It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did I Talk with an Angel?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I work third shift so when I come home it is still dark outside. Every morning for the past couple of months there has been an old man walking along the side of the road not far from where I live. I figured it was some poor soul having to walk to work every morning. Even though it was dark and he couldn't see me he always through up his hand in a gesture saying "hi" as I passed him by.

I had thought about stopping and offering him a ride several times, but then decided that wouldn't be a good idea.
I'm a female, all alone, and he could be some kind of lunatic that would try to kill, or rob me.

One morning last week as I was coming home the temperature was in the upper 20s. It was really cold! I had been thinking about this man on my way home. I knew he would be on the road, as he was EVERY morning.
I hated to pass him by with it being so cold so I decided I would stop this time.

Once I approached him I stopped (I live on a lonely two-lane road) and asked where he was going?
He said in a very friendly manner, "Nowhere. I'm just out walking looking at the beautiful earth, and pretty women." Then he laughed.
I said, "Oh, it's too cold to be out walking this time of the morning! I was going to offer you a ride. Well, I hope you enjoy your walk."
He said, "Nah! It's not too cold. But, thank you, Sweetheart."
I smiled and pulled away.

I haven't seen that man since that morning.

Was this an angel? Was I being tested by God? There's a verse in the Bible somewhere about helping the poor. I can't think of the verse, or it's location at this time. Or something about, "Whatsoever you do unto them, ye do unto me." I know that's not the words. Maybe someone here can help me out with the correct bible verses?

ETA: I found the bible verse. It is Matthew 25:40...
“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Questions have been going through my mind because I haven't seen him since that morning, and he was ALWAYS there before.

Did I talk with an Angel?

What do ya'll think?
edit on 12/16/2012 by sled735 because: add bible verse.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I think you spoke to a normal geezer who likes to take walks.

People take walks at all sorts of random hours. I believe if was just coincidental that he took his walk at the same time you go on your travels.

...but you never know...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Was he an angel? I can not say, but here is a Scripture for you.

Hebrews 13:2-3 (KJV)
2Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Interesting story, Sled. Do you live in a small town where everyone knows everyone? Or are strangers the norm? I live in a pretty good sized city and have had similar encounters as well.

There was one night I walked a few blocks to the grocery store with my mother and there was a woman standing outside right in front of the door. I thought she was going to ask us for some money. She even sidled up really close to me as we walked in, but didn't say anything...just kinda stared.

The next day I drove across town (about 6-8 miles) and stopped at a Chinese takeout in the late morning. The same woman was there right outside the restaurant! And still just staring at me. As I ordered I was thinking of asking if she needed some cash or some help. But when I went outside she was gone.

My mom said she didn't see anybody at the grocery store the night before..even though that woman practically jumped right in front of us.

It really amazed me that I saw the same woman doing the same thing in different parts of the city at different times of the day. I wouldn't go so far as to say it was supernatural in any way. But there are definitely fun quirks of synchronicity and coincidence that make us wonder.

One night I went to the store and bought a new CD. I had the music blasting as I started driving home. I went to make a turn and my eyes caught a lady in the lane to my left as I made the turn. She just gave me this odd look and kind of...pointed with her eyes. I noticed there was an ambulance racing by and it would have hit me if I didn't stop. I guess I couldn't hear it because the music was too loud (yes, very irresponsible of me.)

I couldn't help but think of that incident as well. She didn't smile or look frightened..no urgency on her face..just a look that told me to "watch out." Actually, her expression was pretty blank--not sure why I had the inclination to just stop.

There are definitely weird instances when strangers sometimes cross our paths. These 2 examples stick out in my mind the most. I have definitely been watched over and saved more times that I can count--I believe in angels.
edit on 16-12-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by truejew
Was he an angel? I can not say, but here is a Scripture for you.

Hebrews 13:2-3 (KJV)
2Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

Thank you for that verse, truejew. I also found this one which I added to my post, but the one you posted was the one I was thinking of.

