It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you'll never hear about what i did today

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SarnholeOntarable
reply to post by Mrgone

The Shawshank redemtion
...stay safe and don't get trigger happy
that was a powerful confession Mrgone.

Thank you. I am a humble servant of humanity.

I really do love life.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepolish1
Mrgone, I do believe that we are part of a dying breed. I took no offense to what you did or said. Probably the most sane thing Ive read in a while. But you are right, if your in a crowd, people would be amazed if they actually knew the amount of people who do carry, people would probably not leave their houses. Paranoid freaks.
I hope you can find work, I know its hard. I have a job, and am trying to find another one, cuz I'm sick and tired of other peoples insecurties. Long story. I hope you are warm my friend. Just know you are not alone.

Much respect to you as well

IM me with your story if you need to

I'm warm tonight. 3 days until I'm homeless again. We all find a way, right?

Big

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

I know what your saying. Even with dwindling possessions you are staying diligent and looking out for our fellow human. Are you crazy? No, i think not. I guess compassion is easily mistaken for crazy nowadays.

You'll also never hear about what I did today. It would bore the hell out of you anyways.

Today I didn't even have to use my A.K.
I got to say, it was a good day.
- ice cube

I couldn't resist.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
reply to post by Mrgone

I know what your saying. Even with dwindling possessions you are staying diligent and looking out for our fellow human. Are you crazy? No, i think not. I guess compassion is easily mistaken for crazy nowadays.

You'll also never hear about what I did today. It would bore the hell out of you anyways.

Today I didn't even have to use my A.K.
I got to say, it was a good day.
- ice cube

I couldn't resist.

I laughed out loud

No spit. That was the first time today that I laughed.

Thank you

edit on 15-12-2012 by Mrgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

Thank you for the offer of im you, but it is a long story, about 30 yrs worth. Yes we will all find our way in the end. The pic for your avatar looks like a beautiful place. And by the way, I like to surround myself with people like you. I know you'd have my back in a bar fight and vice versa, but if you were to see me, you'd probably laugh. But, I can hold my own.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
For a second I thought it was going to be about the shooting. Here's why: we haven't heard much about the people that tried to protect the children.

But seeing as how you're in Washington that's unlikely.

I get it though, no one hears about how they're protected against a lot of possible threats. You hear more about the attacks humanity makes on another and how they weren't able to defend themselves

Good for you OP. Make sure your life is like that every day, except for the homeless and no connection to family part

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

reply to post by Mrgone

Thank you for the offer of im you, but it is a long story, about 30 yrs worth. Yes we will all find our way in the end. The pic for your avatar looks like a beautiful place. And by the way, I like to surround myself with people like you. I know you'd have my back in a bar fight and vice versa, but if you were to see me, you'd probably laugh. But, I can hold my own.

Good people don't have a look or type. If your ready, the world tests you.

Hopefully we don't seem ready to the world.

My avatar is a different story. I'll tell it to anyone who shares a pint with me

Cheers

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
No offense intended to the OP by posting this, but this thread reminded me of this movie "Hobo with a shotgun"

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edgar806
For a second I thought it was going to be about the shooting. Here's why: we haven't heard much about the people that tried to protect the children.

But seeing as how you're in Washington that's unlikely.

I get it though, no one hears about how they're protected against a lot of possible threats. You hear more about the attacks humanity makes on another and how they weren't able to defend themselves

Good for you OP. Make sure your life is like that every day, except for the homeless and no connection to family part

Thanks brother

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Cusp
No offense intended to the OP by posting this, but this thread reminded me of this movie "Hobo with a shotgun"

www.youtube.com...

That was the second time I laughed today

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

I'd love to sit and have a pint with you but your a bit too far for that. Your in Washington, I'm about an hour and a half south of Lake Michigan. Ok, I'll see if I can get you to laugh, ok, I was Screwed From Conception. My momma was a hillbilly, my dad was a Pollock, and when I finally got hair at 2yrs old I was a blonde. See, I never had a chance, But I make the best of it, Oh, and I am a 5' 7, 130 lb female with a take no sh!t attitude. I actually asked one of our officer friendlys if he'd be willing to spar with me(boxing) He told me no, cuz he didn't want to get hurt.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

reply to post by Mrgone

I'd love to sit and have a pint with you but your a bit too far for that. Your in Washington, I'm about an hour and a half south of Lake Michigan. Ok, I'll see if I can get you to laugh, ok, I was Screwed From Conception. My momma was a hillbilly, my dad was a Pollock, and when I finally got hair at 2yrs old I was a blonde. See, I never had a chance, But I make the best of it, Oh, and I am a 5' 7, 130 lb female with a take no sh!t attitude. I actually asked one of our officer friendlys if he'd be willing to spar with me(boxing) He told me no, cuz he didn't want to get hurt.

