It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is not banning guns and that is that.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merlin Lawndart
There's a gun show rolling through here on the 27th. Me and a whole bunch of friends are all going and buying guns.

One here this next weekend. It's always pretty crowded, and I can't imagine what its' going to be like now. I plan on going. I have a feeling it will be my last chance to by what I want... i'm betting that whatever bill or executive order that's about to come down was writen before this most recent tragedy, waiting for the righ time.

I wonder how long before gun shows start getting protesters.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
reply to post by Merlin Lawndart

don't buy from gun dealers, buy from individuals.
leave no paper trail.

Only if you plan to use your gun for something illegal. Otherwise what do you have to hide about? Trouble with people in this country...no gun, no guts.

well first guns they will come for if they have a gun ban are the ones that are registered. second if they come for them they will come in force, and you will more than likely wind up like randy weaver's family. i don't care how brave you are or how good a shot you are you can't stand against 20 plus and come out on top.

the only way you can is if you have a group, i hate to use these folks as a example, but like the branch davidians when the atf came the first time, and they handed them their asses. but even that didn't turn out good for them, now did it.
edit on 16-12-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
It's sad when more people care about a Metal Object than the other ""Constitutional Rights"" American's allegedly have,

When more people will fight for Guns than Freedom of Religion and Speech, and the Equal Rights of all Men and Women, those in power truly have won, America remains divided and blindly following

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
reply to post by Merlin Lawndart

don't buy from gun dealers, buy from individuals.
leave no paper trail.

Only if you plan to use your gun for something illegal. Otherwise what do you have to hide about? Trouble with people in this country...no gun, no guts.

Ahhh.... The old "If you're doing nothing wrong, you have nothing to worry about" argument, eh? Well, I'll tell ya what. My state and the surrounding states (except for that nation they call Illinois to the East) don't even have Firearm ownership registries. No one knows who owns what and classified ad sites online exist to buy and sell guns like a big armed Craigslist. This would probably be a bad time to advertise those sites as it would bring all the wrong kinds of attention just this moment but freedom hasn't been outlawed here yet.

However, I mention this to highlight how there isn't crime on every street corner and a gun behind it. There are a few thousand CCW holders in the county so any good size crowd in public is likely to have at least one man or woman (There were 4 females out of 16 people in my CCW class) carrying a weapon. I consider that a very positive thing.

I mean criminals know they have a very low chance of survival ...not just getting away..but LIVING...if they do something real stupid in a fair size crowd here. It may have something to do with why we rarely have stupid things happen in large public areas. Someone might shoot them...who had nothing originally to do with it.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Strict gun control is coming. I don't think outright bans are in the future nor do I support that, but very very strict control and regulation is needed and is on the horizon.

I'm sorry, you can't stop it...it has been put into motion because more and more people are seeing how a gun can transform one crazy person from a danger to himself into a danger to many many other innocent lives.

Pro gun people, you have had your time...and the experiment of guns being easy to get has failed and there are 20 kids lying dead as proof as that.

No matter how many of you complain about it, you can't stop it, enough people have now seen the outright stupidity of allowing our society such easy access to guns.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

We've had our time?

What about the assault weapons ban? Didn't the Clinton era ban take effect 4 years before Columbine? Oh it did? Ooops..Looks like that didn't work.

What about the 30 year gun ban in Chicago? Chicago is the mecca of law abiding citizens isn't it? No? It's has the worst armed gang crime in the whole country? No.....Say it ain't so!

I think you gun grabbers have more than had your time. There is example after example after example of your failed attempts to control human statistical aberrations with the control of inanimate objects. It hasn't worked. And it hasn't worked because guns aren't the problem and you people are too intellectually lazy to see that.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Like I said, it is coming, you can't stop it.

I was very angry yesterday about the shooting in CT. I was angry at all the people trying to defend their precious little guns. But after seeing the response nationwide, people have had enough with pro-gun lovers. Enough is enough. I see more and more people coming out and saying it. So I am no longer as angry because I don't think people are going to just sit back and watch any more children die because of ease of access to guns.

We have to, and will, drastically reduce the number of guns in this country. I'm sorry if you don't agree, but you really have no power to stop it.
edit on 16-12-2012 by xedocodex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

You do not have the right to take my rights no matter what majority you think you have.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

reply to post by Helious

Who said America is banning guns? I haven't heard it anywhere. I HAVE heard many people calling for gun control and that will come to pass but no one wants to ban guns. People want to make it just a little bit more difficult for crazy people to get their hands on them, which I am sure everyone will agree needs to be done.

