Conneticut, shooters mother was a prepper

page: 1

join

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Yesterday when i read couple of news online and had a gut feeling about Adam Lanza´s mother Nancy might be a prepper, so i googled about the guns he used and those are pretty much among the ones preppers recommend.
Bushmaster Carbon 15 M4 Carbine

Desperate human looters. Terrorist invaders. Herds of zombies. Post-apocalyptic Earth is not without its pitfalls. But with an M4 carbine and a few 30-round magazines, you are set for a lot of onslaughts. There was a time when many didn’t consider semi-auto rifles a good choice for tight-quarters defense, but that changed when low-recoil rounds like Hornady Tap ammo hit the market, enabling shooters to get back on target in a hurry. Add to that the medium- to long-range ballistics of the 5.56/.223, and Bushmaster's AR-15 can be considered one of the most versatile rifles available.

Guns & Ammo

Also Glock 9-mm handgun, a Sig Sauer 9-mm handgun and a Bushmaster rifle are among those must have guns preppers wants.

Last night it also emerged Nancy was a member of the Doomsday Preppers movement, which believes people should prepare for end of the world. Her former sister-in-law Marsha said she had turned her home ‘into a fortress’. She added: ‘Nancy had a survivalist philosophy which is why she was stockpiling guns. She had them for defense. ‘She was stockpiling food. She grew up on a farm in New Hampshire. She was skilled with guns. We talked about preppers and preparing for the economy collapsing.

Mail Online

So as we have been informed by the news Adam lanza was not stable guy in the beginning with, so question rises if the doomsday preparing scenery really made him even more disturbed so he made this tragic move.
So are we expecting more events like this to happen in this week ... could be.

There is nothing wrong with prepping as long as some common sense is used. Among the mentally disabled kids this kind of prepping might and more likely is a bad decision, when they see prepping in action and doomsday scenario pictured in front of their eyes everyday it might have been a tricker to the decisions he made.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
This may be nonsensical to some and no offense to anyones beliefs. I just have a hunch that these events are to win favor of the "asleep" against guns. Now I already picture the US citizens without the right to carry guns, it ain't looking pretty. Like I said it is just a gut feeling. I mean no disrespect to the victims on that day.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

Actually what I am thinking is since he was a prepper this gave even more reason for them to use MKUltra on him. Just look at that one guys youtube account that got taken down cause he was a prepper. They are targeting preppers and turning them into terrorist, makes me wonder if the guy mall shooting guy was a prepper also.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
What? If you have a mentally disturbed child you shouldn't prep?

No, what you should do is seek professional help, being a prepper doesn't mean all doom and gloom....just means being prepared.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
What? If you have a mentally disturbed child you shouldn't prep?

No, what you should do is seek professional help, being a prepper doesn't mean all doom and gloom....just means being prepared.

And owning and using a gun safe without giving the combo to a mentally unstable person in your home. Prepping for a disaster takes on many facets, and unfortunately, this seems to be one some forget is an important one as well.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I think you are right that there's gonne be more of these "incidents" coming up to the 21st of december. Theres to many crazy fools actually believing the world is gonna end so they feel they've got nutting to lose. Hell if i believed the world was really gonna end that day and i didn't believe in karma i dont even wanna begin thinkin what i would do these last days :S. It's gonna get a whole lot worse before it gets better. Watch ya backs every1!!!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
How can you state '...Coneticut, shooter's Mother was a prepper', just because she had the guns that a prepper would prefer.
Not only is that just misleading speculation but an outright lie. How dare you lie on ATS, to ATS?

Disinfo, check. Blatant lies, check. Misleading, check. Fear mongering, CHECK.

I loved this bit, 'So we may be facing more threats... could be'. Could be my #.

I hope the mods close your thread. ##

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

As long as you use common sense there is nothing wrong with prepping. If you have mentally disabled kids you should be very VERY careful how and what you teach them about prepping. To someone who is unstable and does not understand the whole picture things might escalate in their minds.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Monkeygod333

Read the thread i started before making your assumptions by the first two lines.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
The entire issue is this is being used to portray the prepper community as a bunch of crazies (and I have been called crazy on here for saying I am a prepper)

Yes, she shouldn't allowed him access to the firearms and make no mistake this event was a tragedy - but don't limit the rights of good people for the acts of a few.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monkeygod333
How can you state '...Coneticut, shooter's Mother was a prepper', just because she had the guns that a prepper would prefer.
Not only is that just misleading speculation but an outright lie. How dare you lie on ATS, to ATS?

Disinfo, check. Blatant lies, check. Misleading, check. Fear mongering, CHECK.

I loved this bit, 'So we may be facing more threats... could be'. Could be my #.

I hope the mods close your thread. ##

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

my thoughts exactly, a short little blurb about something his aunt might have said about his mom, from a source that is just a bit above the gossip rags, star and national enquirer. if that was the case the U.S. tv msm would have been all over it, running it as a news alert in their scrolling headline banner bars saying " shooter mom was a doomsday prepper "

and the fact that someone recommends a certain type of rifle or pistol, doesn't mean squat either.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by dollukka
Yesterday when i read couple of news online and had a gut feeling about Adam Lanza´s mother Nancy might be a prepper, so i googled about the guns he used and those are pretty much among the ones preppers recommend.
Bushmaster Carbon 15 M4 Carbine

Desperate human looters. Terrorist invaders. Herds of zombies. Post-apocalyptic Earth is not without its pitfalls. But with an M4 carbine and a few 30-round magazines, you are set for a lot of onslaughts. There was a time when many didn’t consider semi-auto rifles a good choice for tight-quarters defense, but that changed when low-recoil rounds like Hornady Tap ammo hit the market, enabling shooters to get back on target in a hurry. Add to that the medium- to long-range ballistics of the 5.56/.223, and Bushmaster's AR-15 can be considered one of the most versatile rifles available.

