It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi folks newbie here on ats!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
hi folks, seems like a lively and spirited debate on a range of subjects got going on here. Should be interesting to get involved. Don't have a favourite topic, but will probably find one. keep it real.

Deano

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Hi - I enjoy ATS because of its diversity. The crazy posts (in my view) provide entertainment and I am constantly impressed by the well researched content of many contributors.

I'm sure you'll have an interesting time here.

Welcome

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDean

Hi there Deano. Welcome to ATS and I hope you enjoy your stay! Remember your ATS survival gear which includes in no particular order of importance:

1. Steel undies
2. Thick skin
3. The ATSers Guide to Troll Identification
4. Love of good debate

LOL, I jest. Welcome again and I look forward to seeing you around the boards!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Welcome to fam jam Dean

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDean

Welcome to ATS...enjoy the ride!

Happy posting!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDean

Welcome TheDean...

keep it real

You keep it real...enjoy and cya on the boards.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Welcome

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics
Terms & Conditions Of Use
What are P F K W S
The points system

Try Ask ATS to find numerous threads to add your thoughts to now. Once a minimum of 20 posts are made, you'll be able to create your own threads & send out messages to fellow ATS members.

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***

ATS is at times like a rollercoaster ride! As a new member be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let staff know by using the "Alert" function. This will help keep the community, both young and old to further enjoy the ride with you.
edit on 12/16/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by christina-66
Hi - I enjoy ATS because of its diversity. The crazy posts (in my view) provide entertainment and I am constantly impressed by the well researched content of many contributors.

I'm sure you'll have an interesting time here.

Welcome

Hi christina. Thanks for the welcome. I've already read some crazy posts and yes they're entertaining, but I would prefer to read the well-researched ones you are impressed by.

Deano

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by MyMindIsMyOwn
reply to post by TheDean

Hi there Deano. Welcome to ATS and I hope you enjoy your stay! Remember your ATS survival gear which includes in no particular order of importance:

1. Steel undies

I don't get this one?

2. Thick skin

Yes, no problems, the anonymity always seems to provide an extra layer.

3. The ATSers Guide to Troll Identification

Got it, thanks.

4. Love of good debate

I've been reading the posts for a while and thought it's about time I create an account.

LOL, I jest. Welcome again and I look forward to seeing you around the boards!

...don't know if I'll be posting, but thanks for your welcome.

Deano

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Xquizit

Wow you've been here a long time so thanks for the welcome.

Deano

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

Thanks, Deano.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by facelift
reply to post by TheDean

Welcome TheDean...

keep it real

You keep it real...enjoy and cya on the boards.

Thanks for keeping it real, Deano.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

excellent Johnny, that's a substantial amount of info to get me started, so thanks.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDean

reply to post by TheDean

1. Steel undies

I don't get this one?

Steel undies for the folks out there that will be more than willing to chew on your nether regions for not other reason than they can and they find it amusing.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by MyMindIsMyOwn

I'm still not sure about your reference, it could be because I'm in Australia & we're a bit slow on the uptake, here;-)

Deano.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I've noticed that there are a fair amount of Australians on here, enough to suggest that an Australian-specific forum for Australian-specific topics, could be quite popular and helpful -- or would that prove to be an unnecessary complication?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDean
reply to post by MyMindIsMyOwn

I'm still not sure about your reference, it could be because I'm in Australia & we're a bit slow on the uptake, here;-)

Deano.

LOL, well basically there is a phrase here in the States: "He/She gave me a good butt chewing" or "I chewed his rear for what he/she did or said" or "The boss really chewed me out for the mistake I made". This means that while engaged in a heated debate/discussion/argument the other person, or perhaps yourself, used words to give the other person a verbal kick in the pants.

Here on ATS, sometimes, the discussions seem to get to this boiling point. So in order to protect from the "butt chewing" or "kick in the pants" I was suggesting a pair of steel undies in order to keep your backside intact!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Welcome to the site Deano and you have it right about the debates and subjects here. From what i've already seen this is a great place to get involved with and I can't wait to hear from ya out there on some of the topics.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

LOL, well basically there is a phrase here in the States: "He/She gave me a good butt chewing" or "I chewed his rear for what he/she did or said" or "The boss really chewed me out for the mistake I made". This means that while engaged in a heated debate/discussion/argument the other person, or perhaps yourself, used words to give the other person a verbal kick in the pants.

Here on ATS, sometimes, the discussions seem to get to this boiling point. So in order to protect from the "butt chewing" or "kick in the pants" I was suggesting a pair of steel undies in order to keep your backside intact!

Okay, now I'm on the same page. I haven't heard that phrase before and I don't think we use it here in Australia, but the 'kick in the pants' phrase is usually used on the lazy sods that like to bludge instead of work. Steel undies, no worries.

Thanks for explaining that.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by CrabApple

Like I said, I'm unsure I'll post, but it's good to have that option with a completed and working membership.

top topics

join