Matthew 25:40...
“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Thanks again.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

No, I live in a rather large town. I don't even talk to my neighbors unless it's to tell them to keep their dogs out of my yard. (They come over and eat all my cat's food!)

I don't know who this man is. I had never seen him before I saw him on the road. I don't know what to think.

That is a very interesting encounter you had! Thanks for sharing that!

I think, no actually, I KNOW there are angels among us. It just fascinates me when I think they have "touched" me in some personal way. This isn't my first encounter with them. Awesome feeling!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
He just made your day.
edit on 16-12-2012 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
It's always the right thing to do to stop to help people. I don't know about angels. Maybe. Sometimes I think of that verse from Hebrews myself when I see someone in need.

Sticking your neck out to help a stranger might seem dangerous in this day and age but I think that "danger" is exagerrated by a fear-mpngering media. We have to help each other.

I've benefitted from the help of strangers. I certainly shouldn't withhold what was freely given to me.

On a side note:

Almost every time I've picked up a hitchhiker (most "hitchhikers" these days are people whose car broke down at the side of the road), I get them stoned. And the funny thing is, almost anytime that MY car has broken down and a stranger gives me a ride, they get me stoned! I love that about people. We see someone in a crappy situation and we help. But we also go above and beyond. People helping others. Wouldn't it be nice if you could see THAT on the news!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SimultaneousFinal

I haven't been stoned since my teen years. I'm 55 now.

Yeah, it would be wonderful if the news would cover the good things that happen. All the negative is what they think people want to hear. Not true!

Hey, if there are any news people here, listen to the public. GIVE US SOME GOOD NEWS FOR A CHANGE!

All the hate, wars, and violence that is pounded into our brains on a daily basis doesn't do anyone any good. Too much is TOO MUCH!!! The people begin to believe that is the way it is supposed to be so they copy that behavior.
Sad world we live in.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Have you seen this man since, Sled? I have many a time, found people in my life who would offer some insight or assistance and then vanish as quickly as they came. I strongly believe that angels walk among us, and help out.

Thank you for posting this story!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Silenceisalie

No, I haven't. I'm leaning toward it being a "test" of some kind to see if I would help, or just keep on passing him by.

Thanks for your response.

edit on 12/20/2012 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735

I have no idea.... but I would like to think so. No matter what, it put a smile on my face knowing you stopped... that is exactly what the world needs more of.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by aspiechick

I have no idea.... but I would like to think so. No matter what, it put a smile on my face knowing you stopped... that is exactly what the world needs more of.

Thanks. It did give me a wonderful feeling after I stopped to see if I could help him. I'll have to admit I was relieved when he said he didn't need a ride. (I'm only human.)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Was this an angel? Was I being tested by God?

I think you passed...

How AWESOME!

I smiled and had huge goosebumps after reading this...

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

Was this an angel? Was I being tested by God?

I think you passed...

How AWESOME!

I smiled and had huge goosebumps after reading this...

Thanks. Glad you were "blessed" (for lack of a better word) by my story.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
OP, your experience reminded me of Vincent Tan's incredible Angelic encounters several years back:

Angels appear as humans

God Makes a Telephone Call...

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I'm an old man, but you can see me at 5:00 AM (especially on the frosty cold mornings) walking to the store. I love the quiet of the morning, but I also love the cold. I thought people needed more warmth when they got older. I can't stand it any hotter than 74 degrees.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid
OP, your experience reminded me of Vincent Tan's incredible Angelic encounters several years back:

Angels appear as humans

God Makes a Telephone Call...

Thanks for the links. I'll give those a read.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by sled735

I'm an old man, but you can see me at 5:00 AM (especially on the frosty cold mornings) walking to the store. I love the quiet of the morning, but I also love the cold. I thought people needed more warmth when they got older. I can't stand it any hotter than 74 degrees.

IT WAS YOU!!!!!

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
What a wonderful experience for you, Sled!

The world needs more people willing to help others like you.
It's a shame that we can't offer help to a stranger any more without having to wonder if we are putting ourselves in danger by doing so.
The world is in a sad state, for sure!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join