It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sandy Hill Shooting Reports Are Fiction

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
You forgot about the father being shot and killed in Hoboken.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by rgzing

OP, I agree that the news media is out of control in their reporting. In trying to snag the highest ratings, they are doing a shoddy job of getting the facts first before reporting. The only repercussion is that, hopefully, they'll lose viewers/ratings.

But a lot of the blame has to fall on us. We live in a NOW society with a 24hr news cycle and information at our fingertips. We are the ones sending false information to CNN and the rest. We are the ones tweeting false information and rumors. We are the ones jumping to conclusion with no facts in hand and then, when the facts do come out, we automatically shout, "Conspiracy!"

Probably what happened is a reporter talked to some first responder with enough information to create a really great story. This responder may have heard that the mother was killed and the reporter added the part about her being a teacher. 1 + 1 doesn't always equal 2, especially when you don't have all the facts.

In a chaotic event such as this, facts are hard to come by and sometimes don't surface until a day or two after the incident. I normally discount the initial stories as people aren't always the best at recounting events while they're still emotionally charged.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

It was in my post. But, really I think that this is key, personally as well
as the bait and switch from Ryan to Adam with no explanation really.
To say he had his ID doesn't wash because according to Ryan he hadn't
seen his brother in 3 years.

So what I get out of this is Whew!
That was a lucky break by the two Ernst & Young guys.

Could it just as easily went the other way and the story NOT changed?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut
You forgot about the father being shot and killed in Hoboken.

I thought that was still 'true' ?
Have they changed that story too?
I am so confused.
It's looking like 'The Galactic Alignment is Causing Diverging Realities' is just as likely as anything else, at this point. Maybe the news agencies can use that as an excuse for their ridiculously faulty reporting, and not lose viewers.

Seriously, MSM has absolutely no value to me anymore. It is like a moving-picture version of The National Enquirer (tabloid) available at the grocery store checkout. Only, they break in on programming and invade your life. I just really feel like "getting the news out" is no excuse to go forward with information that is not rigorously fact-checked!!! We here on ATS hold each other WAY more accountable. And we're just doing this as a hobby. This is their (news shows) JOB. And there are hoards of people who believe everything they say. The fact that they care not for the validity of their 'facts' ...that ratings take precedence... MAKES them Tabloid News.

WAKE UP, AMERICA.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I am glad someone made this thread.

I too have noticed the changing story. What stuck out to me the most was how ALL the news outlets were saying that the assault rifle was found in his car and was not used in the shooting.

Now today, the story has changed and they are reporting that the shooter was found lying by all 3 guns and that the wounds in the children appear to be from the rifle and not the handguns.

I really don't know what to make of it but one thing is obvious, the story is changing.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Wait, I didn't say it was right, I said we continue to allow and support it.

Our own President intentionally spewed incorrect information to the world regarding the first assassination of a US ambassador since the 70s and we not only allowed it, we reelected him!

If that doesn't say " we don't care what you tell us, just tell us something" I don't know what does.

News outlets are using twitter as sources and we sit here and say....gee, why does the story keep changing. Until we demand unbiased, accurate reporting....starting with our own President, this is all a waste of breath in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by rgzing

during the media's first feeding frenzy, didn't they say the shooters girl friend and best friend also.
pretty sure i heard that in some reports.

yea here it is,

A law enforcement official told The Associated Press that Adam Lanza’s girlfriend and another friend were now missing in New Jersey.

from this cbsconnecticut CBS News: 27 Dead, Including 20 Children, In Elementary School Shooting

and i know i saw it on other msm scrolling banners.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
reply to post by Bilk22

Our own President intentionally spewed incorrect information to the world regarding the first assassination of a US ambassador since the 70s and we not only allowed it, we reelected him!

If that doesn't say " we don't care what you tell us, just tell us something" I don't know what does.

News outlets are using twitter as sources and we sit here and say....gee, why does the story keep changing. Until we demand unbiased, accurate reporting....starting with our own President, this is all a waste of breath in my opinion.

News outlets have access to other information services besides social media. I'm pretty sure the president does as well

Now we're getting the excuses
As Shooting Story Unfolds, Media Struggle With Facts

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22

Originally posted by lpowell0627
reply to post by Bilk22

News outlets have access to other information services besides social media. I'm pretty sure the president does as well

It was bad. I am not going to reiterate what I have already said in other threads...

