It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada is a global heavyweight in the eyes of emerging powers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
More than half of people around the world say they would abandon their homelands and move to Canada if they could.

"Canada is considered desirable for people all around the world. The shining city on the hill, as America was, and remains, for many people," said Andrew Cohen, president of the Historica-Dominion Institute.

Given the choice, 53 per cent of adults in the world's 24 leading economies said they would immigrate to Canada, according to an international survey commissioned by the Historica-Dominion Institute in partnership with the Munk School of Global Affairs and the Aurea Foundatio

Globe and Mail

Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Maybe when we finish melting our ice caps we'll have room for more
. Lol

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Xquizit

I remember visiting Canada with my dad when I was a boy. Recently my kids just finished a section on Canada in their geography lesson and it has reawakened my interest in the place. I have begun to read about it more as a result, and really really hope to visit again soon.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by olddognewtricks
reply to post by Xquizit

I remember visiting Canada with my dad when I was a boy. Recently my kids just finished a section on Canada in their geography lesson and it has reawakened my interest in the place. I have begun to read about it more as a result, and really really hope to visit again soon.

Now who would want to move there are visit
escapenorth.com...

or Here
klotzlakecamp.on.ca...

edit on 16-12-2012 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Well I'm from Canada and it is a great place, but is slowly turning into what America is now. Pro-Zionist, pro-corporation. Our prime minister is the biggest piece sh!t too btw.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Putyournamehere

Yeah, Stephen Harper is a tool... I'll give you that

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Is it me or does anyone else think Harper is a robot? What else pokes a baby in the forehead while on the campaign trail? Maybe the factory he came from imbeds the activation switch in the forehead and he wanted to activate a robot playmate? Seriously though, who pokes a baby in their head? Creepy.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Putyournamehere
Well I'm from Canada and it is a great place, but is slowly turning into what America is now. Pro-Zionist, pro-corporation. Our prime minister is the biggest piece sh!t too btw.

Me too just give my friends place a PLUG

top topics

join