It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Presidential Election 2016

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
As I opened my Facebook this morning my news feed was flooded with Morgan Freeman's little speech about the Newtown shooting ...

Freeman: Turn off the News..

“You want to know why. This may sound cynical, but here’s why. It’s because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single “victim” of Columbine? Disturbed people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he’ll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody. CNN’s stated ‘that if the body count “holds up”, this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech’, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer’s face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer’s identity? None that I’ve seen yet. Because they don’t sell. So congratulations, sensationalist media, you’ve just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next. You can help by forgetting you ever read this man’s name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem. You can help by turning off the news.”

Link

How right he is
. Personally I would totally nominate him for President in the 2016 elections...lol

Who would you nominate?

I've seen Jesse Ventura's name thrown around a few times.... Just to give you an idea

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I like Morgan Freeman.

I'd vote for him.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Xquizit

There's been a fair degree of speculation that Morgan Freeman did not actually make that speech. In fact, it's quite reasonable to suggest that someone else's speech was pasted on his picture simply because he's so popular. It's celebrity endorsement at its Photoshopped best.

And here's the main point I'd like to make here: regardless of whether Morgan Freeman actually made that speech or not, do you really think he's the only one who thinks that way? If that's how you feel, there's a huge list of nominees waiting for your attention.

This isn't what I'd call an isolated opinion. With that said, I fully agree. Whoever wrote that has some very good points that should be addressed, sooner rather than later.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Xquizit

"Hi, I'm Morgan Freeman and people enjoy listening to the sound of my voice"

I do not think he will have time to be president with all of his Movie Narrator work....

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Djayed
reply to post by Xquizit

"Hi, I'm Morgan Freeman and people enjoy listening to the sound of my voice"

I do not think he will have time to be president with all of his Movie Narrator work....

Dammit! You may be right

Alright, what does everyone think about Judge Judy? Lol

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Xquizit

He makes a good point (or whoever wrote that speech).

There is another theory I have that nobody seems to be addressing - all the shooters seem to have a psychiastrist, which means they must be using some prescribed medication or the other.

These pharmaceuticals are only 'barely-tested' and have a host of side-effects, some of which in the past have been known to turn the patients psychotic (e.g. users of anti-depressant drugs).

So it could also be just that - get rid of half-tested drugs and recreate the FDA as this one is corrupt beyond belief ... and these sort of shootings might stop happening.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Xquizit

Judge Judy would have hunted down bin laden on her own with a hunting knife between her teeth...I think you may have something....LOL

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Yeah, Judge Judy for Presidential Candidate...

Boys you better run if she gets into office..

I would totally vote for her.

She takes no chit.......

new topics

top topics

join