I will add this. In the begining there was "2 handguns and an AR-15 in the car" YET the video of them pulling a Weapon from the car is at night and it clearly is not an AR-15. So did they search the car in the day (when it was first reported AR-15 in the car) and NOT check the trunk until the middle of the night?

Just another in a long line of weirdness which plagues this entire event.

Also note: The Media was around 90% correct (they were getting official info)- The "three shot" was due to only 3 being transferred to the Hospital. The shooter was given the age of 20 or 24 (one brother was 20 , one was 24)- hey had a very good source on the inside who was in the know and intentionally feeding misinfo or half truths. In the midst of a major event how was someone able to pick up their cellphone and begin a dialoug with the media? Really? because whoever was feeding them this (mostly) decent intel was inside that school, with a million other emergency personnel.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by rgzing

They're in a rush for ratings!

I'm pretty sure they preface their statements by saying something like "sources tell us....."
So they have an out should it be wrong afterward. But they hardly ever retract a wrong statement.

What I am starting to think is fictional are these other two case. One from yesterday. One today.
The Newport shooter from yesterday. There's no photos, new or old. And none of the mall.
And this Indiana man with 47 weapons who was said to have threaten a school and kill as many as he could? And again, no photos of him or at the scene? And this supposedly happened Friday but only made news today?

All these cases are bizarre. (then we have the church with the bomb threat today near the Connecticut school)

We just can't trust what's being told and that's why conspiracy forums are so popular.
edit on 16-12-2012 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by rgzing

CIA operative? Mind control? Don't you understand that believing in that sort of kookiness is what led this mother/son to this tragic end?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
The Father, Peter Lanza is the Tax Director and Vice Pesident - Taxes at GE Energy Financial Services

His LinkedIn

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Origin
reply to post by rgzing

CIA operative? Mind control? Don't you understand that believing in that sort of kookiness is what led this mother/son to this tragic end?

What? How in the heck do you know? And kookiness? It's a FACT that the CIA has had mind control programs. Your post is very bizarre.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by CudiTheKid
What? How in the heck do you know? And kookiness? It's a FACT that the CIA has had mind control programs. Your post is very bizarre.

You are missing my point and are not understanding. It's all the crazy conspiracy nut stuff that led the Lanza family to this tragic end.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

You are missing my point and are not understanding. It's all the crazy conspiracy nut stuff that led the Lanza family to this tragic end.

How do you know that? Are you privy to information the rest of us are not? Were you close friends with the Lanza's and know what was going on in their family and what they were thinking? Didn't think so. And by using "conspiracy nut", you are showing your ignorance and bias, many conspiracies are fact, not nutty, and the use of mind control programs have been proven fact. Your post is not valid.
edit on 16-12-2012 by CudiTheKid because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

How do you know that? Are you privy to information the rest of us are not?

It's common knowledge the mother stock piled weapons because she was a conspiracy nut. She believed some sort of collapse of society was eminent.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

How do you know that? Are you privy to information the rest of us are not?

It's common knowledge the mother stock piled weapons because she was a conspiracy nut. She believed some sort of collapse of society was eminent.

Millions of people stockpile weapons, millions of people believe collapse is imminent, those millions of people don't go on shooting rampages. We don't know why Adam did what he did, blaming it on conspiracies is nothing but a guess on your part.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Origin

I have seen this accusation absolutely brought into question. Prove this with credible links. These kinds of assertions only add to the problem this thread is addressing.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Was just watching the news.

I remember hearing them report that the AR-15 was found in the back of the car, but now they were reporting the Ar-15 was the primary weapon?...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22

It's a shame it has gotten to this point where news agencies feel compeled to say SOMETHING even if it's wrong! What happened to the concept of a Press Conference? This news frenzy is being allowed to fester unchecked. Real people are suffering enough with the loss of their loved ones, without being exposed to this media circus of questionable reporting around the clock.

Why has no one in authority stepped in to quell this madness by setting the record straight on just what is known to be fact, and what is yet to be determined?
edit on 12/16/2012 by new_here because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join