It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Boy A Victim At Sandy Hook Massacre,

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Dylan Hockley aged 6 was amongst the victims of the Sandy Hook school shootings. This brings it home to us on this side of the pond.

www.thetimes.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

Indeed it does. Here is a full article. The one you posted requires membership to read the whole thing.
British Boy Among...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

British immigrant would have been a better term, did you need a former Brit to die to realize how shi88y a situation it is?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ParanoidAmerican

British immigrant would have been a better term, did you need a former Brit to die to realize how shi88y a situation it is?

What a ludicrous statement you made. This type of incident has only ever happened once in the UK (Dunblane Scotland). We are not use to this type of horror, and when it involves one of our own then it hits home even more. Of course we over here realise what an horrific incident this was.
When a US citizen dies in horrific circumstances while they are abroad, does the US media not make a point of bringing it to the nations attention? I bet they do.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Don't know don't watch MSM (full of BS). I find it ludicrous that it took this to bring the event home....I am saddened by any lose of life, it don't take an American to bring it home. I feel for any child that dies before their time. I am not trying to pic a fight here I just don't understand why it took a Brit to bring it home, children are children no mater where they are from...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Don't know don't watch MSM (full of BS). I find it ludicrous that it took this to bring the event home....I am saddened by any lose of life, it don't take an American to bring it home. I feel for any child that dies before their time. I am not trying to pic a fight here I just don't understand why it took a Brit to bring it home, children are children no mater where they are from...

I think a lot of posters think like this, including British posters, but you might be surprised as to how often non-Americans are told to 'butt out' of 'American' stories and not have an opinion on them. It's weird how many Americans forget that in, for example, September the 11th, 373 of the deaths were non-American.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Every person experiences it in their own way, based on their own situation. Yes, I can see how knowledge of this young child formerly from his/her neck-of-the-woods would bring it home, so to speak-- make it more real.

God forbid your child had been victim. Your reaction would be different because you would be experiencing "how shi88y" it is on a whole different level. The OP is expressing a shift in experiencing this tragedy, though not (thankfully) to that extreme.

OP, I accept your sadness over learning that a child from your country fell victim. May he rest in peace.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Ok, ok I approached this wrong...it should not have taken the lose of a countrymen to hit home imo. The lose of children no matter the place is a tragic event that effects us all, where we see it or not it is a lose of feature. As I said not trying to pis a fight, I just see this as an issue of division. For me it changes nothing if in an event like this were to take place somewhere else and one American died....we still lost a little bit of our feature we are all in this together.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

For me it changes nothing if in an event like this were to take place somewhere else and one American died....we still lost a little bit of our feature we are all in this together.

One big difference is that if it had taken place somewhere else, a single thread would have have struggle to take it beyond 3 pages. If there were any American interest at all, whilst some well-wishers, the bulk of it would have been: "see, if you Britts (sic) had [insert name of some semi-automatic penis substitute] then this wouldn't have happened!!!!!1"

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Ok, ok I approached this wrong...it should not have taken the lose of a countrymen to hit home imo. The lose of children no matter the place is a tragic event that effects us all, where we see it or not it is a lose of feature. As I said not trying to pis a fight, I just see this as an issue of division. For me it changes nothing if in an event like this were to take place somewhere else and one American died....we still lost a little bit of our feature we are all in this together.

Be honest. When you read about this shooting you must have shed even the slightest tear. Now consider the event in China where a mad man stabbed some people.

Which tugged at your heart more?!

I think if you were honest, your reaction to what happened in Newtown effected you just a little bit more.

Even just a teency weency miniscule bit?

edit on 16-12-2012 by ThisToiletEarth because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-12-2012 by ThisToiletEarth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ThisToiletEarth

I would agree with that. I did effect me more mainly due to coverage and distance. Our attack WW main story, Chinas was on the back burner from the start; had there been detail english stories relating the horror no difference. Like I said they are all our feature it is tragic no matter who or where.

new topics

top topics

join