It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dec 21 hasn't rattled me one bit until I had this dream.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I just woke up literally minutes ago. I don’t recall having any other dreams except this one that seemed to last about 15 seconds in all. Dreams, sleep paralysis, and ‘astral’ whatevers and I have a long history together, but I’ma just skip all that right now because it’s only slightly important. However, that does NOT mean I am assigning any importance to this dream.

I wanted to post this just to add to the surmounting, albeit intangible-circumstantial, evidence accumulating right now (kind of like my thread on the Ace of Spades.) www.abovetopsecret.com...

The dream description (it’s very short): So, I was chatting with a very good friend of mine. (wow, my alarm clock just turned to 11:11; you’ll just have to trust me on that since I won’t be posting for another few minutes.)

So, I dreamed that I was sitting at my desk thumbing through a few comic books…just kinda organizing them a little bit. I did indeed buy a few new comic books today. And then I was chatting with a very good friend of mine. Yeah, it’s silly. Sometimes when I dream I am like...instant messaging friends instead of seeing them face to face haha. Guess that’s a sign I spend too much time online.

Anyhow, I realized I wasn’t at my desk anymore. I was in the middle of a busy intersection of my town. And I saw chunks of the road, nay, the earth’s crust just kind of extricate themselves from the ground and float around and swirl about. It wasn’t from a volcano eruption or an earthquake. It appeared that bits of the crust just kind of started flying out slowly—as if gravity just stopped working in that particular spot. I did see some reddish kind of stuff swirling around which appeared to be fiery magma or something.

I turned my attention back to my chat conversation and typed, “We’re f***ed. Bye.” I could see cars jam-packed bumper to bumper (did not see or notice any people.) I saw a few helicopters fly by. I didn’t panic, I wasn’t afraid, but just kind of had this feeling like “Wow, it really happened! Oh well, I guess I’ll be dying soon.”

Then to my surprise I started lifting off the earth’s surface as well. I just started floating up kind of slowly and watched the carnage below. I then thought to myself, “Wait, this isn’t normal.” And when I tried manipulating my floating body, attempting to have a lucid experience now that I realized I was dreaming, I opened my eyes and woke up very suddenly.

I think the strangest part of the dream was what I told my friend. It’s not really my style to use that kind of language. I can’t imagine myself ever really saying something like that. It’s just not how I express myself.

I’m pretty sure threads like these are the bane of ATS right now and I can sympathize. But please remember I am not sure that my attitudes and feelings toward this Dec 21 business have really changed. I’m not even sure I had a stance one way or the other. I am usually just an observer with very little invested on either side of the fence. Whatever reason, this dream left me a bit rattled.

Any thoughts?...you know, the non-rude type that actually contribute instead of something trite and derisive.

edit on 16-12-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

edit on 16-12-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: wow, did not mean to reply to my own thread, sorry

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Maybe you have subconscious fears that are lingering in the corners of your mind somewhere and your dream is just the fears bubbling out to the surface? Even if you don't buy into the doomsday theories that doesn't mean that the constant bombardment of fear mongering isn't effecting your your subconscious. If your brain has entertained any of the theories even a bit it could be trying to work them out in your dream state. Kind of like having a nightmare after watching a scary movie; your waking mind knows there is no monster but your subconscious entertains the idea anyway-ergo monster chasing you in a nightmare.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I've also had dreams relating to gravity giving way. Either do to an external force or somehow the earths own gravity field being disrupted. In one dream I remember thinking " So this is how they built the pyramids! Everything is so light."
edit on 12/16/2012 by Gumshoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

I'll have a go at explaining it.

Your sub-conscious IS worried about the 21st. You don't want to admit it to yourself, that is quite normal BTW. Accepting death is unusual, most people can't do that, it seems you can. Floating above is the desire to take control of the difference between your sub-conscious and conscious thought processes.

Best I can do!

P

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Whilst walking up the road yesterday i noticed a car with reg 'S999 WED'.

In terms on numerology, 999 is serious closure or a ending will be happening.

S is the 19th letter of the alphabet and this WEDnesday is the 19th Dec so i might be gone on that day - permanently.

If so, then farewell and good luck guys.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358

Your sub-conscious IS worried about the 21st. You don't want to admit it to yourself

Oh, I didn't mean to imply that this dream was prophetic in any way. I have had the occasional dream that seemed to come true--and it appeared prophetic after the fact. But I certainly don't probe my dreams trying to find a connection to waking reality.

I really don't think I'm worried though. You, yourself admitted I was calm in the face of death. Near-death and I are old companions. I had a 3 year bout with cancer that came very close on more than one occasion. I have been through sufficient pain and anguish--I am not fearless, but I am on some pretty firm footing when it comes to disasters and panic scenarios. I was even used as a hostage in an armed robbery once! And I just kind of felt like, "Whatever, let's get this over with." My subconscious never really flared up after that either (but doesn't preclude it as an explanation to this dream.)

I said I was rattled (surprised), but not scared. I think what hit me most in the dream was the fact that I had to say goodbye to my friend..and when I started floating away I was kind of saddened that others were still down there. I didn't like saying goodbye to my friend not knowing his fate; or the fate of all the others for that matter.

