It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is not banning guns and that is that.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TripleDoubleSingle
reply to post by Computron

oh my days you stubborn toddler..
Your going to re spawn on a game.. In real life tho.. your going to have a hard time running around slitting peoples throat without anyone noticing and without you getting shot or taken down and arrested.

a guns more effective for a lunatic..and yes your right probably a bomb.. if they new how to make one.. guess its just easier to grab a gun and shoot rounds and rounds into crowded areas.... end of story

edit on 17-12-2012 by TripleDoubleSingle because: (no reason given)

No Im not a stubborn toddler, but I am a person who knows not to blame the gun, but the person behind it. You seem to act like taking away the gun is going to cure all the future deaths. The only thing it will change is that people will have to get creative with how they plan to kill now. End of story.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiraCity

Glad you enjoy your hobby..
And must take some strong '___'.. Ive never seen guns grow legs..

I'm talking about the fact that guns are on your streets.. and not the ones in your firearms facilities.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78

Originally posted by Computron
Considering I live basically by a national forrest in fl, Im talking A large variety of deadly snakes, large wild cats, bears, and alligators.

The most dangerous of all is a pack of feral dogs. Growing up out in the Middle-of-Nowhere, USA I've had the misfortune of learning that one first hand, though thankfully, without injury. Most everything else will run from you unless you corner them. Dogs? Not so much. They'll come after you.

At this stage of life, I know better than to walk the woods or out on the farm without a weapon.

I know right!!!!! People who've grown up in city's and such places are really out of touch on what dangers people in those types of communties deal with. Heck I can walk outside and take a step off my front porch and accidentally get bit by a deadly snake. BAN VENOMUS REPTILES! THEY ARE DANGEROUS AND KILL!!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Yeah I camp a ton in very remote locations. Mountain lions and bears are pretty common, I always carry when I camp. I've been woken up by bears three times, fortunately I have never had to shoot the beautiful animals, a gunshot at the ground is enough to scare most animals away. A mountain lion could get ugly quickly tho.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Its more than just that. Its a total disconnect with rural America and a complete lack of respect for our values and attitudes on subjects such as this one.

I think the one thing both sides need to realize is that a one-size-fits-all solution doesn't serve anyone. This needs to be a state's right issue. I don't care if Massachusetts bans guns, if that's what their people want. Good for them. Likewise, respect and accept our decision to allow them.

Mutual respect and self-determination of our laws and way of life is too much to ask these days, unfortunately.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

You can prevent the problem by not having the gun around in the first place ( I mean in homes not fire ranges etc)... that way the gun wont fall under nut job hands...... is that not obvious.. Ive been repeating myself on here over and over

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
So I guess we just punch a bear to stop them from attacking in the country? Brilliant!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiraCity

I referred Call Of Duty for the the other gun guy on here.. because i thought it would help him understand... but your a plank as well..............................

if you want to punch a bear.. go ahead..

man you seem like a tool. jock kind of c u next tuesday!!!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

You can prevent the problem by not having the gun around in the first place ( I mean in homes not fire ranges etc)... that way the gun wont fall under nut job hands...... is that not obvious.. Ive been repeating myself on here over and over

You are very very very very very very very very very very wrong with that. You really think the nut jobs wont get the guns if they are banned? LMAO! Look at the illegal drug trade. I dont have to mention them all, but people still have regular access to them. Yet they are banned, so please oh please tell me how it will stop the crazies from getting the guns if they want them. Go ahead Im waiting. BTW, when I read that responce you put I actually looked just like my avatar out of disbelief on what I just read lol
edit on 17-12-2012 by Computron because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TripleDoubleSingle

My response was sarcasm, not to mention the fact that if we didn't have guns, we could not protect our loved ones from criminals with guns

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

the school shootings that have happened in your country.. Kids/teens usually supply themselves from mom and dad..? but yeah.. in gangs your right.. it would be hard to stop.

you guys have done well to shun out and try your hardest to make me feel like i'm wrong tonight.. but I'm only trying to help, shed light, bring a different angle and share my opinion.. never mind.. sums YALLL up..

Night from the sane side.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

the school shootings that have happened in your country.. Kids/teens usually supply themselves from mom and dad..? but yeah.. in gangs your right.. it would be hard to stop.

you guys have done well to shun out and try your hardest to make me feel like i'm wrong tonight.. but I'm only trying to help, shed light, bring a different angle and share my opinion.. never mind.. sums YALLL up..

Thats where they say the guns come from, but who actually knows? And no just stating my opinion, from experience, and where I live. Trust me, if you grew up where Im from you would understand my point Im trying to make. Though you're not, so I cant get mad and must accept your personal beliefs.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Your last sentence is the problem. You're not sharing an opinion. You're declaring yourself right and accusing anyone who disagrees of being nuts.

That's not going to win you any converts from the other side of the debate, that's for sure.
edit on 17-12-2012 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Trust me, if you grew up where Im from you would understand

That's the problem right there.

You don't know any different.

