It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the reason for all the recent shootings?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I wasn't sure where to post this so i will try here. I want everyone's thoughts on why all the recent shooting sprees. Could they be planed to put gun laws into effect? Could people be going crazy because they believe the world is ending? Could it be an effect of chems that we are being exposed to? Could it be another reason? Post your thoughts

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
It might not be only one reason. Might be all of the above.
The world is looking pretty neat at the moment (Sarcasm)
so out of 7 billion people, there are chances that things can go wrong.
If you were a politician, how easy would you think it would be to screw things more when things are already messy?
Breathe and think for a second.
edit on 16-12-2012 by Shurima because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by justin366
I wasn't sure where to post this so i will try here. I want everyone's thoughts on why all the recent shooting sprees. Could they be planed to put gun laws into effect? Could people be going crazy because they believe the world is ending? Could it be an effect of chems that we are being exposed to? Could it be another reason? Post your thoughts

I think all of your questions could be valid explanations!

Or a possible combination of all those things at once!

I mean...who knows for sure...really?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
recent? regretfully such horrors have been occurring for far too long and far too often...

www.alternet.org...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by justin366

I think there are several factors that get people to the edge and those have always existed. To push them over the edge, in an epidemic-like fashion, takes something non-society related. If it gets worse then we'll know there is something bigger in the works.

Personally? Call me crazy but I think the old gods are returning (you can interpret that as figuratively or literally as you like) and their fore-quake is causing changes in everybody. Ask anybody you know "Have you felt a little different lately?" and virtually every single one of them will open up and start telling you things they have been keeping to themselves about how they have felt "off" or sometimes even better.

Trying to rationalize recent events is not an excuse to sit back and watch, however. We still need to have an open dialog to prevent as much grief as possible. Even if we can't stop people from snapping (and I think we can), we can at least find ways to minimize the danger to the public.

People will continue to surprise us in the very near future. It's kind of like some medicine where you feel the side effects for a long time before the benefit. We just have to hang in there and let the medicine take its course.

PS Edit - I wanted to clarify something. I do not mean that I'm convinced of people being supernaturally altered to do this. I believe that, supernatural or through contrivance, people are getting that special "push" to snap when they wouldn't have done so otherwise. In history, the supernatural is sometimes just an analog of history when it comes to myths. I would accept either as the truth when it is known.
edit on 16-12-2012 by Cuervo because: Added PS

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
One you have forgotten to even list so here I go. THE PRESS! Man do they ever stop? Yes it was very sad and I give my love to them!
So now we have another person listening, ploting and planing to out do this one. Its creppy to think this way only people are going plain mad inside. No work, money is hard to get, we could even say that some energy is bombarding us; HARP

We could place blame on alot of things, be it Social Services who took the right to kick our kids ass when they crossed the line, I do not think most parents beat their kids really! We could use the fact that most of our kids are on at least one percription pill since the schools say they need it!
Now the press, we shall hear about this for some time and the ideas of what is the cause except what I just named above! Now I would expect some talk on gun control, just since they want to do away with them anyway! Just never know how far people will go to get their way!
And in the next week you shall hear everything to do with this shooting but not the cause! Who wants to say that all the ADD kids in pills are losing their minds? Schools now have the power to give out ridalin to most kids saying their out of control. Anyone out there even concidered the fact that the kids hate school? Just ask any kid, What did you learn is school today? They will tell you NOTHING!
So what factors have created this? I shall say many, one thing is for sure, once the pills started to be passed to kids we never have heard of such a thing happening!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I do not really think there has been much of an increase in the shootings, just an increase in media coverage and fatalities.

top topics

join