Many people calling for gun control. That small sentence pretty much says it all. In a large number of states we already have gun control on the level of needing federal finger print identification, a complete and total background check and then a hearing on why you feel you need to be able to carry a firearm. THAT IS GUN CONTROL.

A crazy masochist who is hell bent on killing people does not need to go through any of those procedures, all they need do is have 300.00 US dollars and they can purchase there killing weapon of choice, nevermind the laws. This is what people need to realize. Tightening security on legitimate gun purchases is not going to do a damn thing to keep guns out of the hands of lunatics, the only thing it does is decrease the number of people who could stop those lunatics before they did any real harm.

Most insane, derange and violent people don't apply for there state license to own firearms, just fyi........

Not exactly true. 40% of guns are purchased from gun shows. No waiting.

What we have now is not gun control - far from it. That's all we need however is gun control and to return to the assault weapons ban. I am still going to keep my 45. We are all still going deer hunting. It seems to be the people who are illegally in possession of firearms either not registered or whatever reason who have a big problem with enforcing the rules of law and control we already have.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

You do not have the right to take my rights no matter what majority you think you have.

Obama over the next four years will appoint at least one (probably two) SCOTUS judge...gun control will be a key decision factor for the selection.

Hillary will be President 8 years after that and will get one maybe two SCOTUS judges.

It won't be me taking away your guns, it will be the SCOTUS. You can have your guns while you are in your well regulated militia (the National Guard).

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

You are talking about Wako? I think the likely hood of that happening is slim.
I think out of respect for these dead...oh never mind. You do what you got to do.

Same here.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

You want to see what counts as an "Assault" weapon under the AWB?

The characteristics of this .22 caliber rifle would be considered an assault weapon.

Never mind that not only is it not an assault weapon of any sort, what politicians and gun grabbers call assault weapons ARE NOT ASSAULT WEAPONS.

They are semi-automatic rifles with no sear, no fully automatic function.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

I'm in the United States effing Army.

Most of us are Second Amendment supporters.

And the founding fathers themselves completely disagree with the characterization and interpretation you ascribe to the second Amendment.

It is obvious you want the government to have all the guns. Good luck with that.

SCOTUS has no more right to take my weapons than you do.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

No...it was the no gun - no guts argument.

People who "require" guns are often small in stature, they have no fighting skills or confidence. They readily admit they are weaker than many others they may encounter for whatever reason, which is why they carry the gun - to give them an edge....many times it is simply weaker in firepower.

Why not teach people different ways to solve differences that shooting each other or threatening with a gun? Why not change the culture? Guns are for lonely open country and the wilderness. They are for cops and hunting and people who want to target practice for fun. When guns are used to threaten others somebody usually gets killed. These shooters always kill themselves because they can't face what they have done.
I can't think of a truer definition of coward. Their own gun gives them an easy out without having to face the consequences of their crime. It is infuriating and doesn't have to be that way.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Terri Schiavo
Capitol Hill got all worked up and had the case before the supreme court in record time.
If I remember right the court didn't hear arguments - but still - that case is a shining example of how fast things can make the circuit inside the Beltway.
Of course on this issue, I'm not sure any of the sponsors would want to see it being setup for judicial review upon passing..

ganjoa

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Who said America is banning guns? I haven't heard it anywhere. I HAVE heard many people calling for gun control and that will come to pass but no one wants to ban guns. People want to make it just a little bit more difficult for crazy people to get their hands on them, which I am sure everyone will agree needs to be done.

On the face of it, I can support that. The common thread in these shootings isn't the weapon used. its the mental disorders driving them to commit these acts. We do need to find better ways to restrict access to firearms for crazy people. I think one quick change would be to treat those households the same as a household with a convicted felon. If there's someone in the home with a potentially dangerous mental illness, there can be no firearms in that home, period. Any other member of the household would have to store them offsite.

A new AWB? It might make the anti-gun people feel better, that's about it. That's just a band-aid that won't stop anything from happening. The first time someone went nuts with a pump shotgun and a couple of revolvers, they'd want those banned, too. No, banning a class of weapons isn't the answer, because its not effective and we know where the end goal lies for those pushing it. Thankfully, I don't see that happening in the current political environment.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by vor78

On the face of it, I can support that. The common thread in these shootings isn't the weapon used. its the mental disorders driving them to commit these acts. We do need to find better ways to restrict access to firearms for crazy people. I think one quick change would be to treat those households the same as a household with a convicted felon. If there's someone in the home with a potentially dangerous mental illness, there can be no firearms in that home, period. Any other member of the household would have to store them offsite.

