It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 Dead and 40 Seriously Wounded

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I'm getting tired of people saying things like this.

It isn't that people don't care. No one is saying, 7 dead in Pakistan, screw them. Of course it is sad. Of course people care.

Why do American's care more about American's being killed? It is their own backyard.

If there is a car crash outside of my house in my 2,000 population town, I'm going to be up in arms. Why? Not because they are more important people, but because this is where I live and I may very well know the people involved personally.

If there is a car crash in New York, I'm not going to be as upset. Not likely I know them personally. I don't NOT care. It is awful, but it won't be as big of a deal to me personally.

Another analogy....I live in the Kansas City area-ish. People are shot in KC almost every single day. It isn't uncommon, it is terribly sad, but it isn't uncommon. When people hear another person has been shot every morning on the news you stop blinking an eye. It happens literally all the time. Do I not care? Of course not.
If someone gets shot in my small town it will be a big deal. NOT because that person is more important than all the people shot in Kansas City every day, but because it almost NEVER happens.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Know your audience.

You will get more sympathy and raised eyebrows if it were 7 dead rabbits and 40 seriously wounded cats.

People are programmed to react to certain cues. People die, no problem. Rabbit dies, we have a problem.
edit on 17-12-2012 by blackreign2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mobiusmale

Originally posted by GLaDOS

Ok, firstly, the people do not want American soldiers there in the first place. And no, that was not by 'Afghani terrorists', that was by a US drone strike.

Also, Afghanistan and Pakistan are not in the Middle East. And women are not stoned to death in Pakistan, there's no Sharia law in Pakistan.

Well, it seems that Sharia Law is practiced in Pakistan...

The Pakistani government has approved the controversial bill that will allow for the implementation of sharia, or Islamic law, into a large region of northwestern Pakistan.

President Asif Ali Zardari signed the Nizam-e-Adl Regulation into law today after a majority of the Pakistani Parliament passed the bill. The regulation allows for the establishment of sharia courts in the Malakand Division, an administrative region that encompasses more than one-third of the Northwest Frontier Province and includes the districts of Malakand, Swat, Shangla, Buner, Dir, Chitral, and Kohistan.

www.longwarjournal.org...

And...it also seems one can be sentenced to a stoning death in Pakistan..

A couple have been sentenced to be stoned to death for alleged adultery by a tribal court in north-west Pakistan, with the woman's life now considered in grave danger.

www.guardian.co.uk...

So...what was your point again?

That is North-western Pakistan. It is where the Afghan immigrants live and where the taliban have a stronghold. The Afghans want Shariaw law, so the government let them have it. There is no Sharia in the rest of Pakistan.

As you can see, the north-west is green, with Pashtun ethnicities. (Pashtuns are Afghans_
edit on 17/12/2012 by GLaDOS because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2   >>

join