It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 Dead and 40 Seriously Wounded

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I do care about what happens in other parts of the world. Always have. Not just my own. I'm an American, and dislike that these terrible tragedies happen. This shouldn't happen. Not to adults, or to children. My thoughts are with all those that are dealing with this.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
Yet if a Civilian tradgedy happens in the USA we get 40 threads on it. Does this mean that the lives of innocent Pakistanis are of far less value than that of an American or other Western citizen, or do we just not care?

I suspect it's because a tragedy in your backyard is far more relatable and "hits home" much more than something in a foreign land. When I saw that 20 kids in a school much like the school where my 9 and 7 year old go to were senselessly murdered, it struck me hard emotionally. Call it what you will, but that's what it is.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by hammanderr
I don't care, just as they don't care about us.We got our own problems to worry about. Are you serious? You think that we should be really concerned about a bunch of civilians dead in a terrorrist attack in Pakistan?

This is the difference between americans and Pakistanis :

Pakistanis care about american children

Originally posted by Happy1
Come on, there is sooooooooooooo much wrong in that part of the world, and they certainly don't want our help.

With 'friends' as americans who needs enemies.

Originally posted by MidnightTide
Most people care what happens in their own country, if something happens elsewhere - not so much.

The civilized say the opposite

edit on 16/12/12 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I am American and I care very much about this,it saddens me deeply to hear such a thing.I know in war it's called "collateral damage" but loss of life,especially civilians who are caught in the crossfire,is unfortunate.My heart and prayers go out to all.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
In attack on airport in Peshwar in Pakistan. This was a rocket attack by militants but the majority of the victims were civilians. This kind of thing is a regular occurance in this part of the world yet is rarely discussed on this forum. Yet if a Civilian tradgedy happens in the USA we get 40 threads on it. Does this mean that the lives of innocent Pakistanis are of far less value than that of an American or other Western citizen, or do we just not care?

www.nytimes.com...

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan — Taliban militants attacked the airport in Peshawar, the main city in northwestern Pakistan, on Saturday evening, leaving 7 dead, including 2 civilians, and at least 40 people wounded, most of them civilians.

Notice how this websites address is .com and not .pk This is an American website with mostly American users discussing things the are relevant to us. This does not mean we don't care it just means when a shooting happens in our country were more likely to talk about it. Not some evil conspiracy

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I dont believe in the end of the world nor do I believe in a god but... if there was I would want that you and your kind gets snuffed.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

edit on 16/12/2012 by GLaDOS because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Countries are just made up barriers we humans created to feel safe, in the end we are all in this together.

R.I.P

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

You are wrong. I and millions of other Americans do care. We send aid, not just government aid to victims of tragedies all over the world. We shut down our lives in the states and go to help in person. We adopt the orphan children. You don't see it obviously but it happens all the time. It is not really news so why would it be on the news? There is nothing sensational and news worthy about average caring people going to a foreign country to help them. It is a scary process since there is culture clash but i assure you millions care deeply.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Ban guns...er i mean rockets in Pakistan NAO!

Ah crap, Ban 'em both in Pakistan NAO!
edit on 16-12-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReVoLuTiOn76
People don't think twice about people over there anymore because we have had Us and European occupation in the middle east for so long now.

Pakistan is in Southern Asia, I don't get the rest, unless you want Pakistan to be somewhere else.

For the OP's query, People do care, but media do put local news before international events, and/but in order of the perceived importance, rightly or wrongly. I do see some change recently though, the BBC is using more and more correspondents indigenous to their country, rather than a BBC reporter sent out, although there could be both entities, but also there have been gaffs, with some phoney set ups.
People don't want outrages anywhere, but they do happen, in the case of Pakistan, and elsewhere no one could even be sure if the 'Militants' or the rockets are inspired by the West, or rather the rogue agencies that operate their in our name.
edit on 16-12-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Ban guns...er i mean rockets in Pakistan NAO!

Ah crap, Ban 'em both in Pakistan NAO!
edit on 16-12-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

The attack was by Afghan and Uzbek terrorists that snuck across the border... Pakistan has a very strict gun law.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Too may Americans have died trying to help over there. What else do you want us to do? I think the Pakistani govt has to take responsibility for their own people.

And to the soul who posted the pic showing dead children with the caption this is how America treats Pakistani children??? INSANE. This was not caused by Americans. This was Afghani terrorists.

It is time Pakistan, Afghanistan, and the rest of the middle east man up and take responsibility for the crap they let occur in their own countries. Women are still stoned to death in Pakistan for being raped or beheaded for ogling a guy on a motorbike. DO not for one minute blame civilian casualities on our US military.

