It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dec 21 hasn't rattled me one bit until I had this dream.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

I thought it was impossible to read in dreams, as it requires two separate parts of the brain.. if so, sorry bud

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I have to jump in and add my dream I had a couple of nights ago. I dreamt I was outside and it felt as if the earth suddenly came to a stop, like losing momentum and shaking just before it stopped. Then I saw the sun moving very fast across the sky as if the earth was spinning faster. Almost as if the earths core made the earth spin faster. I realised something was terribly wrong.

I was freaked out about this dream and just had to add my 2 cents

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by weavybaby
not to discount your dream as anything but your unconcious thoughts, but the majority of the time it is.

i say stop worrying about events you read and hear, and start thinking more about the inner workings behind the scenes.

Yes, I am aware that the events in my dream don't add up with science--it was a dream--things aren't supposed to make sense as they do in the rational, waking consciousness. Dreams are a function of emotion, not logic. Inhibition and logic are not present in dreams. Likewise, emotion is usually suppressed in the waking logical consciousness.

And, of course dreams are the product of subconscious thought. But can you adequately define what the subconscious is and what it does and its ultimate significance for the organism? Any living thing has pretty much 2 major goals--eat, reproduce. How does the subconscious help us do these in any way? Why would the mind even need to store and process all that junk we can't process on the conscious level of our active memory? It doesn't help us survive (or does it?) and it doesn't help us propagate the species.

So when you say, "I am discounting your dream as a product of the subconscious." PLEASE think what that really means. The human mind is endlessly fascinating! We may know a bit about what it does--but there are other questions, chiefly why? This is where we leave science and enter philosophy. And frankly, I'm more interested in why my subconscious would do what it does than how it achieves it; especially because it's never really helped me eat and reproduce, which should be all that the organism cares about.

I never claimed my dream was prophetic in any way. I stated at least twice in my OP not to treat it as such, and that I am not treating it as such.

I am not filled with worry. I am filled with curiosity.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher

On the surface , you think don't care about it , but in your subconsciousness , you do and your dream played out what you really think about December 21st deep down inside and you are hiding those feelings in your waking life.

All of us skeptics are.

I am interested in the topic, sure! But scared? I wasn't even scared when it happened in the dream. Wouldn't my dream allow me to flee and panic and run amok with the fright supposedly stored in my subconscious? It didn't happen. If I am afraid on the subconscious level, it missed a great opportunity to express and resolve that fear.

Naw, I still have to disagree. If you want to ask me what I think the dream meant, my answer would be something like "I don't know, very probably nothing. It was interesting though and has give me something to think about."

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Strange I had a weird dream too. And it's a dream that comes and goes, about once a year... Though I have had it more this year.. I was at the beach and went out to the beach front deck.. It was like a tower not a deck. I was apparently 100 ft in the air.. Hmm can't get down from here I thought.. This is dumb.. But then the water came all the way up to it, and the 100ft deck tower rocked like a floating dock..

I jumped into the water, but at the point I was supposed to stop and float I was falling. The water was receding just as fast as I was falling. I never hit the sand, but I was half way in the water.. And then I woke up.. I have had Giant wave dreams so many times ever since I was born.. The fear, and the power of the wave is SOO real. A lot of times I get smashed so hard my bones ache, and my lungs feel like exploding from lack of air.. Way too real every time I have it...

Odd that is the only dream that I cannot fly in... I always fly away from "bad guys" haha.. But nope my end of the world dreams always kill me, or are about to kill me, with little fear I accept it, like "ahh so this was what I waited for.. What a ride.."

I don't know, but my feeling psychic side doesn't sense anything coming..
edit on 12/17/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Egyptia

Very interesting dream! Thanks for sharing. I am curious. Do you live in a place near a volcano? Have you ever witnessed one? I have not. The red swirls in my dream weren't exactly lava/magma. They were just reddish, flowing swirls coming up from beneath. I interpreted it to be my representation of what magma might look like.

