It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is your favourite journalist?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I was just trying to think of a journalist that I respect and listen to. I really cant think of one. I am somewhat of a news junkee but I always search the news item that I am interested in and read as many sources as I can, from as many countries/perspectives as I can, rather than frequenting particular news sites.

I have no particular journalist that I turn to or that I trust.

I think that with any 'journalist' you must consider who employs them and take that into consideration when reading their 'opinions'.

Its sad that the only person that popped into my head was Sam Smith who is a sports writer for the Chicago Tribune. I never read the Chicago Tribune but a basketball newspaper I used to buy ran his stuff in it. I always looked forward to reading Sam's stuff because he was great at the gossipy stuff. Trade talk and rivalries and needling here and there. He was funny.

Sports writers may be the last journalists left on earth that have integrity. Most of them call it like it is.

Is there some journalist out there that is doing important things? Have I missed them? Does anyone know of an important journalist that everyone should know about?

edit- I guess getting alot of perspectives is the safest. Its always interesting how journalists in different countries report certain things differently, especially initially.
edit on 16-12-2012 by spangledbanner because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Its a shame about the realtime search going missing.

That was awesome for when something big happened. Not for the twitter stuff but for the instant news. As it was posted. Nobody seems to care that its gone. Now you only get last hour and its not in order. Kinda sucks. Kinda suspicious too if you ask me. The twiiter contract ran out my ass.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Matt Taibbi - Rolling Stone
Glen Greenwald - Formerly of Salon
Bill Moyers - PBS

Are there any other real journalists left?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Jenna Wolfe

PEACE

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Thanks guys./

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I have always liked Erin Burnett!!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Personally, If I had to choose a favourite Journalist I would without doubt choose John Sweeney.

Sure he's had a few "wobbly moments" let's say - the infamous Scientology break down does come to mind, but I think the overall work he's done as a journalist is just fantastic, especially with the Panorama series. I really look up to him as someone who tries to find truth and yeah, he would certainly be my choice.
edit on 18-12-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join