Clackamas Mall Shooter Was Confonted By Concealed Carrier

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
easybakegunclub.com...

I did search and found nothing on this, but I've also only heard of this from a single source, as a friend of mine posted this on Facebook.

Seems a significant detail, though, if the only reason so few were hurt was because a legal carrier confronted the shooter? It doesn't fit the crafted narrative of "Guns are Bad, mmmkay?", though, so it's not too surprising.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrikeyMagnet
easybakegunclub.com...

I did search and found nothing on this, but I've also only heard of this from a single source, as a friend of mine posted this on Facebook.

Seems a significant detail, though, if the only reason so few were hurt was because a legal carrier confronted the shooter? It doesn't fit the crafted narrative of "Guns are Bad, mmmkay?", though, so it's not too surprising.

Here's an important quote from him:

Roberts and Nick clearly saw each other and as Nick lined up the shot, he knew there was a problem, "As I was going down to pull I saw someone in the back of the (shooter) move and I knew if I fired and missed I could hit them".

This guy is a learned and responsible gun owner. How many average people do you know that would have made that decision? I think many would have panicked and started blind-firing at the bad guy, hoping to only hit him.

This whole talk on giving more people guns is ridiculous. It's not all about training, it's about nerves as well. The argument that teachers and others like them should be encouraged to carry is silly. If you can handle a gun with skill, you would have already been gravitating towards the purchase of one.

Also, if this story is true, that guy is pretty cool.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Most gun owners are responsible and have received some training all-be-it not military style training. Understanding your sight picture is the first thing they teach in shooting, you only shot what you know you can hit. Suppression fire is totally different.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by CrikeyMagnet

Here is the story I found there are others if you search.
Original Story
edit on 16-12-2012 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParanoidAmerican
reply to post by CrikeyMagnet

Here is the story I found there are others if you search.
Original Story
edit on 16-12-2012 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

Regardless, it apears to be a single story that has made a very limited tour of the webs. Shouldn't this be really important news? Shouldn't this be what people waste their 140 characters on? I mean... I'm already suspicious of government intentions, but when this gets suppressed, you get a nasty view of the bald-faced deceit in pursuit of their agenda. How could this be anything but an attempt to scare people into thinking they're helpless without more regulation?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

The argument that teachers and others like them should be encouraged to carry is silly.

Yes of course better to let your kids be at the mercy of any lunatic that wants to come in the school and shoot them at will with zero protection...Sigh! Wow just wow

I'd have my kids take their chances with an armed teacher any day then just be sitting ducks for any lunatic or Programmed assassin to murder!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
reply to post by Cuervo

I'd have my kids take their chances with an armed teacher any day then just be sitting ducks for any lunatic or Programmed assassin to murder!

The more guns there are, the more lunatics will have them. There's no such thing as a programmed assassin, that's gun nut paranoia and fantasy.

Btw, you do realise this guy saved nobody right? His responsible gun ownership still left 2 dead and if the gun the shooter was using hadn't jammed then many many more may have died.

I thought Concealed Carry is supposed to stop these incidents?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by exponent

I thought Concealed Carry is supposed to stop these incidents?

Actually, no - conceal carry is supposed to be for one's personal protection.
Don't try to be a hero if you aren't sure you can pull it off...
edit on 16-12-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

Actually, no - conceal carry is supposed to be for one's personal protection.
Don't try to be a hero if you aren't sure you can pull it off...

So you need to carry a concealed gun because everyone else might have concealed guns? Sounds like Mutually Assured Destruction.

It's not a society I'd like to live in, thinking I must be armed everywhere for safety. When I go out I carry my keys, my wallet, my phone. I have no need of knives or bats or guns, I haven't been assaulted in a decade and the chances of me being confronted with any weapon other than fists is pretty minimal.

Why would you choose a society where everyone is armed like that? It seems a dystopian future I wouldn't want any part of.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I'm not debating your choice about how you live, nor am I debating with those who choose differently. I'm pointing out an error in thought process, or if you'd rather, a limitation in your understanding.

In this case, the guy did the right thing. He wasn't sure he could eliminate the threat without making matters worse. He got out.

edit on 16-12-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

The more guns there are, the more lunatics will have them. There's no such thing as a programmed assassin, that's gun nut paranoia and fantasy.

Do a little research! You just might surprise yourself as to what our governments are capable of doing!!

Try looking up MKULTRA for a start!

Then you might want to try and watch a Discovery channel show call Brainwashed to Kill!!!

Then come back here and call people who would rather protect themselves rather than waiting for men with guns to show up and do it for them, "gun nuts"!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

I'm not debating your choice about how you live, nor am I debating with those who choose differently. I'm pointing out an error in thought process, or if you'd rather, a limitation in your understanding.

In this case, the guy did the right thing. He wasn't sure he could eliminate the threat without making matters worse. He got out.

I'm not disagreeing with you in any way. The 'concealed carry = threat eliminated' is a common gun advocate talking point. I appreciate that it doesn't really bear out in reality so I am not gonna disagree.

Thanks for the good post.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

The more guns there are, the more lunatics will have them

Actually that statement is paranoid brainwashed propaganda. The facts are more guns cause crime rates to drop dramatically. It's been proven over and over for decades as the states with the least gun laws and the most guns have the lowest crime rates. Facts trump media brainwash propaganda the sock puppets repeat over and over like a mantra and the ignorant parrot...

threat eliminated' is a common gun advocate talking point. I appreciate that it doesn't really bear out in reality so I am not gonna disagree.