As I said at one point, disaster dreams are very uncommon for me. Heck, where I live we don't even get any natural disasters or diabolical weather of any kind. Worst we get is a few inches of snow maybe 2-3 times a year and the occasional gusts of wind.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Thanks for sharing your dream. I find it hard to believe that the earth would just grind to a halt. I still have my bet on "nothing will happen" for the 21st..but I am a very lousy gambler. We shall see!

I also am reluctant to share my dreams on ATS and have only done so twice now, I think. This will probably be the last one

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
The answer is this..... you read and believe too much of whats on ATS

I always love it when posters claim to know the OP inside and out based on a few paragraphs of something they wrote. You really don't know me at all if that is what you think. I come to ATS mostly for entertainment! not because I believe and drool over everything I read. I usually stay away from the dreams forum, the fragile earth, 2012 forum, and the blatant fear-mongering threads (which, this thread is NOT supposed to be. Sorry if it turned out that way.) I come to ATS to think, to entertain the possibilities, to gather the perspective of a larger group, to learn about conspiracy theorist culture, and to laugh.

You missed the mark by a lot.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

I would never reveal m dreams on an internet blog. Dreams are given to an individual personally and are not intended for anyone else.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by AFewGoodWomen
Everyone has to come to terms with death and their own mortality at one point or another in their lifetimes...but here's the difference right now...the entire world is coming to terms with death and their mortality at the same time...even if people don't want to admit it aloud...we are all tapped into this collective consciousness...and it's heavy right now.

Hmm, could be! I do believe that group think influences reality on a subtle level. As far as death, I have come to terms with mortality (see my posts elsewhere.) I agree, there are probably a lot of people truly afraid right now. I may just be picking up on some of those vibes.

As for me, it's easy to be unafraid when you have nothing left to lose. But I still live by "Don't worry, be happy."

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by thuja
I've also been having repetitive dreams about loss a gravity for a year or so. In my dreams it always starts with the sky filling with beautiful swirling lights that everyone goes outside to watch, and then there is a loud noise and a sudden loss of gravity.

Reading this post brought to mind another dream I had not too long ago. I remember being at the hockey rink and suiting up with the guys. And then we lost gravity! But it was more like a cyclone picked us up and shook us around a little bit. I tried to keep everyone calm. It only lasted a few minutes though.

Those were the only times I can remember dreaming about that. I fly and float a lot in my dreams, but that's inconsequential. Who wouldn't want to float and fly?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by gatorboi117
I have ALWAYS wanted to have dreams where I would fly, but I never could.

The past month, I've had numerous dreams where I just start "floating" like you described. It was scary and exhilarating.

Oh, it's a thrill
Although I have never tried any, maybe some lucid dreaming techniques could enhance the experience next time it happens?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

I have had two strange "water" dreams recently.

One took place at a shopping mall type environment, that was "flooded" by a huge wave of water. It had people panicking etc.

Many of the details seemed more akin to personal revelations, rather than a global prophesy type dream.

The most recent dream just a few days ago involved what I believed to be another huge "wave" of water incoming, but by the time it reached me it had become a mere trickle of water. I was easily able to increase my altitude by taking a few steps back and up a couple steps, and smiled as I watched this next "wave" come in.

To me, my water dreams represent my personal subconscious working its way through my conscious mind. At times (waking life) I'll have instances that feel like a "wave" of information passing through me. At first this was difficult for me to handle (sanity), but now the process has become much easier and almost enjoyable at times.

I also believe the collective consciousness/subconsciousness plays a role in individual dreams as well. At least on the "family" level.

Sadly for the past three nights I can't seem to remember anything from my dreams. Kinda strange for me.. I will have certain "revelations" and "epiphanies" but can't process them fully after waking. It becomes frustrating at times because in my dream I will know I can't take the information with me for some reason. I will stay in the between dreams stage for as long as I can milk it for.

