It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Iraq Militants Take Lebanese Child Hostage. Update: Released

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
A 7 year old boy has been abducted on his way home from school in the
Diyala province, east of Baghdad. His name is Mohammad Abdel Ghani Hamad.
His father has lived in Iraq for 30 years. The militants have reportedly demanded
a ransom of $150,000.

abcnews.go.com
BEIRUT, Lebanon�Oct 24, 2004 ��Gunmen in Iraq have abducted a 7-year-old Lebanese boy and are demanding $150,000 for his release, Lebanon's official news agency reported Sunday.

The boy, identified as Mohammed Hamad, was kidnapped two days ago on his way home from school in the Diyala province east of the Iraqi capital of Baghdad, the state-run National News Agency said. The boy's father, Abdel-Ghani Hamad, has lived in Iraq for 30 years.

The Lebanese Embassy in Baghdad was aware of the ransom demand and the Lebanese charge d'affaires in Iraq, Hassan Hijazi, was trying to secure the child's release, the report said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Mohammad Abdel Ghani Hamad was kidnapped two days ago. Foreign Ministry officials in Beirut could not be reached for comment on Sunday.

Related News Links:
www.abc.net.au

[edit on 29-10-2004 by sanctum]

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Thats disgraceful.. I don't think I have to say much more. When you are that low as to kidnap a child you deserve the most painful death ever.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Linux
Thats disgraceful.. I don't think I have to say much more.

Thank you Linux for saying what i was thinking as i posted this.
I try to restrain myself (through gritted teeth) while posting news like this.

Sanc'.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I hope Iraq (and the middle east) realise that these are low blows and start co-operating and ride out these infadels!

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Kidnappings are not uncommon in Iraq. Since the system collapsed at the end of the war, hundreds of people were abducted, becouse the occupation forces and the iraqi police were unable to restore law and order. I wouldn't put the guys who did this in the same category as the "militants" or the "terrorists". They probably are criminals who escaped from prison, or those who Saddam deliberately released to spread chaos when he realised war is inevitable.

Those who do the beheading stuff are mostly terrorists from other countries, and they tend to abduct foreigners or those who cooperate with the "coalition". So IMO there are 3 categories of "troublemakers" in Iraq today :

-Terrorists, mostly from other countries, who do the beheadings, and suicide bombings.

- Criminals who escaped from prison. They kidnap people to demand ransom money.

- Iraqi insurgents, sunni's and shiite's, who attack coalition forces in the "conventional" way (ambush, mortar fire, roadside bombings etc.)

All in all, I think they are "normal" criminals. I don't say that this is normal, but it's -sadly- pretty common in Iraq today...

If I'm wrong, and you have info about the kidnappers feel free to correct me..

EDIT:Typos and made post more clear..

Lines between these "categories" tend to blur sometimes..

[edit on 24-10-2004 by Judge DredD]

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Sorry! Quoted instead of edit...
I'm a noob.. forgive me.
Someone delete this plz!

[edit on 24-10-2004 by Judge DredD]

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Child hostage released in Iraq

A SEVEN-year-old Lebanese boy taken hostage last week on his way to school in Iraq and held for a $US150,000 ($201,477) ransom was released today in exchange for a lesser sum, his father said.

www.news.com.au...

Some good news out of Iraq for change.

Sanc'.

new topics

top topics

join