It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can I Ask ATS Members to Commit to a Random Act of Kindness?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I paid the toll for the person behind me today.

(I'll do this everyday until the new year)
edit on 16-12-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lonewulph

Sneaky...But nice!

Peace

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lonewulph

That's a fun one to do....
Once I paid this ladies bridge toll behind me, and it was soo cute having her kids wave at me, and the smile on the thier faces...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Great thread

I've been in a grump all day and this has brought me out of it.

I do things now and then like passing on my parking ticket if there's still time on it, putting my spare change in the pots and the like. Even just talking to random people in a queue and cracking a joke.
I'm going to do more now though.

eta: After going through the posted lists in depth, I noticed a few that i've done and still do and I bet most if not all of you guys have done too.

I think a lot of the nice things we have done/do have been carried out subconsciously. If you are genuinely a nice person then you have probably commited a random act of kindness without even knowing it.

I'm not very good a saying what I thinks, I usually widdle what I sees so I hope people can make some sense out of my edit..

edit on 16/12/2012 by SilentE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Great thread,jude!

My daily list of things I do.......
Hold the elevator for someone
Hold the door open for someone.
Greet everyone I see walking down the street or hallway with a smile and a "hi,how are you doing","good morning" and so on.
Let someone out or in ,in traffic.
Once a week or more.
When I get some lunch,I buy extra and give it to one of the many homeless I see everyday.
Cook up extra chili,soup or whatever and give some to some of my elderly neighbors.
Occasionally when in the drive thru,I will pay for the persons behind me food order.

I figure it's good karma.

edit on 16-12-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
A great thread!

For most of my life I have practiced this 'random act of kindness'. From a smile to dropping currency on the sidewalk where a passerby will find it. I do it just because and although it sometimes does cause me some loss sometimes, the gains of others is worth every bit of loss as I know whatever the gesture has brightened the day of another. Who knows, that smile and good wish may have prevented someone from spreading 'ill will' or given them a better outlook on life, if just for a short while.

We have all felt the discomfort of our own despair and sorrow. When we need others most, this society, this world can step on us and make our suffering even more harsh. It truly is up to each and every person to share what little we can amongst our fellows, making every attempt to 'make the world a better place'.

I do these things randomly, from time to time and hope that it is passed on by those who receive it.If not, have I failed in making the word a better place, or have I brought joy, peace or something else into the life of another?

I (we) can only hope so.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I believe that many members of ATS...do random acts of kindness...on a usual basis...it is their normal.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
S&F OP

Reminds me of this video

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MagicWand67

Excellent video.
What goes around,comes around.
Goodness,kindness is something that you would like to come back to you.

edit on 16-12-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Let me tell you about my lovely daughter...

She has a regular 'posse' of elderly who she helps out with shopping Dr's

and hospital appointments, visiting distant relatives that are in care homes. Often a

meal to her next door neighbour etc.

The other morning after dropping her daughter off at school the roads and pavements

being frosty and icy slowing the traffic down she noticed an elderly lady gingerly

picking her way over the pavements, she pulled over and asked her where she was going

and could she give her a lift. It was only about 1/2 a mile, but in that time she was so

grateful, because no one had ever shown her such kindness, and she couldn't wait

to get back home and tell her neighbour of her good fortune. When my daughter

got her to her destination she gave my daughter a hug and a kiss and told her she

was SO lovely and one day her kindness would be 'repaid in full'

My daughter continued a mundane day on a 'high'

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by eletheia

and hospital appointments, visiting distant relatives that are in care homes. Often a

The other morning after dropping her daughter off at school the roads and pavements

being frosty and icy slowing the traffic down she noticed an elderly lady gingerly

picking her way over the pavements, she pulled over and asked her where she was going

and could she give her a lift. It was only about 1/2 a mile, but in that time she was so

grateful, because no one had ever shown her such kindness, and she couldn't wait

got her to her destination she gave my daughter a hug and a kiss and told her she

What a great story!
Thank you for sharing that.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I already posted a reply and stated 'what I do randomly, but must say, this is exactly the kind of people and neighborhood I've always thought was a dream,

The more I see happening here on ATS, the more hope I have for us as a human race!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by eletheia

I can see that you're a proud parent.

And you should be.

Peace

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
After reading all the great suggestions posted here about how to make other people's days, my "smile" comment just sounds lame

I'm going to up my effort to do good tomorrow. Thanks OP

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

Don't feel bad.

At the moment, my current financial situation being the way it is.

A smile is just about all I have to offer.

Remember, it's the thought that counts.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagicWand67
reply to post by Mrgone

Don't feel bad.

At the moment, my current financial situation being the way it is.

A smile is just about all I have to offer.

Remember, it's the thought that counts.

I really wish they did count. I'd make a ton of people rich if that were true.

Right now though, I'd settle for a smile too

Cheers

top topics

<< 1   >>

join