Cool dream OP

Sorry I didn't have much to add. I enjoyed reading your thread though

edit on 17-12-2012 by SyntheticPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
The last time I had a weird dream was when the Planet-X, Nibiru threads were very much alive and kicking. Despite the fact that the threads drove me up the wall, and I never frequented them, the stain of them on my grumpy subconscious was enough to taint my dreams into an apocalyptic nightmare.

Logically I know there is no reason why anything bad should happen on Friday, but I still feel unsettled by it all, and I'm not really sure why.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ProperlyErrant

Goku! You can salute me but I never actually liked that show much. I just watched it because my friends liked it and I liked my friends

I remember when I was in elementary school I had a dream where I was on the playground and went all 'Goku' on everyone. I could float, fly at rapid speeds, do loops. I could shoot bursts of energy and write letters in the air. And I just urged all the kids on the playground, "Come on! You can do it too!"

Now that I think about it a little more. I have had dreams where I was trying to learn the 'floating' technique so I could do it in real life haha. "Okay, just remember this step and you can fly when you wake up."

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by 10JBernard

I thought it was impossible to read in dreams, as it requires two separate parts of the brain.. if so, sorry bud

Hmm, I never heard that before. Very interesting. Why exactly wouldn't one be able to read? It kind of reminds me of when I hear or see people ask, "Do you dream in color?" Apparently, a lot of people dream in sepia or black and white!

Which, I don't understand--I have always dreamed in color. We live life in color, why wouldn't we dream this way? Is it a generational thing where some people grew up with black and white TV and others with color?

As far as I am aware, I have had no limitations in a dream.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Odd that is the only dream that I cannot fly in... I always fly away from "bad guys" haha.. But nope my end of the world dreams always kill me, or are about to kill me, with little fear I accept it, like "ahh so this was what I waited for.. What a ride.."

I don't know, but my feeling psychic side doesn't sense anything coming..
edit on 12/17/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

First of all, I am a little dismayed that you never replied to my U2U that I sent about a week or two ago. Oh well, your choice, but I still thank you for participating in my threads.

I have noticed that I fly away from the bad guys as well! My scariest, and probably only recurring dream scenario, is when I am in the middle of open water..just floating out in the middle of the calm ocean with no view of land on any side. I don't like the feeling that something could be lurking below. I just say, "Oh, forget this!" and start floating out of the water and flying above the waves.

I don't even live near an ocean and have never seen one in my life. I do love swimming, but haven't done so since I was very young. I have only swam in natural bodies of water a handful of times.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
double post
edit on 17-12-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: double post

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Which, I don't understand--I have always dreamed in color. We live life in color, why wouldn't we dream this way? Is it a generational thing where some people grew up with black and white TV and others with color?

I remember an article in a magazine awhile ago that did studies on the above TV scenario. It turn out the numbers seemed to show TV was the influencing factor in "color" dreaming.

While on the black and white discussion, one of the recent dreams I mentioned above involved two beings, with a black and white checkerboard "skin". It was one of the epiphanies I couldn't process after waking. Made me mad

edit on 17-12-2012 by SyntheticPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

I would never reveal m dreams on an internet blog. Dreams are given to an individual personally and are not intended for anyone else.

I agree wholeheartedly with you about sharing here on ATS with strangers. However, I used to LOVE discussing dreams with my friends ages ago. That's pretty much all me and this one girl ever talked about. Here, I have only done so when I felt a strong urge to share it.

I will be adopting your policy once this thread bites the brick.

Interesting anecdote: I remember when I was studying the Cree Indians that it was believed that a woman's dreams (especially a pregnant woman, or a mother) could be divined to see future events (mostly related to the land, the climate, which animals to hunt and when etc.) So, in that egalitarian society a woman's dreams were held in very high esteem. In other words, it was her obligation to share important dreams for the good of the clan.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join