My husband served in Afghanistan and told me stories of how the Afghani people would use their own children as shields and use their own children as human mine detectors. You cannot help savages with no regard for the lives of their own children. They even use their own downs syndrome kids as walking detonators in public markets.

Do I feel for the kids? Of Course I do. Can I mit better? NOPE. Has too many Americans died trying? YES.

be quiet until you know what you are talking about...your picture is an insult and a lie.

edit on 16-12-2012 by k21968 because: the more I thought about it the madder I got

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
maybe it was for the picture to the families in CT? to say hey wth are you doing usa is the enemies!!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by k21968
Too may Americans have died trying to help over there. What else do you want us to do? I think the Pakistani govt has to take responsibility for their own people.

be quiet until you know what you are talking about...your picture is an insult and a lie.

Denial is an illness in people who are delusional and
can not handle truth. Hiding behind a flag to
defend friends as Sgt. Robert Bales
(one of many) and scapegoating the deaths
of the many children is irresponsible of america.
Outta sight outta mind ? The rest and the families of the murdered children will never forget

americans kill children

" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>
^This picture is the insult

US Troops Killed Four Afghan Children Who Were
Tending sheep

US forces rape women in northern Afghanistan village

Disturbing Trend

^ This is NOT helping children or the women. Truth is
the american government and many americans don't give a
dam about children that they kill over sea's.

"keep quiet " ? ?
wtf , no freedom of speech ?,
why bother fighting then.

edit on 16/12/12 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

I have to chime in and say I was thinking the same thing earlier today.
Our politicians and Media lament the loss of life and shed crocodile tears for those killed in the school, while on the other hand, they are directly responsible for the killing of others, in other countries.

How do the reconcile the killing of others at their hand and lament the loss of others and expect to be taken seriously?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Its amazing how certain people are stereotyped as being inherently violent because of all their civil wars and conflicts.

Tell me, why is it that every other day I keep reading so much about gun violence in the US... where there is no civil war or conflict taking place? Just this morning I saw THREE articles on yahoos home page. One was about some guy with 47 guns who made a threat to attack school children (!!!)... the other was a story about 2 cops who were fatally shot.... and the third was an update on the pre-shooting. Seriously? What the heck is going on?

If Afghans/Pakistanis can be stereotyped as inherently violent... can Americans be stereotyped as being ruthless shooters who randomly shoot at people wherever they can.... schools, theaters, malls, parking lots etc.? Seriously, why not?

Another thing is that both Pakistan and America seem to have a gun culture.

As an outsider... I imagine Americans need to live in constant fear of some random psycho shooting at them or their loved ones. Just like how Pakistanis need to live in constant fear of being bombed by some terrorist.

edit on 17-12-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
When have the majority of Americans ever taken any interest in what goes on outside of their country?
Seriously, when?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by k21968

And to the soul who posted the pic showing dead children with the caption this is how America treats Pakistani children??? INSANE. This was not caused by Americans. This was Afghani terrorists.

It is time Pakistan, Afghanistan, and the rest of the middle east man up and take responsibility for the crap they let occur in their own countries. Women are still stoned to death in Pakistan for being raped or beheaded for ogling a guy on a motorbike. DO not for one minute blame civilian casualities on our US military.

Ok, firstly, the people do not want American soldiers there in the first place. And no, that was not by 'Afghani terrorists', that was by a US drone strike.

Also, Afghanistan and Pakistan are not in the Middle East. And women are not stoned to death in Pakistan, there's no Sharia law in Pakistan.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by GLaDOS

Ok, firstly, the people do not want American soldiers there in the first place. And no, that was not by 'Afghani terrorists', that was by a US drone strike.

Also, Afghanistan and Pakistan are not in the Middle East. And women are not stoned to death in Pakistan, there's no Sharia law in Pakistan.

Well, it seems that Sharia Law is practiced in Pakistan...

The Pakistani government has approved the controversial bill that will allow for the implementation of sharia, or Islamic law, into a large region of northwestern Pakistan.

President Asif Ali Zardari signed the Nizam-e-Adl Regulation into law today after a majority of the Pakistani Parliament passed the bill. The regulation allows for the establishment of sharia courts in the Malakand Division, an administrative region that encompasses more than one-third of the Northwest Frontier Province and includes the districts of Malakand, Swat, Shangla, Buner, Dir, Chitral, and Kohistan.

www.longwarjournal.org...

And...it also seems one can be sentenced to a stoning death in Pakistan..

A couple have been sentenced to be stoned to death for alleged adultery by a tribal court in north-west Pakistan, with the woman's life now considered in grave danger.

www.guardian.co.uk...

So...what was your point again?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join