Not sure what reality you live in but it does bear out, according to justice department statistics armed citizens stop more crime then all law enforcement agencies in the country combined!
edit on 16-12-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
Do a little research! You just might surprise yourself as to what our governments are capable of doing!!

Try looking up MKULTRA for a start!

Then you might want to try and watch a Discovery channel show call Brainwashed to Kill!!!

Then come back here and call people who would rather protect themselves rather than waiting for men with guns to show up and do it for them, "gun nuts"!

Wow, you couldn't have illustrated my 'gun nut' comment more expertly. You think men with guns are going to come and kill you for no reason, you think programmed killers exist for no reason.

It's paranoid fantasy. I recommend you see a doctor before you end up hurting someone.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Actually that statement is paranoid brainwashed propaganda. The facts are more guns cause crime rates to drop dramatically. It's been proven over and over for decades as the states with the least gun laws and the most guns have the lowest crime rates. Facts trump media brainwash propaganda the sock puppets repeat over and over like a mantra and the ignorant parrot...

Generally these statistics are poorly connected at best. Why is it that the US has so many mass killings if you're so peaceful? Why is it that in your country you have nearly a 10x higher chance of being stabbed and a 500x higher chance of being shot to death than in my, unarmed country?

Your claim makes no sense. If guns = low crime, then why is this person slaughtering a classroom with guns and why are your crime figures way worse than most of Europe?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Wow, you couldn't have illustrated my 'gun nut' comment more expertly. You think men with guns are going to come and kill you for no reason, you think programmed killers exist for no reason.

It's paranoid fantasy. I recommend you see a doctor before you end up hurting someone.

Your agenda here is obviously to be a troll! I gave you things to look up and show how your statement was false and instead of you enlightening yourself as to not sound ignorant you come back at me with that??

My comment about "waiting for men with guns" was a reference to people like you who would rather call the police when someone is threatening you and your families safety versus you being armed and be able to protect yourself!!!!!! But if you think telling the intruder to please wait until the police to show up is a better option, then by all means go for it!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by exponent

Generally these statistics are poorly connected at best. Why is it that the US has so many mass killings if you're so peaceful? Why is it that in your country you have nearly a 10x higher chance of being stabbed and a 500x higher chance of being shot to death than in my, unarmed country?

Your claim makes no sense. If guns = low crime, then why is this person slaughtering a classroom with guns and why are your crime figures way worse than most of Europe?

No those statistics are proven facts and your stats are BS! Britain had higher crime rates per capita then the US. My claims are facts. The latest shooting proves it CT has very strict gun control the shooter knew he had ready made victims. Those massacres never occur in the states with little or no gun laws and open carry is acceptable NY and LA have some of the strictest gun control and yet they have some of the highest crime rates in the nation also proving gun control does not work and never has! And per capitia these massacres ar pretty rare.

And if you think programmed assassins are fantasy you are naive its a proven fact they can do it and if you don't think government does then your either ignorant or a sock puppet account... There is a thread running right now on ATS on the evidence for programming killers maybe you'd like to refute the evidence presented in it? www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963

Your agenda here is obviously to be a troll! I gave you things to look up and show how your statement was false and instead of you enlightening yourself as to not sound ignorant you come back at me with that??

You said that programmed killers are going to come and kill you. That's not 'something to look up'. That's your paranoid fantasy.

My comment about "waiting for men with guns" was a reference to people like you who would rather call the police when someone is threatening you and your families safety versus you being armed and be able to protect yourself!!!!!! But if you think telling the intruder to please wait until the police to show up is a better option, then by all means go for it!

Not only do I think it's a much better deal, I have the statistics to prove it. Gun homicides in UK: 30-50, Gun homicides in US (5x population): 8-12,000

QED. Perhaps you are the one who needs to educate yourself.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

No those statistics are proven facts and your stats are BS! Britain had higher crime rates per capita then the US.

Had? You have a 500x higher chance of being shot to death in the US, you have around a 10x higher chance of being stabbed.

What crime rates are we talking about here exactly? Non violent ones? Cry me a river!

My claims are facts. The latest shooting proves it CT has very strict gun control the shooter knew he had ready made victims. Those massacres never occur in the states with little or no gun laws and open carry is acceptable NY and LA have some of the strictest gun control and yet they have some of the highest crime rates in the nation also proving gun control does not work and never has! And per capitia these massacres ar pretty rare.

Do you really think this is some sort of argument? I've driven between US states, there are no checkpoints on the border to determine where weapons came from and in this case the weapons were stolen. Your nation is absurdly violent compared to pretty much the rest of the first world but you have the audacity to demand that more people are armed.

And if you think programmed assassins are fantasy you are naive its a proven fact they can do it and if you don't think government does then your either ignorant or a sock puppet account... There is a thread running right now on ATS on the evidence for programming killers maybe you'd like to refute the evidence presented in it? www.abovetopsecret.com...

What evidence? The evidence is 'I want to believe therefore it's true'.

It's paranoid gun-nut politics, imagine an army of mind controlled killers and use that for justifying keeping a loaded shotgun pointed at your front door. When you accidentally kill the mailman you'll blame him for startling you.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Not only do I think it's a much better deal, I have the statistics to prove it. Gun homicides in UK: 30-50, Gun homicides in US (5x population): 8-12,000

UK has 3 times higher crime rate then the US per capita because criminals know most are sitting ducks... Just because your criminals use guns less but commit more crimes does not make you superior.

Crime in the UK and population

US Crime Rate and Population

The data shows that nearly 8% of UK residents will be a victim of violent crime, and just over 2% of US residents will be a victim of violent crime..

Why is that?

Perhaps Americans are safer from violent crime because we can own guns...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join