It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Poem For The Children Of Sandy Hook.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
As I sit here and write this with tears in my eyes, your souls fly away, light bright fireflies.

Your innocence is gone, like a lonesome sad song, and everything about this screams this is wrong.

Tragedy has stuck, like a stroke of dumb luck, leaving us all sad and dumbstruck.

I mourn for you all, though day and nightfall, knowing there will never be a cure all.

Societies to blame, for continuing the game, that has us all idle our emotions aflame.

Gone but not forgotten, your souls shall be, leaving this earth, without knowing your free.

How could this have happened, how is evil so beckoned, no matter what, this pain is not lessened.

As a father I know, deep down in my soul, my daughters my life, and so is my wife.

This night I shed tears, for these children’s lost years, never will they make it, to their mid-years.

May your souls find peace and your pain finally cease, you’ve left this world, and you have your release.

May the angels surround you, and give you a new, world to live in, with a beautiful view.

May peace be your friend, from now till then end, may your soul ascend, and begin to amend.

Once more I cry, as I wish you goodbye, I cherish you all, even after you die.

As a father of a young child this incident has really got me spun around. I am tired of the bickering back and forth and the use of this tragedy to further personal agendas. Most importantly, I am so sorry to the families affected by this event. I cannot imagine what thy must be going through. My deepest condolensces to all who were affected.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

I am a grandfather who just experienced the fear that my grandchildren may have been in harms way. They recently moved to Portland and on the day of the shooting I could not get in touch with my daughter or son-in-law for almost 6 hours. A lot goes through your mind! I was so glad to finally hear they were all safe.

The brutal murder of these innocent children is being overshadowed by press coverage and the most despicable accusations blaming the deaths as a result of taking prayer out of schools and because of homosexuality and abortions. The fact that Christians? would condemn the loss of these children to basically the sins of the fathers. I am speaking to anyone that holds that opinion "you may have a form of godliness but you deny the power thereof."

I join my brother here and acknowledge my grief and sorrow through scripture:

I am crushed in my spirit!
I will "weep with those who weep and mourn with those who mourn."
"Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted."
I am comforted knowing that "The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
"He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by grayeagle

Thank you for your kind words. May everyone involved find their peace. May the mourning take place, without further disgrace. Again thank you for your kindness and caring.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

May the angels surround you, and give you a new, world to live in, with a beautiful view.

You know, between this forum and the subject matter that follows, I usually avoid it.

Glad I didn't the time. Thanks for the words usmc...

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

I am really saddened by this event. I have felt waves of sorrow wash over me since yesterday. It truly looks like the love of most has grown cold, that men have become lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God. I was a Child Protection Investigator for about 4.5 years and when my daughter gave birth to my first grandson I had to transfer out of the program because I saw each child as an extension of my grandson. My heart broke on almost a daily basis.

We need to pray for all the First Responders who have to live with what they saw and experienced. I also hope that they receive Critical Incident intervention.

I live everyday with what I saw and yes I battle PTSD. They will need counseling!

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by grayeagle

I hear ya there. I also suffer from PTSD. This event has hit me hard. It reminds me of the children in Iraq who were so scarred by the war. I don't know what I would do if I was a first responder on a case like this. It will take some time to heal that is for sure.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Hi, I also wrote a poem as its a good way to handle the shock, sadness, grief, but i am a bit shy about posting it. After participating in the thread about the child being abused the day before this terrible thing happened its even more shocking . my1percent

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by my1percent

Don't be shy. Post away. Who cares what others think. If it helps you grieve than go right ahead and do it. I was just so sick of the gun debate bickering I had to put some thoughts into words. I would love to read what you wrote.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by my1percent

I want to encourage you to post. I use writing as a way for me to express what I am feeling so that it doesn't get locked up inside.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

O America, O America, Your loss of innocents, Joyfully smiling faces , Gone in an instant , Little flowers all anew , Intelligence waiting to shine through , Be it not true , What foul mind , Acts such a crime, Good took them early to the gates of pearly

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

O America, O America, Your loss of innocents, Joyfully smiling faces , Gone in an instant , Little flowers all anew , Intelligence waiting to shine through , Be it not true , What foul mind , Acts such a crime, God took them early to the gates of pearly
edit on 16-12-2012 by my1percent because: had trouble with the typwriter

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by my1percent

O America, O America, Your loss of innocents, Joyfully smiling faces , Gone in an instant , Little flowers all anew , Intelligence waiting to shine through , Be it not true , What foul mind , Acts such a crime, Good took them early to the gates of pearly

Very nicely done.

new topics

top topics

join