It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marilyn Manson speaks on shooting who's to blame

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I was simply blown away after reading this interview of Marilyn Manson.

some of you might find his view on all this quite interesting.
www.rollingstone.com...

edit on 15-12-2012 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-12-2012 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Didn't read the article, did you? He was talking about the Columbine school shooting in 1999.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
This article has nothing to do with the Connecticut shooting and everything to do with the Columbine shooting.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
That wasn't on the CT shooting but it could apply to it.

It was written in 1999 btw.
I think he is a smart guy and he has a lot of interesting things to say. I think he is right on about the media feeding on it like vultures. So disgusting.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
He's commenting on Columbine.

He is a very intelligent person, most people don't know that about him.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Wow lol yes I did read it.

Sorry for the mixup I fixed it but yeah I thought it could be applied to the whole shootings situation

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
He spoke well but dont think ill ever have 1 of my signatures ending with -Marilyn Manson

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Still an interesting read regardless of it being 13 years old.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

This article is an intelligent response by a very educated man. You may not like his music (which I think is lively with plenty of thought behind it), but this speech is amazing. He is spot on about America and the media. Celebrities whom use their fame to say what we are all thinking but don't have the guts to say it out loud always get my vote of approval. He did an interview with 20/20 after Columbine. All should take a look at that. He is NOT the devil, he is actually a momma;s boy from a good Jewish family. His "style" is plainly for show and just money in the bank .

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiouscanadian777
He's commenting on Columbine.

He is a very intelligent person, most people don't know that about him.

Hes intelligent enough to hijack Charles Mansons personality and ideas

he even stole his last name

for more info watch old Charlie Manson interviews and then read the article, you will come to realise how much of a douchebag Marilyn is

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

From the above posted article:

A lot of people forget or never realize that I started my band as a criticism of these very issues of despair and hypocrisy. The name Marilyn Manson has never celebrated the sad fact that America puts killers on the cover of Time magazine, giving them as much notoriety as our favorite movie stars. From Jesse James to Charles Manson, the media, since their inception, have turned criminals into folk heroes. They just created two new ones when they plastered those dip-#s Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris' pictures on the front of every newspaper. Don't be surprised if every kid who gets pushed around has two new idols.

edit on 15-12-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: correction

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiouscanadian777

From the above posted article:

A lot of people forget or never realize that I started my band as a criticism of these very issues of despair and hypocrisy. The name Marilyn Manson has never celebrated the sad fact that America puts killers on the cover of Time magazine, giving them as much notoriety as our favorite movie stars. From Jesse James to Charles Manson, the media, since their inception, have turned criminals into folk heroes. They just created two new ones when they plastered those dip-#s Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris' pictures on the front of every newspaper. Don't be surprised if every kid who gets pushed around has two new idols.

edit on 15-12-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: correction

YEAH, exactly what charles manson says in one of his interviews

watch from 3:40

and i quote what he said

"If you knew what the hell was going on in your own system, then you’d say, “Now I see what’s creating this. Society’s creating It. Society’s saying we want these Rambos, we want these killers. Oh wow man, look at that dude there. And you got little kids looking in the book. What are they selling? In the Sear & Roebuck: Rambo for 12 to 15. Ki Karate from age 5 to17. See, you got all your kids out here doing these crazy things now you want to come and say “Charlie Manson is the father of our country. We’re convicting you for being Jesus Christ. We’re convicting you for being the devil. We’re convicting you for being responsible for our actions.”

same thing, he says society/media puts attention on killers and violence and rambos

trust me, i studied the two and Marilyn is a complete fake

Marilyn rips all Charles Mansons theories and ideas and projects it on himself

Marilyn is a fake!

in reality he looks up to charles manson, to him charlie is like a father figure, he copies everything about him

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

How have you come to that conclusion, because they both have similar thoughts on media? Millions of people have come to the same conclusions, they don't need to repeat the ideas of another as some form of idol worship as you suggest.

I think you need to learn the difference between idolisation and education. For example, Marilyn Manson also studied Nazism, Hitler, Satanism, Nietzsche, all kinds of subjects and historical characters with a connection to social issues, politics, propaganda and media.

And, FYI, I was a fan of Manson for over a decade (pre EMDM), I have written about him, read almost everything he wrote as an artist up until the release of the EMDM album. I have also read several books about Charles Manson and his "family".

I happen to agree with much of what Marilyn Manson says about religion, media, culture and society in general, and that's because I educate myself with more than the latest BS pop culture trash designed to do nothing more than occupy the senses.

This piece by Manson is spot on. It's about the hypocrisy of society and selective morality, about selfishness, Human nature and the psychology of the masses.

You can try to discredit it all you like, but you cannot claim that he is merely repeating the ramblings of a drug addled madman quoted from sound-bites.

The piece is as relevant now as it was back then. I can say that because yesterday I watched the news and saw so-called journalists interviewing ten year old children who had just experienced the most traumatic event of their short lives, getting them to repeat themselves, encouraging them to describe the horror for their viewers to lap up like vampires.

You could almost imagine the sick reporter calculating the ratings if he could only get the little kid to cry.

That's the reality of your sick media. In most other countries the citizens would be screaming at those news broadcasters for being so f'ing twisted, but in good old America anything is acceptable for the ratings and entertainment - even the torturing of a little boy.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Okay, if you have studied it, I won't argue with you about it, as I have not studied it. Thanks for the comments.

edit to add: DetachedIndividual makes some excellent points.

edit on 15-12-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: add comment

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Well said! I watched Marilyn Manson on "Politically Incorrect" years ago and it changed my perception of him completely! A lot of his music relates his views of exactly the things you have mentioned.

And yes, SuperGranny listens to her Marilyn Manson CD when she drives on the Interstate- surprise!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
He made an appearance in Bowling For Columbine, a film by Michael Moore that I would definitely recommend even if you hate Mr. Moore.

Anyone who sees M Manson speaking on these issues tends to agree that he's clearly an articulate and intelligent person, and puts a great deal of thought into these events.

He might come across as some "evil" Satanist, but he's first and foremost an entertainer. He's Human, all the rest is pomp and ceremony designed to create his character.

We look back on the work of Ozzy now and see that he was a real performer, underneath all of that is a nice guy, a loving family man, a funny guy and someone you know you would be able to call a friend if you had the chance. IMO, M Manson is the same, and maybe in another twenty years people will see that he's not some psychopathic Satanist after all.

Here's the interview in the documentary. The final comments are the most important I think, but the whole discussion is an interesting one.

new topics

top topics

join