It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you'll never hear about what i did today

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Well good morning

I'll do my best to address the last group of posts.

Several others have already beat you to that witty Batman gem. Clever. And Rambo? I think you'd pass me on the street like any other dude and not give me a second glance. I keep clean and groomed. You never know where a job opportunity may come from.

It was a sorta good film for the 70 s. I think Denehy was the better actor in that film.

And for all of the "you don't need it" arguments...I take it you've never been robbed? It's not a walk in the park.

People "like me" who carry weapons aren't looking for trouble. We are looking out for our lives. Do you have health insurance? Why?

I am pretty shocked about how many of you are making assumptions about a person you've never met. You don't sound like good people. I'm glad we aren't aquainted.

edit on 17-12-2012 by Mrgone because: spells

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
So what happens if one day your homelessness and unemployment drives you to depression you start to blame the government and then walk into a government building with your pistol and start shooting?

I always see Americans posting threads like this, talking about themselves like they are some kind of Hollywood hero “I am proficient in hand to hand combat, have extensive weapons training and natural survival instincts, I silently protect society, I wish for no recognition, no reward other that the privilege of defending my community.” It’s really actually quite comical you kind of sound like the poor man’s batman and there is quite a lot of you that do it and then ego rub each other by exchanging war stories.

I have only ever seen Americans do this I am assuming it’s a cultural thing.

I have way better reasons for doing something stupid. Why don't I? Because it would be STUPID!

pretty simple.

How young are you son? You seem to have a bit of an aggressive nature. That usually comes with youth

Well anyway, take care.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

I'm a ninja in disguise, I walk amongst the living ever watchful... my sword sheathed.
I don't have a job, and I live in a cardboard box, but somehow I have access to a fine Samurai sword and of course the internet (on a regular basis to post replys).

Yawn,

Move on troll.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Power_Semi

Very good analogy to this crack-head, look at me hero bull****. Star for you.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by smugmushroom
reply to post by Mrgone

I'm a ninja in disguise, I walk amongst the living ever watchful... my sword sheathed.
I don't have a job, and I live in a cardboard box, but somehow I have access to a fine Samurai sword and of course the internet (on a regular basis to post replys).

Yawn,

Move on troll.

I have a phone. No tv. No computer. Just a phone with internet access.

I never said that I'm a Ninja. Cause that's retarded.

See my point with mentioning my proficiency was to point out that I take my responsibility serious. I don't only rely on a gun to protect my family. I have back up plans. I'm never going to be refered to as a victim.

And I don't live in a cardboard box. But you missed your chance to call me a hobo with a shotgun.

How am I trolling. I created a thread and I'm doing my best to answer every response to it.

Even rude ones such as yours

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

reply to post by Power_Semi

Very good analogy to this crack-head, look at me hero bull****. Star for you.

Is that how you feel about cops? They feel pretty proud about what they do with their guns. I'm no cop, though.

My friend that is one agrees with me and my reasons. You don't have to, though

you keep up that smug part, mushroom.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

Seriously dude, so from your posts I see that you are ex-military. Couldn't deal with normal life after retiring/dis-honourably discharged and now think you are god's gift to the American people. Seriously, they wouldn't even miss you WHEN you aren't there to do your superhero shizzle. So then, it comes down do this... You can't find a job AT THIS TIME OF THE YEAR!!! because you're an ex-military meathead that plainly isn't good with people, or you'd have a job already, and you'd rather sign up to ATS to post the arrogant, self-proclaiming rubbish you've been posting...than use your dwindling mobile resources TO FIND A JOB.....hmmm, you are either talking out of your *** and you are not actually homeless and jobless, or you have a mental illness that requires you to make up these stories to feel some self-worth. I'd go 50/50 with my assessment. Mentally ill ex-military meathead, with a need to feel useful by propogating these little stories.

I bet you reply very soon, because your illness won't let you ignore this.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

Cool, you replied before I'd even finished.
Case closed.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

reply to post by Mrgone

Cool, you replied before I'd even finished.
Case closed.

Meathead? That doesn't describe me at all. I'm polite, relatively intelligent. Put thought into what I'm going to say, usually.

You really have a boner for me. I am sitting in my car while it warms up. I and heading to a gig that should pay. I bet you've never been unemployed. You ll find that you have a bit of free time on your hands. I also search for work while I'm on here. Pretty easy to do both

Really, unless you have something constructive to add to the conversation, I'll be skipping your comments from now on.

Meathead? That's a first.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

Cool, so you now still can afford to run a car... haha.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

Ok, so on a more serious note. You mention protecting your family, and having back up plans. Are you living in your car with your family? What are your back up plans? and what responsibility, that you take seriously, do you actually have (other than not using your firearm)?

You didn't deny being ex-military, and your response time on ATS is astounding for someone using a cell phone without the usual (m.) stamp.

Humour me just for a minute, and please explain what you expect to gain by posting your endevours on ATS if its not recognition that you want??

Hope your gig goes well and you get paid, I too, like many others have experienced un-employement. Although I got back into the game by taking a job, any job....

