It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood is responsible for mass murders.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
So what caused the largest school slaughter in the US

Hint = property taxes

Hint + before TV

Hint = Michigan

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by mikellmikell

www.superiorreading.com...

You mean this? Where someone yelled fire in a crowded building? If not please give us a link.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Ok a WIKI likn but there's lots more

Bath MI

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

not just hollywood but more so the news media imo...

www.nationalreview.com...

TURN OFF THE NEWS.......

“You want to know why. This may sound cynical, but here’s why. It’s because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single “victim” of Columbine? Disturbed people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he’ll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody. CNN’s stated ‘that if the body count “holds up”, this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech’, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer’s face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer’s identity? None that I’ve seen yet. Because they don’t sell. So congratulations, sensationalist media, you’ve just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next. You can help by forgetting you ever read this man’s name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem. You can help by turning off the news.”
-Morgan Freeman

slumz.boxden.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

Yea i try not to watch the news as it is biased one way or another. It has turned into a means to control populations instead of informing populations. Sites like ATS are much more informative even if you have to weed out some BS.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
the guns in this particular shooting last week were owned by the parent... and they were unsecured in the home. That is just a statistic waiting to happen... She (the parent gun owner) was apparently a "prepper" you know like for the end of the world and stuff.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec

Yea i try not to watch the news as it is biased one way or another. It has turned into a means to control populations instead of informing populations. Sites like ATS are much more informative even if you have to weed out some BS.

media is all about the ratings... I am sure the government knows of this influential problem that their programming has on the populous.

they give people ideas that are real, not like some movie where we know it's a movie or a video game where we know it's not real and just a game.

To the best of my recollection games like "Postal" never been accredited for causing a mass shooting... by why hasn't the media been credited for the Newtown massacre? They afterall started the trend with Columbine getting more coverage than OJ Simpson could ever dream of.

the government needs to do something about the media to start and I don't care if we they call us a non open or free society anymore. People owned automatic weapons legally back in the day before any bans were in place, still this crap never happened.

the medias are controlled by the government, the illusion of a free press is just that... an illusion.

they want this obviously.
edit on 17-12-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
whats the matter with you people? haven't you heard? it's the in thing to do now... it's "cool" you're cool just like a gay or lesbian and atheists if you do something like this now.

this is what you do not see... you have lost connection with the youth. What was cool in your day is not cool now, other things are.

there is more to the motive being reported on this case too... but you won't hear nothing of it that's guaranteed.

all the media want's and for that matter the populous wants is the numbers... how many dead?

"Deathwatch Entertainment" people secretly like it, they just don't want to admit they like feeling bad, like a new drug!

edit on 17-12-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Agreed, Bad things like we see today should be kept local. It does America no good to know every detail. It's like my Grandma said about 50 years ago. Bad things have always happened, we just have TV now so people think it's getting worse. The fact is it is getting worse and it is partly because the media keeps shoving bad things into the heads of the populace.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by faryjay
I hate it when people come up with ...

Movies ruin people ... Games ruin people ...

NO!!!

I watch movies, tv and play violent games ... You don't see me losing it and wanting to go kill or harm people.

You know what i hate....people denying the fact that TV doesn't affect your mind. Science says otherwise! It IS the biggest brainwashing device, on the planet...and 99% of the population is "tuned" into it.
It's so "IN YOUR FACE"...you don't even realize it. They don't call those tv shows.....PROGRAMS...for nothing.

Definition of "Program":

1 [Late Latin programma, from Greek] : a public notice
2 a : a brief usually printed outline of the order to be followed, of the features to be presented, and the persons participating (as in a public performance) b : the performance of a program; especially : a performance broadcast on radio or television
3 : a plan or system under which action may be taken toward a goal
4 : curriculum
5 : prospectus, syllabus
6 a : a plan for the programming of a mechanism (as a computer) b : a sequence of coded instructions that can be inserted into a mechanism (as a computer) c : a sequence of coded instructions (as genes or behavioral responses) that is part of an organism Source
And, the synonym for "program" is "AGENDA". Crazy, right???

Here's an ATS THREAD regarding the name "Hollywood", that didn't get no love....but is worth checking out! And here's some mind boggling stuff, regarding the HOLLY TREE

In ritual uses, Holly is associated with the life, death and re-birth symbolism of Lughnassadh/Lammas, the first harvest of the year. Holly also symbolizes holiness, consecration, material gain, physical revenge, beauty, immortality, peace, goodwill and health.

Just because you don't have the "urge" to kill someone, doesn't mean you're not under television's hypnosis, to want to do something else. These "programs" affect people differently. We're not all built the same...and some tend to snap faster than others. I guess it all depends on what triggers the user. Just as an example: How many times did you become sexually aroused, while watching tv? Can't that same technique be used, to influence someone to do "evil"?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BlowinSmoke

Except there is a large portion of the population that is not susceptible to hypnosis. Therefore how can TV be doing that to them?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

A large portion of the populace is not committing mass murder.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join