It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Game changer : Russian Iskander (SS-26) Mobile Ballistic Missile Delivered to Syria

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ausername

Whether the Turkish government is involved in some dark, NATO/US 'plot' to target Iran is quite another issue.

If, and its a big 'if', Russia has supplied any extra missiles outside the 26 that Syria had bought in the past, then that would be news, but I dont think thats whats happened. I think its just a reminder that Syria has these missiles, although with the current turmoil within their borders, I dont think it really does the regime much good.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunda

Assumptions of any kind here are useless, that said, to underestimate the dangers in the Syrian conflict and the broader implications for the region, (particularly Iran), and even for the world now, would be very foolish.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I believe this "new missiles" is really just another justification for the Patriot batteries. Isn't this the second thread on it now?

Like nukes in Iran, there is no basis for it. Just more and more and more hype.

Let me get my other broom...

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
To be honest it was Assads troops who were firing live bullets at demonstrators......in the beginning....
I realy Doub that Assad has recieved these first line missiles from Russia...they are so new the russians dont want to lose the tchnology im sure...
If these are really in Syria, then look to the west to try to capture at least one of them....
But Russians are not that stupid as to gove away high tech to where it could be lost......

Not picking on you or singling you out, but to those who find this un-believeble, just what do you think they make those weapons for? Weapons are made to be used and your statements about not wanting certain technology to fall into..... go to show you believe what you are shown is what they really have. This is not their newest Technology, get real, wake up, shut up and study first, then speak. You have no understanding, and no idea what time it is, wake up. Does the US not give it's seemingly "newest technology" to others we are nuclear allied with? Zoom out and look at the bigger picture, get some resolution going. World war is at your doorstep, and it's not going away,

Read IsaYaH chapter 17 and know what time it is, the time for playing stupid should have been over by now, but some still can't see what's happening, if you don't believe without seeing, then you will see it, all of it. How many clues do you need to spell the puzzle? It's like the wheel of fortune when the person just can't figure it out, except all the letters have already been turned over. Chemical weapons, bio weapons blah blah blah, they won't turn a city (Damascus) into a smoking heap of ruinous debree in ONE Day, Nukes will, so if both or all sides are already gonna have a nuclear theater, why would they worry about a few puny missles? I mean they are Nuclear capable as one notes when viewing the video, they are capable of using an EMP warhead which we know is a bomb, so rather than arguing over whether they would or not, why not realize 26 bad ass missiles possibly with nukes were just put on the chess board.

Did you see 911? the iraq war? a pattern? when did the US or the Quartet ever back down? Neither christians , jews or anyone should be in that part of the world right now, so why worry about this clan killing that clan, when soon all the clans will be filling your nostrils all around the world? Deuteronomy 12:5 is a great place to start.

Hurry up, you never know, the plan might be waiting on you to make up your mind and choose, deny the possiblity and it surely won't wait for you, and you'll have no one to blame but yourself.

Peace

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
So i guess the usa is going to get their missile defense in that region after all. So much for negotiations with russia. lets just play a nice chess game with weapon placement and be damned diplomatic negotiations

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by votan

This missile defense (Turkey) system is already a done deal.

The European missile defense system is a whole other issue, one that Obama has promised he would have more "flexibility" on after the election.

en.rian.ru...

Assuming we get through this Syria/Iran/Turkey/Russia crisis. The next battle will be over the above.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
More on the European system...

www.day.kiev.ua...

“We don’t care about the statements of today’s Polish leadership. We will pass our judgment considering the end result, whether or not this will be a threat to our strategic armed forces. For the time being, we proceed from the fact that the deployment on Polish territory of SM-3 Aegis interceptor missiles, starting in 2017, will threaten our national interests. Within this period Russia will take appropriate measures on its western border, primarily by deploying Iskander missile systems for pre-emptive strikes in wartime against EMD targets, including those in Poland. In fact, Russia’s stand on the matter remains unchanged.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ausername

Originally posted by ken10
Well Russia always opted for dialogue and diplomacy to settle Syria's problem, The West however opted to arm terrorists and make diplomacy impossible.

The Russians defended the Assad regime while they were killing thousands of people, many innocent civilians. They used their veto power in the UN to stop tougher diplomatic sanctions.

The Russians don't want a diplomatic solution in Syria, they want the status quo in Syria.

I await the day when Russia takes the side against a bastard bloody dictator.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Interesting move by the Russians.

www.foxnews.com...

NATO/US patriots will be ready 2nd week in January.

Assad regime is close to falling.

Iran in the crosshairs.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
reply to post by jrx2020

You can all the advanced technology you wish, it will not stop Americans dying.. With that, all it takes is a few direct strikes on certain targets and the playing field is levelled. The USA and people like you can boast all you want, you are not the only country with devastating weapons..

American dying LOL, people have been predicting that ever since I was little, yet here we stand, doing as we please, going as we please, when we want.

I'm not boasting, just spelling out the facts..

