in position and we need to take it back; or else watch everything become an Orwellian nightmare; even more horrible than it already is. The media takes our support from each other; so we cannot arrive at a majority consensus; while the corporations buy amendments and freedom away from the constitution.

Once the constitution is scrapped from false flags; and bogus science. The collective noose has been securely set; all it needs then is a nod to pull the lever. It is the 11th hour for this country...it's not quite too late, but setting the clock back; to the day the Constitution was ratified is going to take a lot of work.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Ah,I wasn't aware I was speaking to such a sweeping authority who can pigeon hole all of us into his singular opinion,by the occasional visit to the US.
Perhaps you could elucidate the type of police that will soon be replacing the venerable "Bobby" when your force BECOMES FULLY PRIVATIZED.
I know PHDs who can't assess ONE state but you are an evolved being.
Did you speak to anyone who owns an "assault" weapon?I would guess you'd be afraid of our nationalist pride.
I know ALL about you Brits of course as well as noting how I just identified you because my daughter married a man from Nottingham. RAF I think.So I know you better than you know me.
My black guns scare many who seek a higher platform to rant their fears of what I own.I'll keep them.
I won't harm anyone who doesn't cross certain lines of my choosing,if you don't trust me Tough. why?
Because my nationalist pride is bolstered by the fact I am addressing a subject.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

I am not buying it.
If people go against the government and speak out against it, especially those in the military, they would be labeled traitors.

Case in point.

Bradley Manning.

I can't tell you how many I have seen, say that he should have received the death penalty for calling out the politicians.

The same people also say we should trust the politicians and that all military should follow their orders and not question them. It is not their place to question orders but to carry them out.

Using that logic from these same people, Hitler's soldiers were also only following orders. Look where that got them.

edit on 17-12-2012 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Citizen counterintelligence agency.

This fight would be no where near standing armies.

Spies and agents working to retrieve vital information.
edit on 17-12-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join