It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heart Warming: Pakistani children light candles for CT. victims

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

"Religion is used to divide and conquer"

incorrect. fear of the unknown is used to divide and conquer, religion has just been used as a tool.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
That is pretty heartwarming man, thank you for this picture. We all bleed.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

Made me tear up. Yes we are all one. As to the bereaved, I can't even phantom how they are going to deal with their pain.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I think it was staged also, even the candles look too evenly lit. I also think the message is clear. We care as much about you as you care about us.

But staged or not, it was a grim reminder as to just how much this war has cost those living the nighmare of it.

I think my sinces have been dulled by the barage of deaths in the middle east that we read about. After all its them not us.Its there not here. I had forgotten to mourn their children. I am sad to say, that the deep sadness I feel over this school shooting, made all their pain so much more real to me.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azdraik
So how many people believe these children took the time to write that message and light those candles?

Honestly tired of seeing these photo ops and having people get "touched" by them.
If you ask me they are nothing more then staged pictures to make people feel warm and fuzzy.
edit on 12/16/2012 by Azdraik because: (no reason given)

yup. nice heart warming picture.. with kids that seem to be more fascinated by the candles than the message

oh well. i'd believe it if it was a massive crowd of people, not just a few kids in a corner with some candles

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
While American drones are blowing them to bits...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azdraik
So how many people believe these children took the time to write that message and light those candles?

Honestly tired of seeing these photo ops and having people get "touched" by them.
If you ask me they are nothing more then staged pictures to make people feel warm and fuzzy.
edit on 12/16/2012 by Azdraik because: (no reason given)

Why does it matter if the kids wrote it or not? whoever organized it has a good heart, and he/she has taught the children a valuable lesson about compassion.

Oh wait that's right, people aren't supposed to feel warm and fuzzy in this world anymore, carry on.

edit on 16-12-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
double post.
edit on 16-12-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
would like to see a verified source though,

regardless if it is staged or not, it could be considered staged because it was photographed for everyone to see, as long as it was not shopped.

peace.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Azdraik

And what would be the agenda.....to show that there is humanity even in 3rd world countries....or to show that people actually give a S*&%t in other places other than America, or is it a trick to have us believe that these evil brown children are actually human....just curious what is your point.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Wonderful and heartwarming.

Can you provide a link the the original source?

I wanted to post this somewhere else, but I need to link it to the original source, unless you are the photographer?

Thanks.

edit on 16-12-2012 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
The next time someone criticize mohammed or Islam they will be back to burning american flags and saying death to america.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I found this very Heart Warming, great find thread op
do you know the source of the news link?
edit on 16-12-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l

Religion is used to divide and conquer. Human kind is our only true common factor. We'd do well to remember that we are all equal human beings.

tell that to the chosen people of God and their promised land

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie

Religion is used to divide and conquer. Human kind is our only true common factor. We'd do well to remember that we are all equal human beings.

Here we go with the jewish bashing

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by knightrider078

Originally posted by RizeorDie

Here we go with the jewish bashing

Zionist*

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
OH COME ON PEOPLE...WAKE UP!

There is NO WAY those kids in Pakistan know anything about the deaths in CT. Seriously, to me this is the US news reporters or whatever doing its work in Pakistan. A propaganda to make the people in the middle east look peaceful so we can go there to protect them with our military.

I think that people in Pakistan have there own fears and worries to contend with related to wars. Have we seen Pakistan show candles and concern over those people killed by the Tsunami in the Philippines where thousands of people and children died??? No.

Why should we believe everything we see in the media. I am surprised at ATS members not questioning the still photo and media surrounding it.

Btw, those kids look like homeless kids...so they don't readily have access to tv, newspapers, or the like. How do they have access to lighters and where did they get those candles, markers, paper to write on, etc... It doesn't make sense for me.

Shame on you ATS for falling into this sympathy trap!

Tisk tisk tisk.

edit on 17-12-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: added note

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

There is NO WAY those kids in Pakistan know anything about the deaths in CT. Seriously, to me this is the US news reporters or whatever doing its work in Pakistan. A propaganda to make the people in the middle east look peaceful so we can go there to protect them with our military.

No one wants the US military in their countries in the first place. That's the real propaganda.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLaDOS

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

No one wants the US military in their countries in the first place. That's the real propaganda.

That`s my point....it is the media which is trying to push the idea other countries want our defensive and offensive system in their country so that our tax dollars are spent on overseas missions without our vote on it.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
If it weren't for our so-called leaders do people think there would be so much hating going in the world?

Off topic I'm sorry but it seems to me that the main reason we "hate" people that are not like us is that we are TOLD to and conditioned too. I live in the U.S. and I have no issue with anyone anywhere. And the fact that we go places and stick our noses and guns in where they don't belong is infuriating to me.

People, children just like you and I sitting down having breakfast, lunch, dinner,etc and here comes the big bad US and their guns, drones and bombs.

But no one over here seems to care at the blood being shed as long they have got Monday Night Football and Budweiser.

UGH

I'm sorry I went off topic.

The picture is wonderful, but my cynical mind cries out "propaganda."

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join