I interested to know how much travelling you have done?

Do you take your guns away to foreign destinations?

No, no you don't because a: you know why, b: you have never ventured out of your country and you wouldn't understand that there is not really a need for guns anywhere else on this planet.

Sure we all have nasty creature prowling around, but I don't need a gun for it (i.e. kill it) because that's what your aluding to isn't it, killing something. Your not really going to hit anyting with a gun, your not really going to rub the gun on whatever your trying to get rid of are you?

Guns are for killing mate, full stop. No other purpose.

If your going down the range you are practicing killing something, lets not kid ourselves here.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno

Trust me, if you grew up where Im from you would understand

That's the problem right there.

You don't know any different.

I interested to know how much travelling you have done?

Do you take your guns away to foreign destinations?

No, no you don't because a: you know why, b: you have never ventured out of your country and you wouldn't understand that there is not really a need for guns anywhere else on this planet.

Sure we all have nasty creature prowling around, but I don't need a gun for it (i.e. kill it) because that's what your aluding to isn't it, killing something. Your not really going to hit anyting with a gun, your not really going to rub the gun on whatever your trying to get rid of are you?

Guns are for killing mate, full stop. No other purpose.

If your going down the range you are practicing killing something, lets not kid ourselves here.

I dont know any different? Please save it. I have my own personal opinion on things as do you. Sorry I dont have the money to travel around the world other wise I would. So lack of personal travel doesnt mean Im closed minded, and dont know the world I live in. You are looking at guns for the evil purpose of killing.Which that isnt the only reason they are made, though you still try to push that single agenda. Do I only go kill things every day? No, I actually dont. I enjoy the thrill of shooting. Not the thrill of killing. There is a big difference. So in conclusion please just be quiet with the whole, "Im an ignorant american, redneck who only lives to kill." Its quite obvious what you're doing. Another thing, you're the one to talk about how I dont know any better, when you're trying to slander me, and you probably dont know a thing, about living in the south. Talk about hypocrisy.
edit on 17-12-2012 by Computron because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Q: What killed 20 Children and 7 adults in that school the other day?

Select answer from below:

a: A tree
b: A Knife
c: Bullets fired from automatic weapon, close range, multipul shots.

If you want to protect yourself from Snakes, Reptiles, Bears. First of all, Man-up then perhaps fire with a single shot reloadable pistol?

No need for AK-47, M-16, TAC-9, HK ETC ETC In the hands of the average man on the street. You a member of public not a one man malitia?

Deep down I know you know are wrong. Your just making # up to form what you believe is a warranted argument against my hate for guns.

Sure, give the police guns, give the military guns. But guns lying around the houses of Joe blow America? Nah.

I have been lucky to see the world, it's part of my Job, but you my friend, through no fault of your own havent. And I'm affraid you are therefore not entitled to an opinion to judge me or others if you have not seen it from our eyes. I have, and I think you are all still loonies wandering around with guns.

Give it up.

I'll think of you when your president makes the change.

I hope it's a tough one.

Just remember, I'll be smiling. You might want to look me up when it happens, I'll be free for a chat.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

And I'm affraid you are therefore not entitled to an opinion to judge me or others if you have not seen it from our eyes..

That right there sums up all of what you said so nicely. You have not seen it from MY eyes, so you dont understand MY culture. You can also quit with the whole kids thing, I know what happened. I know what caused it. I have a thing called memory, I dont need you helping me out. I'd also think since you've been around the world, you'd learn people have different opinions on things. Im pro gun, and dont think Im wrong at all with the things Ive said. It wasnt like I was advocating more guns to the public now did I? No, I simply stated my personal reasons for being pro gun. I understand you're anti gun, and think Im crazy. You have your reasons, I have mine.

Also let me add to that little "man up use single shot pistol" comment, keep in mind this is why people like to have guns around here. Never know when ya gonna need one.
www.wjhg.com...

edit on 18-12-2012 by Computron because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-12-2012 by Computron because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
This entire idea of banning guns is ridiculous! If some insane person murders kids with a knife, are we going to ban knives too? What's going to stop an insane person from using another method of killing? Think people.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

I'll think of you when your president makes the change.

I hope it's a tough one.

Just remember, I'll be smiling. You might want to look me up when it happens, I'll be free for a chat.

Good for you. But I don't want to hear you bitching the next time the government decides to restrict a right that you actually do care about. Its people like you that let it happen.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by vor78

Its more than just that. Its a total disconnect with rural America and a complete lack of respect for our values and attitudes on subjects such as this one.

I think the one thing both sides need to realize is that a one-size-fits-all solution doesn't serve anyone. This needs to be a state's right issue. I don't care if Massachusetts bans guns, if that's what their people want. Good for them. Likewise, respect and accept our decision to allow them.

Mutual respect and self-determination of our laws and way of life is too much to ask these days, unfortunately.

Isn't the problem with that that you can drive as easily and unrestricted from state to state as we can from county to county ? Your national situation then is at the mercy of the laxest state ?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join