As far as thermonuclear weapons goes, the US is the thermonuclear Walmart of the world. Those well placed shots you speak of (and know nothing about) will never happen; wishful thinking doesn't win a war.

Thanks to the Middle East, the US and her allies have the best trained forces with the most combat experience in the world.
America and her allies have more combat proven weapon systems currently deployed in theater then any other nation (we've been laying the pain in the Middle East for almost 11 years, consider them our "weapons test lab").

As for "mighty mother Russia" cough, cough, there is a reason their Navy sails most often with a sea tug.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Moreover, it has sold 26 Iskander missile systems to Syria. Military Today notes the dangerous versatility of the Iskander (SS-26 Stone);.

I haven't read the complete thread but are people jumping to the wrong conclusions over the article?

The reference to the '26 Iskander' goes all the way back to 2005. Are people simply thinking that the alleged sales were recent.

From the 2005 Debka article.

The value of the transaction is unknown but it certainly runs into hundreds of million dollars, given that Syria has purchased 26 of the most advanced missile of its kind in use anywhere in the world.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

All I see here is a fabricated story of Russian supplying Iskander based on the original dodgy 2005 Debka story of Iskanders. Just a typical 'The Russians are coming' story that someone has fabricated around the Patriot deployment. Some of the pro Assad websites are going mad for it!

www.syrianews.cc...

edit on 18/12/2012 by tommyjo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jrx2020

Famous last words. America been kicking ass for 11 years? Try since it was conceived. This nation began on lies and Genocide towards the Native Americans it found here and is currently adding yet another victim to its long quest of world domination. Or don't you read history?

Yah, lets make enemies of every nation on Earth... that'll show em.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

edit on 18-12-2012 by Thunda because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ausername
Interesting move by the Russians.

www.foxnews.com...

Nothing unusual in the Russians having a contingency plan for evacuation of their citizens and personnel in Syria. The Black Sea Fleet has already had to cancel a scheduled anti-piracy mission off the Horn of Africa due to having to put evacuation plans into place and vessels on standby. The Russian Northern and Baltic Fleet are likely to take up the anti-piracy mission and will transit the Suez Canal sometime in 2013. No doubt the mad cap WW3 die-hards will be out on the various threads linking the bogus Iskander missile news story in with the Russian Navy coming to protect Assad

According to Turkish news sources landing ship Azov passed through the Turkish Strait yesterday. Tug MB-304 will enter Turkish territorial waters tomorrow. Landing ship Nikolay Filchenkov will pass through into the Mediterranean on the 24th December. The Russians have to announce these movements to the Turks as they pass through their territorial waters.

I had a quick spin on my HF receiver for Russian Navy vessels sending Morse Code weather.

8345 Kilohertz

Baltic Fleet Tanker Lena. Likely in transit out of the Baltic to head for the Mediterranean

RKO81 18181 99550 10163 22253 @1825Z

55.0N 16.3E Heading South West at 11-15 Knots

Map Link

6290 Kilohertz

Unidentified Auxiliary vessel. Likely part of the Baltic support and heading out for the Mediterranean.

RIT DE RFE76 18181 99587 10211 22252 @1827Z

58.7N 21.1E Heading South West at 6-10 Knots

Map Link

8345 Kilohertz

Black Sea Fleet Tanker Ivan Bubnov has recently been on a port visit to Malta and is currently heading east in the Mediterranean.

RCV DE RCJG 19061 99360 10228 22223 @0606Z

36.0N 22.8E Heading East at 11-15 Knots

Map Link

Link to image of Russian Navy Tanker Ivan Bubnov recently in Malta

8345 Kilohertz

Black Sea Fleet Tug MB-304 has been in the Mediterranean for a lengthy period and is heading home. Currently waiting to transit back into the Black Sea.

RCV DE RMYZ 19061 99399 10259 22212 @0609Z

39.9N 25.9E Heading North East at 6-10 Knots

Map Link

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

Good info, tommyjo- hard facts rather than politicized conjecture. As you say, quite normal for a nation to have a plan to evacuate its citizens from a quickly escalating civil war, and the vessels you have listed are hardly cutting edge military assets.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by jrx2020

Famous last words. America been kicking ass for 11 years?

No, America has stomped them in the foot, poked them in the eye, bitch-slapped them while insulting them, and now wants to play nice and go home, without actually kicking their ass completely.

They have no idea of the monster they have created, but they will in time.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

Interesting perspective, excellent information.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

Hey Tommyjo, thanks for the updates...

Was wondering... if its not illegal... recent updates put the American Aircraft Carrier Eisenhawer in the Mediterranean somewhere...

This link verifies that, but doesn't say where it currently is. Rumor has it off the coast of Syria... or only passing by on its way to America for a refit.

www.gonavy.jp...

Maybe with your sleuth skills...

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

She's already back in Norfolk. She arrived this afternoon some time. The Gunston Hall arrived home yesterday, Iwo Jima and New York arrive home tomorrow.

wtkr.com...
www.dvidshub.net...
www.wavy.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Thanks Zaphod. Wondering what made me think of it today?

Randomness...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join