It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you'll never hear about what i did today

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

First of all, boy, my age is not your concern you talk about me being “aggressive” yet you are the one who carries around a gun.

The point I am making is that if the recent shootings have told us anything about ATS it’s that it is full of Rambo fantasists that is how I interpreted your OP, like you saw yourself as some kind of silent warrior, skilled in the arts of death, stalking the nights to defend the innocent and helpless. I stank like cliché Hollywood script for an old Clint Eastwood movie. It is almost like you have this fantasy that you allow to become a reality that you are a silent hero, you are only deluding yourself

edit on 17-12-2012 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

I wish I never did hear about what you did today....
Sounds like you need a hug….
Snohomish County Human Services
Everett, WA
Phone Number: (425)388-7416

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by blucottoncandy
reply to post by Mrgone

I wish I never did hear about what you did today....
Sounds like you need a hug….
Snohomish County Human Services
Everett, WA
Phone Number: (425)388-7416
Can I get a hug?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by smugmushroom
reply to post by Hydroman

Everyone that says they can't find a job is either being too picky or just isn't looking for one. "A job" is just that, its a stepping stone back into the world of employment, because someone in employment is far more likely to be successful in an interview than a (homeless??) vigilante.

Ok I'm done with that. Wow my last post had a lot of misspellings.

If applying for framing, as a PA on a television set, as security for Pinkerton, as a mail handler, for a position cleaning car parts and a construction manager can be called picky then, you got me. Oh and mucking horse stalls too.

And someone brought up my family comments. Let me clarify that. I have two teenagers. That is the family I'm talking about protecting. No I don't live in my car with them. They live in a beautiful home with the ex. I have brothers around the country and folks who don't communicate with me.

Some here have suggested that I may be Looney. My family would agree with you, too.

And I've been called a loner. I don't know. I've got friends. Some have helped me out but I would rather not bring them my problems so many of them don't know my full story. And if you asked them I think that they would refer to me as outgoing and level headed.

Meh, I'm fine. And that was the point. This kid in CT was messed up. But wasn't his family doing pretty well financially. I bet I have a couple of more reasons to do something stupid but I don't. My current situation was relevant because even with all the crap I'm going through, the gun isn't the reason I don't flip out

It's because I'm taking care of me the best I can. And doing my best not to ruin anyone else's live while I'm at it

And I like to write on ATS. I've met some solid human beings here. Good hearted people who I how to keep in mind when I'm doing better.

Cheers
edit on 17-12-2012 by Mrgone because: forgot about the horse mucking

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

Op I understand exactly what you are saying however I think many people here do not. There are many more responsible gun owners in the US than these few killers. I once had to shoot a guy that was robing a convenience store it wasn’t because I was looking for trouble it was because I stopped to buy a pack of smokes on the way home that night. If I hadn’t shot him he would have probably killed the cashier as it was he had nearly beaten the poor girl to death already. The guy got away but the police caught him two weeks later.

I think people here are either ignoring the point you are making or they can’t comprehend it maybe a little bit of both. I commend you for making this thread S&F you are down on your luck yet you are a law abiding citizen that is doing the best that you can instead of turning to nefarious means to survive yet you certainly could if you wanted to yet people here are jumping to the conclusion that gun owners are bad people by nature.

I am glad there are people like yourself who can protect themselves and are also willing to protect others if need be but I do not quite understand why so many people are trying to belittle or harass you for doing so in this thread. Those people in my opinion are@ holes with militant minds.

Your avatar looks like an old picture I can only guess because of the BDUs I remember I hated having to press those things and usually starched them till they could stand on their own. I wish you luck in your job search just hang in there because it will pan out sooner or later.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Man, thank God you were there. Nice job. Star for you. And an applause

The avatar pick was in Okinawa in 1994. I worked with explosives. We set the mountain on fire on accident and they wouldn't let us put it out. All we could do was sit there and watch. I'm on the left.

I'm told it was the largest fire that had burned on Okinawa in 50 years. The military only knows how to break things. Part of the reason I got out

Should have stayed in the explosives field as a civilian. I could have had a totally different life. Ah the past. If only, you know?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

If applying for framing, as a PA on a television set, as security for Pinkerton, as a mail handler, for a position cleaning car parts and a construction manager can be called picky then, you got me. Oh and mucking horse stalls too.

You tried applying for “caped crusader” or “ man of steel” I hear New York needs a new “Friendly neighbourhood spider-man”

Actually all joking aside I do hope you get a job and things become more comfortable for you and while I know you heart is probably in the right place I do think that your articulation of this in your OP has not came across as you may have intended.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

So were you EOD? When did you join? We may know each other. Did you train at Redstone because I had mixed classes with Marines there? If so small world. The explosives field in the civilian is kind of small as you know. I work at white sands half the year testing new equipment for clearing IEDs but I left the military about 6 years ago after I was injured otherwise I would have retired from it by now.

