It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why are my messages opened before i read them??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a few times now, iv noticed that my messages are shown as opened

normally i get a large box saying new messages...or i see on my ribbon below, the term "messages" is bold & highlighted

when i go to my inbox...the message is also bold and highlighted

but today i found a message "dull and unhighlighted"....this means its been opened right!?

i will appreciate some feedback here

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

There is a link round here somewhere that explains it better and I am on ATS LIVE right now so it's hard to search but it happens because the sender has looked at the message before you read it.

It happens to me about a dozen times a week.

link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

If the sender opens it in their outbox, before you open it in your inbox, it will be seen as "read".

link   
This is a surprisingly common issue that pops up around ATS. The reason for which is simple – When you send a PM to another member, say for example If I was to send a PM to you here, and then I was to immediately go to my outbox, if the PM had not yet been read by you I would notice that It would show up for me as being bolded. If I was to then click on it from my outbox you will no longer see the "new message" icon and the PM will now show up as already being read for you by someone else, in this example me, the sender.

Going to your outbox and looking for the PM to go from bolded to un-bolded, but without clicking on it, is also a good tracking system to check on whether someone has read your PM’s.. as soon as they read it, It will no longer be bolded for you, the same as It will no longer be bolded for them if you was to click it.

Edit: High five for mod team work.

edit on 15-12-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
ok thank you

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I'm a slow one today, sorry, nevermind.

edit on (12/15/1212 by loveguy because: (no reason given)

top topics

join