But heck, if my subconscious wants to have a go at it, that's fine. I can accept that.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

sounds like the fema ad without the magma and such,,,mabe subconcious dreaming of the FEMA ad

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by eyeinoz

Could you post this FEMA ad for us please? I am not familiar with it.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Star and flag for you buddy. Attached to your other experiences in life, I'd say this is very interesting. Dreams have a lot of symbolism behind them, and can be very difficult to decipher.
You could very well have experienced a "possible-alternate-future". Or this could simply (and more plausibly) be your brain processing the dreaded date December 21.

Either way, I just had to share this with ya:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

"An error has occurred. Please try again later." Anybody else getting that? Otherwise youtube is working fine for me. Okay, I tried it again and it worked. Very EERIE! The way it was all in slow motion and everything..spot on. Thanks for posting.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyeinoz

sounds like the fema ad without the magma and such,,,mabe subconcious dreaming of the FEMA ad

That was kinda freaky...

A family floating around in the house with a prep bag?!
What good would a prep bag do in a situation like that any way???

Maybe that's the real reason behind the underground bunkers for the rich.....
Just saying......

Maybe the worst that will happen will be the internet will have such an overload of people surfing the web trying to find out about catastrophes worldwide and such, that the internet crashes.
Yep...that's it.
Nothing to fear folks, move along......

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
This reminds me of a very lucid type of dream happening i once had.It was like i woke up in some one's backyard,barefoot on clammy grass,in front of a vibacrete wall typically seen in residential neighbourhoods in my country.Then i somehow knew to start "climbing" into the air,like steps,and i was floating over this sleeping neighbourhood,and a while later,i landed on a certain street.There was an orange firey glow in the clouds,as of large thrusters,typical "fire in the sky" stuff,you know.I lifted up both arms towards it,and tried to lift off again,but i couldnt.I got the feeling,thats not for you,right now at this time.I remember up to that.I do think that even,if like me,you dont have fear of the world ending,etc..our minds are so super-saturated by now,with all the speculation,hype and theories surrounding the end of this year,it may be why a lot of folks are having dreams that feature an ending or really monumental happenings,usually not positive.People also in general tend to see endings as sad,dangerous,negative,etc.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Thats weird i too had a strange dream last night, it wasnt like yours, basically to get to the jist of it my town was hit by a huge tsunami and everyone was holding on to what they could for dear life, this kind of dream is unusual for me as i can never normally remeber my dreams

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
To dream that you are floating indicates acceptance of some situation.
Since you say you haven't been concerned about the 12-21-12 date, maybe all the other things that happened in the dream was what your subconscious sees as something that could happen on that date, and the floating is "your acceptance" of it. Saying goodbye to your friend could be a subconscious "memory" conversation that you had earlier.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Its ok to dream and its ok for the mind to entertain thoughts like that. Truth be told...nothing is gonna happen, if anything, man is gonna cause much grief because they think there is no hope.

other than that. earth will continue to spin and orbit the sun ( which is also called Nibiru by the way).

so lets keep our sanity in check and still try to fulfill our hopes and dreams that actually benefit all

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by upgrader

This 'felt' unusual to me in several ways as well. I don't have lucid dreams very often, only a handful here and there. I also don't have disaster dreams very much either. I can only think of 2-3 other disaster-like dreams I've ever had. (I won't go into too much detail but there was one about lasting darkness that really had me rattled for days.) That one felt more like a 'dream-movie' though.

This one felt more vivid, more lifelike. This one did feel a lot more like a lucid dream or possible OOBE (I won't expound on my theories,) but with this one I seemed to "jump" through the third eye when I started floating. I'm not sure I can really explain what I mean by that. Whenever I have had an OOBE/ astral experience I kind of "jump" through the third eye on my forehead. Yeah sounds silly, and it is difficult to explain.

But I experienced this 'jumping' through as I started floating upward. And then my vision in the dream quickly got replaced by the view of my ceiling as I woke up.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Im guessing here. As you know we have certain beliefs and ideas which in a sense is the foundation of our life. The thing which holds the foundation in place is due to the force of gravity. If we take it that the Dream has a form of symbolic meaning then we should draw out two obvious things, that the ground is breaking up and the force of gravity is no longer holding it or you the ground. There is some aspect of your life, where the foundation is crumbling. The question is what could this be?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Thanks for sharing, Sled. I'm always glad to get your perspective on things. I am going to find out if my friend had any unusual dreams as well. He and I have had very uncanny 'shared' dreams in the past. We don't get to talk much these days.

In the dream, it didn't feel like "Bye" meant he was going to be left down below. I typed that with a sense of urgency like, "This is all I have time to say to you."

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Oh, I've been crumbling for years
Very interesting addition--thanks for the insight. I guess my attitude toward life is one of discontent and disconnect. I am very spiritual and believe in God. I have spent the last 10 years of my life meditating and digging deep within--soul searching.

And all I've really discovered is that I'm pretty bored here. I have no friends (*) and no supporting family etc. My career got derailed at the beginning of the year. I enjoy the simple things in life and am usually very mellow. I can turn anything into entertainment for myself. I try to put a positive spin on everything.

I just don't like this feeling of stagnation. My goals in life have changed dramatically this year. I guess that's the foundation that is crumbling for me.

(*) Guess I need to clarify since I mentioned a friend in the OP. What I mean is, that I don't really have anybody to lean on. I have friends to go to the movie theater with at times. Superficial stuff. I don't really have friends I can have a discussion with or anything like that. Hope that makes sense.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join