I only stopped in Japan for a week during a PCS and that was only because the C17 we were transporting in had engine problems but I got to see the country a little bit because of that. I would have much rather stayed in Japan than Korea and yeah we set a few mountains on fire while doing ranges and disposing of ordinance so I know what you’re talking about.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

A prophetic statement, I am a proud American but not too proud of America these days. We have turned from American exceptionalism into a self centered, not caring, violent and material obessed country. I feel the same way, I work long and hard hours to support not only myself and ill wife, but also my daughters and their children whose fathers are part of this wasted self centered generation. I open doors for our elderly and women, I treat everyone with kindness and consideration and I always, always carry a weapon. I was trained by our government to be the elite of the elite for my era. I am more worried about our youth and their violence than any other nation.

Soon I hope to retire, off the grid away from the main stream society. I am not crazy, I just don't care for the standards inwhich the world is comfortable now. We have slid too far down the scale, immoral is the norm. I would prefer to live out my life in MayBerry if such a place can be found.

Mr Gone you have countless counterparts who share your feelings, the rest of us haven't gone quite as far as you, If I didn't have grand kids that count on me for being their foundation, I sir would join you.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by Mrgone

You tried applying for “caped crusader” or “ man of steel” I hear New York needs a new “Friendly neighbourhood spider-man”

Actually all joking aside I do hope you get a job and things become more comfortable for you and while I know you heart is probably in the right place I do think that your articulation of this in your OP has not came across as you may have intended.

. True

I'd have to kick Phoenix Jones out of Seattle first. I hear he doesn't like sharing the spot light

Hey, How come no one mentioned Deniro in Taxi Driver? I think he would have been a better insult than hobo with a shotgun.

Thanks for the well wishing

edit on 17-12-2012 by Mrgone because: mr. Deniro

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

1991 to 1994. I was an ammo tech. Redstone arsenal would have been in 92. March, I think.

My intention was EOD but I hadn't reached the required rank by the time I had to make the decision to leave

Redstone. That was a lot of fun.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DOLCOTT

Thank you. thank you very much.

Good luck to you in finding Mayberry. It's gotta be out there.

And I'm betting is been a while since you heard this but I'm hoping not. thanks for being a hard working grandfather. And husband. And dad.
edit on 17-12-2012 by Mrgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mrgone

Originally posted by votan
reply to post by Mrgone

Maybe you should use those proficient survival skills to find yourself a job and a home. .
edit on 16-12-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-12-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

Great idea. Thanks for contributing to this discussion.

I am not too interested in the discussion more on the fact that you have quite a nice skill set and you just squander it. You just needed direction I am happy I could give it to you. Maybe you should open a tab for the wanted adds while you tend to your thread.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
double post gah!
edit on 17-12-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Hi mrgone,

High respect to you for expressing your opinion and following what you believe in, I notice an irony in your screen name, it seems to me that with all of the crappy stuff that has happened, you have found yourself.
Your time will come

Ted
The sapien group
A group for all of us

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

I may have bumped into you when I was returning back to Redstone after my trainingin 91. I went partying with a group of Marines one night and got my first Tattoo. Lol. It was a lot of fun there the food was great the post club was lenient on those of us underage the women were hot and the training battalion there was so lax we called it animal house. We had a party one night while the D.I.s were gone that got so out of control I remember this girl there broke her leg trying to repel down the barracks on sheets tied together. We used fill our rucks with liquor and climb the mountain to get away from the D.I.s.

I qualified first as 55B which was ammo tech before going on to 55D for us it was strait training and if you failed Delta school they bounced you back to Bravos I almost boloed but I passed the second try.So it is a small world.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ted1987
Hi mrgone,

High respect to you for expressing your opinion and following what you believe in, I notice an irony in your screen name, it seems to me that with all of the crappy stuff that has happened, you have found yourself.
Your time will come

Ted
The sapien group
A group for all of us

Thanks, Ted. I have something I chant in my heads when I start to focus on the negative

It's ok. It's ok. This can't last forever. Just keep trying. It's ok.

Sounds corny but it's a bit of a mental squeegee for when I get down on me. Cheers

Thanks for

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by aLLeKs

Not completely true. I used to spend lot's of time in Germany for work. There were news stories of shootings on the tv then. Some guy offed his family and himself. Most states here in the US require secure storage i.e. a safe or secure room or closet. Where I live you are actually responsible if someone takes your gun and does harm with it. As for why anyone wants to own any type of gun. The reasons are many and varied, depends on the person. Hunting, target shooting, self defense etc. And like the OP said, you don't hear about us. There are some 100 million or so gun owners. Most every one that I know, has a permit to carry concealed. As do I. You never hear about us either. You see only the bad stories are on the news. This gives you a skewed picture of guns in any culture. Guns are tools and have to be used by a person. Guns are not inherently evil, or good for that matter. banning private ownership of guns will never prevent shootings. The guns are already out there. Banning drugs has not made them harder to get either. Schools in the USA are "gun free" zones by federal law. No one is allowed to bring a gun onto school property for any reason. That is why crazies go there to shoot people, they know they are safe. I think the president and congress should lead by example. Make congress and the white house gun free zones too. But they would never do that. The protection for them is not even afforded to our most vulnerable, our school children...

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Is possible. My graduating class buddies got together last summer in Montana. I missed it but I won't miss the next one.

Cheers, I'm of to meet someone.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Become a super hero?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join