Guns & Ammo

Also Glock 9-mm handgun, a Sig Sauer 9-mm handgun and a Bushmaster rifle are among those must have guns preppers wants.

Last night it also emerged Nancy was a member of the Doomsday Preppers movement, which believes people should prepare for end of the world. Her former sister-in-law Marsha said she had turned her home ‘into a fortress’. She added: ‘Nancy had a survivalist philosophy which is why she was stockpiling guns. She had them for defense. ‘She was stockpiling food. She grew up on a farm in New Hampshire. She was skilled with guns. We talked about preppers and preparing for the economy collapsing.

Mail Online

So as we have been informed by the news Adam lanza was not stable guy in the beginning with, so question rises if the doomsday preparing scenery really made him even more disturbed so he made this tragic move.
So are we expecting more events like this to happen in this week ... could be.

There is nothing wrong with prepping as long as some common sense is used. Among the mentally disabled kids this kind of prepping might and more likely is a bad decision, when they see prepping in action and doomsday scenario pictured in front of their eyes everyday it might have been a tricker to the decisions he made.

This was brought up in another thread here and discussed 6 hours before this thread started.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MisterMaster

and it seems a full six hours ago people were saying to you to stop making up conjecture.
stop trying to draw attention to your posts and comment here if you want.
no brownie points for you.

ETA: and to correct your statement about the ar 15 recoil in the other thread, although it has a little recoil, it is no where that of a 16ga, shotgun which is a pretty obscure gun now, very few use it. most popular now is a 12ga.

in case your wondering how i know, i was a marine and fired my weapon quite regularly, and also in my younger days enjoyed hunting. don't care so much about it now, it's to cold to get up and go into the woods any more.
also i own a bushmaster M4A1

edit on 16-12-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by MisterMaster

I used the search before i started this thread just to see if anyone actually picked this up. Yesterday i replied in one thread when i had a gut feeling about her being a prepper at 15-12-2012 @ 02:46 PM so i looked up these weapons and how widely they are used by preppers cos i felt there might be a link.
So the news which linked Nancy Lanza as a prepper i saw today in Mail Online. As i said there is nothing wrong with prepping as long as common sense is used !
edit on 16-12-2012 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

Nice thread dollukka! I agree with you that we are probably going to see more of this kind of activity in the next week. Something about doomsday prophecies tends to bring the nut bags out of the woodworks. Someone who is already extremely mentally unbalanced could go off the deep end under the stress of really believing the world might end. It's a sad state of affairs.

I also believe that when the MSM bombards us with sensationalized repeat after repeat of a tragic event it starts giving psycho copycats ideas. Why can't these media fools just do some straight forward reporting for a day or two and then just move on? Oh yeah- the money. It's always about the money isn't it?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

I also believe that when the MSM bombards us with sensationalized repeat after repeat of a tragic event it starts giving psycho copycats ideas. Why can't these media fools just do some straight forward reporting for a day or two and then just move on? Oh yeah- the money. It's always about the money isn't it?

How quickly after the over reported mall shooting did this guy copycat? Was it a few days?

Thats why this one happened when it did is my guess.
And they can't wait to activate all the police for miles and all the helos have a field day filming them storming around looking for more "bad guys". The incident was over before the first responders ever got there, right? Then instead of not alarming everyone and making life miserable for everyone there, they go marathon on the news (its still on). Now the media agenda comes out.

I'm hearing less about the guy who did it than I am hearing about more gun control. Thats the agenda.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Sorry, but nobody in their right mind is going to buy a Bushmaster, let alone a Carbon 15 for apocalypse use. They're pretty low on the AR-15 quality tier chart. Better than Vulcan Arms, but anything owned by Freedom Group tends to be junk.

As for the "prepper" connection? Look, there's a line between being ready for unexpected circumstances, and just being paranoid. Which side this family fall on I don't know, but I'd guess the second.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I've fought a lot not to comment too much on the Sandy Hook shooting but I've just about had it with the extreme angles being played.
I have a few firearms, I'm not a "prepper" but I understand the value in being prepared for rough times and seeing as how the media and society does nothing but bombard people with fear and propaganda meant to get them to buy "preps" they have no one to blame but themselves.
The problem isn't guns. It's the mental health and state of our society. The fact of the matter is that psychologists and quality health is too expensive and not available to those until they've committed a crime. It's the constant hate that is spewed from groups against other groups. Our society is a steaming pile of crap right now with so much hatred that it's sickening.
While children are being buried because one guy didn't have a support network to deal with his issues and signs went unnoticed by physicians and family you guys are all fighting over whether this is a gun issue, prepper issue and how the Westborough Baptist Church are scum (I agree with the last statement, just to be clear).

Why can't people just take this moment to recognize that there may be someone around you who is dealing with some crazy issues instead of poking at them and try to help them? People don't just "lose it" without showing signs of losing it.

By the way, I live in CT and know a few people who are directly affected by this tragedy.

new topics
top topics

join