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

Unemployed and essentially homeless...why are you on ATS and how? Hope you find some work soon my friend...
edit on 17-12-2012 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mrgone
I have a challenge for you. spend the next week applying for every job you find. Every free moment that you have, search and apply for jobs. Come to me next week with all the employees that responded. Prove to me that you dod and how easy it would be for me to get a job.
Actually, it would be very easy for me to get another job in the same field that I am in anywhere in the nation or world if I wanted. I don't have to try, I already know this. It's even possible that I could go into some form of management, which I do not want. I like what I do and where I am. But, there are others in my field who have moved on to other locations with no problem.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepolish1
Woah Dude, shooting a gun is like riding a bike, You never forget. And to have Excellent gun control, Is using two hands, and hitting your target. Have you ever shot a firearm??? I don't think you have.
Yes, I have several. Is it like riding a bike? Since when was riding a bike like shooting a firearm in a public place? We aren't talking about shooting targets with no innocent people standing in the way. Shooting a hand gun isn't really all that easy when you're about to shoot another living human being, especially if they're aiming back at you. You'll be nervous, hands shaking, etc. and innocent bystanders may be near or even in the way. Do you think it would be like riding a bike at that moment?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I was going to ignite you but I'm now at the library waiting to use a computer. Half of them are being used by what must be jehovas witness. All young guys in suits. So I'll clarify for you. I may be here a while

Someone else mentioned the phone thing. I'm no sure what message displays when I post but I am on an android. HT1x. I have a really good contract that was grandfathered in to me getting this phone. It was$50 and I for it at a time when I had more money. The next time I will have to make a payment won't be for a few weeks because I will call an all for an extension on my pay date. They usually allow about two weeks

And this wasn't the recognition that I had intended. My OP was to defend my personal choice by sighting example of the you're of person that I consider myself to be. A lot of people A LOT of people have been screaming about guns and vilifying those who carry. I'm one so I felt the need to add my voice. Give people a place to talk instead of getting too excited and doing something rash. Yes, I'm proud of what I do. If I want that would be weird

And my car, I drive a 2005 Suzuki Aerio with 188k miles on it. I try not to drive it because it has a cv joint issue. And could you imagine how hard it would be to be emptied with out transportation. Especially in the PNW.

Back up plans? Are to sell the car and everything else that I can muster the courage to let go of then soldier on with that situation.
Have you ever been mugged? I have. I wasn't carrying back then. Three guys tried to take my money with brass knuckles. They didn't need guns. They had the will

A computer just opened up. Going to look for a job.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrEugeneFixer

Originally posted by Mrgone
I'm unemployed. I'm essentially homeless. I don't have a connection to any of my family members.

I'm not psychotic, I'm not full of hate, I see the good in people.

Today, just like every other day, I carried a pistol and stayed aware of my surroundings. I didn't need to use my weapon for any reason. Praise be to "whatever" for this reason.

I'm skilled in fighting. Talented in handling dangerous situations. Proficient in survival.

Thanks again to the universe that my skills were useless.

I was raised believing that we all have a purpose. Some times we don't recognise the moment that would bring our talents to light

you'll never hear about what i did today. I walked among you prepared to do whatever I had to to stop anyone from hurting innocent people. Thank god, nothing happened. Again.
you'll never hear about what i did today. Because it wasn't news. It was us...living or lives.

Congratulations on not shooting anyone... today.

Congratulations to you for not being a defenseless victim of a mentally unstable gunman or home intruder... today.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Everyone that says they can't find a job is either being too picky or just isn't looking for one. "A job" is just that, its a stepping stone back into the world of employment, because someone in employment is far more likely to be successful in an interview than a (homeless??) vigilante.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

Mrgone,

Thank you for being who you are. I am saddened by the numerous others on here who have seemed to miss the meaning or message behind your message. This is the problem with metacommunication, as some people are unable to properly interpret how something is being said to understand the what or the point. Instead they seem to be focusing on minute details in your post that I assume you did not intend to be highlighted or discussed as thoroughly as they have been throughout this thread. I just wanted to say that I did, indeed, understand where you were coming from and what you were trying to say. Your intended message did not go unheard.

Once again, thank you. I wish you the best.

theUNKNOWNawaits

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

So, you mentioned protecting your family and yet you clearly state you have no connections to your family.

You had back up plans, yet in reality, there is no back up plan other than what anyone sane person would do in this (hypothetical?) situation.

You are proud of what you do? What is it you actually do? So far, I've only been able to sumise that you walk around with a firearm. You're proud to walk around with a firearm?
I'd like to say again that you are ex-military with somesort of mental issue, ok perhaps meathead wasn't right, but alot of ex-services find it extremely hard to re-integrate back into civilian life. Maybe the firearm that you're so proud of is the only real connection you have to the military life you served, for a long time I'm guessing by your demenour.

If you feel the need to "ignite" me, then feel free to napalm the shizzle our of me... or whatever you guys used to use.

Hope you find peace in your heart and mind, you are clearly unwell.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepolish1
Woah Dude, shooting a gun is like riding a bike, You never forget. And to have Excellent gun control, Is using two hands, and hitting your target. Have you ever shot a firearm??? I don't think you have.

Hi.

edit on 17-12-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join