A new AWB? It might make the anti-gun people feel better, that's about it. That's just a band-aid that won't stop anything from happening. The first time someone went nuts with a pump shotgun and a couple of revolvers, they'd want those banned, too. No, banning a class of weapons isn't the answer, because its not effective and we know where the end goal lies for those pushing it. Thankfully, I don't see that happening in the current political environment.

Pretty reasonable but because

The first time someone went nuts with a pump shotgun and a couple of revolvers, they'd want those banned, too

Well I don't think they would and that is not good enough reason, not to enact an new AWB.
When you follow automatic weapons you are going to find crime and for that reason alone we should keep strict tabs on them.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
There must be full implementation of marital law to control the potential riots and control over citizens that will be desperate to feed their families.
The attacks of recent on the 2nd Amendment play a significant role in attempting to remove the possibility of civilian retaliation against the US military’s presence throughout the nation.

However, if they cannot remove the guns from our hands in time, they will continue on with the guidelines set out in Rex 84 with directives to kill any dissenters that refuse to obey.

theintelhub.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

People who "require" guns are often small in stature, they have no fighting skills or confidence. They readily admit they are weaker than many others they may encounter for whatever reason, which is why they carry the gun - to give them an edge....many times it is simply weaker in firepower.

This is true enough. My wife for instance, suffers a number of Diabetic complications and would have all the chance in a physical confrontation of a child vs. a pro wrestler and that situation holds about true if she were facing a child herself. It's bad from her perspective so count her among those that carries a gun daily to be an equalizer. Whats wrong with that? If she encounters someone looking to rape her......that is the ONLY thing she has to prevent that from being done to her. She couldn't mount any physical resistance worth the term to use.

Why not teach people different ways to solve differences that shooting each other or threatening with a gun? Why not change the culture? Guns are for lonely open country and the wilderness.

How do you figure guns are for rural areas? In terms of defense? The cities are where rape, murder and various levels of violent crime happen every day, non stop across our nation. I'd say urban areas need legal and responsible weapons ownership as much as any rural resident needs it for wildlife or hunting.

In addition, many big shooting leagues for competitive shooting (That's a growing national sport with broad participation) are based in cities and not rural areas.

They are for cops and hunting and people who want to target practice for fun. When guns are used to threaten others somebody usually gets killed. These shooters always kill themselves because they can't face what they have done.

Unfortunately you're right. They do end up killing themselves...after they've literally run out of victims to murder or literally gotten tired or despondant about what they've done. What's unfortunate is that a legal gun owner wasn't around to kill them much sooner and remove that last option for their control....BEFORE so many have to die by the shooter's hand.

I can't think of a truer definition of coward. Their own gun gives them an easy out without having to face the consequences of their crime. It is infuriating and doesn't have to be that way.

I'll agree with the cowardice of mass shooters. Absolutely. Columbine High School had 99 improvised explosive devices located either armed and planted at the school in advance, in their cars or at their homes in various states of assembly. Guns weren't even the intended tool for most damage at that one and I don't think they even intended to do as much as they personally did. Cowardice.... Indeed... That is a unifying trait among criminals and personally, why being unarmed is a foolish thing.

Criminals respect and avoid strength.....they seek out and prey on weakness.
edit on 16-12-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

I wish I could agree, but as soon as it was proven that those weapons are just as dangerous as a semi-auto, they'd be clamoring for a ban on those as well. Don't kid yourself...many of these people have an agenda past a semi-auto ban. That's reason I'm against it; once the precedent is set, they won't ever stop pushing for more and 50 years after a semi-auto ban, people will be lucky if they can own a musket.

And BTW, concerning a point you made to another poster about guns being for lonely open country. I don't necessarily disagree with that. I think it should be a states' rights issue. The problem is the DC wants to cram it down everyone's throat when its not necessary or even wanted throughout much of the country. If they'd leave us the F alone this issue wouldn't be so divisive. I'd be more than happy to support a full gun ban in DC or Massachusetts or California, assuming that's what the people there want, if they weren't trying to extend it to those of us in flyover country that they otherwise barely acknowledge exist except when they're trying to bend us over.
edit on 16-12-2012 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join