Smiles, at least

I'm 5' 11" - 190 pounds. Size means nothing. Training and skill are much more important than size.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mrgone

reply to post by Mrgone

Smiles, at least

I'm 5' 11" - 190 pounds. Size means nothing. Training and skill are much more important than size.

At least you smiled, See I will make fun of myself, cuz, I can. Yes training and skills, I had an older brother and an abusive first marriage, my brother taught me quickness(he's a drummer) and the ex, all out bruteforce, and endurance. I also know alot of medical stuff, My blow off classes in high school were in science, health and Anatomy, I would love nothing more than to go back to school and be a lab tech. And I also like to play chess, a skill that has come in handy a few times. Always stay one or two steps ahead.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mrgone

reply to post by Mrgone

Smiles, at least

At least you smiled, See I will make fun of myself, cuz, I can. Yes training and skills, I had an older brother and an abusive first marriage, my brother taught me quickness(he's a drummer) and the ex, all out bruteforce, and endurance. I also know alot of medical stuff, My blow off classes in high school were in science, health and Anatomy, I would love nothing more than to go back to school and be a lab tech. And I also like to play chess, a skill that has come in handy a few times. Always stay one or two steps ahead.

Star for you. Stay strong for the rest of us

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
You won't hear about how I went to a military base today and passed out coats that I helped collect to the children of active military either. Sometime you just do things because it's the right thing to do.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

Mrgone:

Hey buddy, I know you are a good person, a silent hero, you see the good in people when others don't. You should be exonerated for that, most of us don't take the time to notice others anymore. I just want you to know that you have a friend in me. Yes we all do have a purpose, yours is watching out for the people that can't protect themselves. Always, know that we as people, have to care about one another and need to respect each other. We need more compassion for each other in today's world. I feel you are helping the good of this nation, keep up the fight, we need it.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
What kind of help are you needing?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Mrgone, very poetic and thanks for sharing with us. Hopefully those more cynical will understand the meaning of your message.

I was homeless for my teenage years, and I have to say it was not the best way to spend them either. Luckily for me I was surrounded by good friends who's help I will never forget. It is good to be a protector of the people, we need more people like you, as long as you don't go looking for trouble - that is breaching the line into martyrdom, but I am sure you are fully aware of that anyway.

If you ever happen to find yourself in Northern California along the coast line, send me a U2U and I'll make sure you don't have to sleep outside --- Though there's worse places to do that than here, that's for sure. At the very least I'll hook you up with some fresh socks and food.

And you're damn right, noble actions are not news worthy. They'd prefer to sensationalize the deaths of the noble instead.

Glad to have you on ATS.
edit on 16-12-2012 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I have deleted approximately ten different posts, all of them seething and pretty much vulgar reprimands directed towards the more unfeeling posts in this thread. Mrgone, I commend you for your willingness to protect the community, especially in light of the frustrations your situation has undoubtedly given you. Most of the people who have responded so cynically probably have never been homeless, and quite truthfully, I can see how hard it would be not to pull that gun out and just rain hell on those who have so much more than you do.

In protecting them rather than destroying them, I commend your strength and your compassion. These are increasingly uncommon traits to be seen in the American people as of late, and every demonstration is a moment to be revered. Thank you for sharing this.

The rest of you should be ashamed. No wonder people shoot each other, it's not like they get rewarded for being upstanding citizens. Even if he doesn't have a home, this man did more than the average American. He has no reason to support the community, and he was willing to spend bullets to save them should the opportunity arise. And to look at your posts, one would think you didn't care. Shame on you.

Again, Mrgone, thanks for posting. A little bit of faith in humanity has been restored.

edit on 16-12-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
www.apartmentfinder.org - To find low income housing in WA state. Places that accept section 8, people on welfare, Social Security and so on. What's nice is you can filter to see who has immediate openings.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join