It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you'll never hear about what i did today

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I'm unemployed. I'm essentially homeless. I don't have a connection to any of my family members.

I'm not psychotic, I'm not full of hate, I see the good in people.

Today, just like every other day, I carried a pistol and stayed aware of my surroundings. I didn't need to use my weapon for any reason. Praise be to "whatever" for this reason.

I'm skilled in fighting. Talented in handling dangerous situations. Proficient in survival.

Thanks again to the universe that my skills were useless.

I was raised believing that we all have a purpose. Some times we don't recognise the moment that would bring our talents to light

you'll never hear about what i did today. I walked among you prepared to do whatever I had to to stop anyone from hurting innocent people. Thank god, nothing happened. Again.
you'll never hear about what i did today. Because it wasn't news. It was us...living or lives.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mrgone
I'm unemployed. I'm essentially homeless. I don't have a connection to any of my family members.

Today, just like every other day, I carried a pistol and stayed aware of my surroundings. I didn't need to use my weapon for any reason. Praise be to "whatever" for this reason.

I'm skilled in fighting. Talented in handling dangerous situations. Proficient in survival.

I was raised believing that we all have a purpose. Some times we don't recognise the moment that would bring our talents to light

you'll never hear about what i did today. I walked among you prepared to do whatever I had to to stop anyone from hurting innocent people. Thank god, nothing happened. Again.
you'll never hear about what i did today. Because it wasn't news. It was us...living or lives.

Congratulations on not shooting anyone... today.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Upquote]Originally posted by DrEugeneFixer

Thanks?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrEugeneFixer

You missed the point Bugs, now go chew on your carrot.

Op: I compliment you on your courage and willingness to help others from harms way.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleVortex

You missed the point Bugs, now go chew on your carrot.

Op: I compliment you on your courage and willingness to help others from harms way.

Thanks.

I do this every day without the expectation that I will be recognized. I appreciate it just the same

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

Isnt that exactly what crazy people say..., "im not crazy".

So we have a crazy homeless guy carrying guns around in crowds of people to protect them from some imaginary threat.

I dont feel safe.....

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
A homeless person with a firearm and a computer to get onto the internet. Dude you need to re-evaluate your priorities. Sell your fire arm and your computer and use it for a deposit on a duplex.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
That was almost poetic. I am glad you did not have to use your skills today. I do not carry guns, I perfer knives. I also have excellent fighting skills.. I feel where you are coming from. It's kinda like your lost and trying to find your way? I think our skills will be needed in the not to distance future. Godspeed my friend.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
The birth of a super hero.

But it sounds like you should go to a homeless shelter and let them help you get a security job or something like that. Don't have to stay homeless.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by Mrgone

Isnt that exactly what crazy people say..., "im not crazy".

So we have a crazy homeless guy carrying guns around in crowds of people to protect them from some imaginary threat.

I dont feel safe.....

All true
And the next time your in a crowd...look around. Several of those people are armed.

Homeless, unemployed. Doesn't mean that i'm not responsible. Or that I don't care about my fellow man.
I don't know how to get this across to you so how about you go back and read my OP with the voice of your favorite actor in your head. Maybe, Morgan Freeman?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

Or a Taxi Driver era Robert DeNiro.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
A homeless person with a firearm and a computer to get onto the internet. Dude you need to re-evaluate your priorities. Sell your fire arm and your computer and use it for a deposit on a duplex.

The phone I connect to the internet with is worth nothing. I'll be selling my gun next week to pay for my hotel room if I can't find work

Doesn't change the fact that my gun wasn't used for nefarious reasons

I'll be sad when I see it.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepolish1
That was almost poetic. I am glad you did not have to use your skills today. I do not carry guns, I perfer knives. I also have excellent fighting skills.. I feel where you are coming from. It's kinda like your lost and trying to find your way? I think our skills will be needed in the not to distance future. Godspeed my friend.

I bow my head to you.

May we continue to be unnecessary.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Very profound way of thinking. You are most correct in saying that the inherent good in people is not newsworthy. The potential to do the right thing when the time comes is in all of us, but it is those who act that are remarkable.
I too believe it's a good day when we don't have to die for another, but when the need arises, I'd like to know someone would give their all to save a fellow soul.
You can often read about people standing by (video taping) while another suffers and you shake your head wondering why no one stops and helps. Last year I decided to get my EMT license just for the training and security to further my medical knowledge in the event of an emergency. I have a lot of medical training but wanted to know more about field traumas and being able to help out if ever needed.
These days bad things happen more frequently (or so it is reported) knowing there are good people out there is a bit of a comfort. I certainly hope your situation resolves itself sooner than later and here's a thank you from one stranger to another for being ready.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

Oh the phone your connected with now oh yeah sorry I missed the posted from mobile.abovetopsecret.com footer on your posts.

Or are you just jumping on the whole bandwagon?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

reply to post by Mrgone

Or a Taxi Driver era Robert DeNiro.

I'm not killing a bunch of drug dealers for a hooker.

Seriously, that's retarded

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadow watcher
Very profound way of thinking. You are most correct in saying that the inherent good in people is not newsworthy. The potential to do the right thing when the time comes is in all of us, but it is those who act that are remarkable.
I too believe it's a good day when we don't have to die for another, but when the need arises, I'd like to know someone would give their all to save a fellow soul.
You can often read about people standing by (video taping) while another suffers and you shake your head wondering why no one stops and helps. Last year I decided to get my EMT license just for the training and security to further my medical knowledge in the event of an emergency. I have a lot of medical training but wanted to know more about field traumas and being able to help out if ever needed.
These days bad things happen more frequently (or so it is reported) knowing there are good people out there is a bit of a comfort. I certainly hope your situation resolves itself sooner than later and here's a thank you from one stranger to another for being ready.

I've never looked at emt training that way before. Thanks

I will make CPR training a higher priority in the future

Cheers

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

The Shawshank redemtion
...stay safe and don't get trigger happy
that was a powerful confession Mrgone.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by Mrgone

Oh the phone your connected with now oh yeah sorry I missed the posted from mobile.abovetopsecret.com footer on your posts.

Or are you just jumping on the whole bandwagon?

I'm defending my right to protect myself...and others

Not sure what bandwagon you are talking about

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Mrgone, I do believe that we are part of a dying breed. I took no offense to what you did or said. Probably the most sane thing Ive read in a while. But you are right, if your in a crowd, people would be amazed if they actually knew the amount of people who do carry, people would probably not leave their houses. Paranoid freaks.
I hope you can find work, I know its hard. I have a job, and am trying to find another one, cuz I'm sick and tired of other peoples insecurties. Long story. I hope you are warm my friend. Just know you are not alone.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join