It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flights Increase to Apocalypse Safe Zones around December 21 Doomsday

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
End of the World 2012

Looks like not only have the number of flights increased to designated "safe zones" but also the hotels are cashing in too due to the Dec. 21,2012 prophesy.

Nothing like capitalizing on Fear......Fear of the Unknown.

With the Mayan calendar coming to an end on December 21, many doomsday believers think that means the end of the world is coming. Some are doing what they can to survive the supposed apocalypse, so they're heading to places that the believe will protect them on doomsday. Searches for flights to places like Bugarach, France and Sirince, Turkey have significantly increased.

According to The Telegraph, which cites Skyscanner, flights to the south of France are up by 41 percent for the week before Dec. 21. compared to the same week last year. Flights to Sirince, Turkey is up by 30 percent. "We were surprised to see how big an increase there has been in searches for flights to the South of France and to Izmir in Turkey leading up to the 21st December: the date of the Mayan prophecy," Victoria Bailie said.

TRAVELERS TODAY

In addition in an increase in flights, the demand for hotels is high, so hotel prices are higher than usual. In Sirince, Turkey, hotel prices have faced an increase from $58 to $1690.

In Bugarach, some residents are renting out their houses for up to $1,600 a night. Many are heading there as they believe the Pic de Bugarach mountain holds aliens inside who will take humans with them as they abandon the earth when it ends.

Wonder if they'll hike the prices up in the restaurants and grocery stores, that is, while they still have power?

If nothing happens, then the people can come back and say they had one hell of a vacation...

Think they'll feel silly when nothing happens?

Nothing will happen...........right??

[sarcasm]

edit on 15-12-2012 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
What about flights to Denver, Montana and the Ozarks? Curious how the numbers stack up.

Family and I heading to Disney world.

To have a great Xmas or to hide in the underground city? Hmmmmm?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
We were warned.

Bah! Everything will be fine...right?

link   
I wonder what gives these people the idea that France or Turkey are going to be any safer than where they are now?

Given the fact that Turkey is positioning Patriot missiles to defend itself against Syria it seems to me that is one of the last places you would be headed to stay "safe".

link   
Wait a minute there are safe zones? I thought if anything this Doomsday would be global? Therefore there could really be no safe zones? Honestly I think the main thing that will happen is that there will be a lot of drunk people perhaps on the day before, on and perhaps after. Maybe all three.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
What about flights to Denver, Montana and the Ozarks? Curious how the numbers stack up.

I say go to have fun....Disney World sounds great.

Have a good time....

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Thanks Snarky.....hope you enjoy "the end" also.

Everything will be fine.

Right?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
As I said before, and as it was during the Thanksgiving Holidays ... It's the HOLIDAYS.
People TRAVEL during X-Mas, and because they do so, there are going to be elevated demographics in the number of travelers.

Holidays = More travelers.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evildead
We were warned.

Bah! Everything will be fine...right?

Evidently so.....

Even Hollywood is getting prepared for next years doom and gloom movies.....

December 15, 2013 – CINEMA – For people recovering from the hangover of a 2012 Mayan apocalypse, the coming year provides no panacea from the pandemic of fear sweeping the world about doomsday. Perhaps, it also goes with saying that Hollywood is doing very little to ease human phobias about the destruction of the lone blue, habitable planet, at the edge of the galaxy, called Earth. 2013 brings a slew of dystopian and apocalyptic films that sees Earth laid to waste; not once, but over and over again.

It appears someone forgot to tell Hollywood the apocalypse was officially canceled by NASA

theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

I hope we're still here, cause some of the movies coming out sound good and I want to go see them!

Strictly for the entertainment, of course......

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Oh goodness. I hope you wouldn't be going to orlando to hide underground. I was curious so I looked. The Magic Kingdom sure isn't the Mile High Kingdom. It sits just 92 feet above Sea Level. I suppose if that Island in the Atlantic that shall not be named (wouldn't want to jinx anything) were to choose that day to give way ... Well, Get to the top of the Castle with something that floats!

Seriously, I should call around or probably drive around (they are probably getting calls from everywhere) and ask just what occupancy rate is here since it's as much a major city of the ozarks as anywhere. Hmmm...

Maybe I'll do that and a thread on it either way now that I think about it.

edit on 15-12-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

As I said before, and as it was during the Thanksgiving Holidays ... It's the HOLIDAYS.
People TRAVEL during X-Mas, and because they do so, there are going to be elevated demographics in the number of travelers.

Holidays = More travelers.

Not according to the article link provided.....

They would be more in the know than you or I .
They are referring to past flights during the same holiday time.
But now you have holiday travelers as well as the people who are suffering from the Dec.21 phobia.

Just going by the reports, that's all.....

ETA: This is NOT the norm for these 2 villages

Both villages are capitalising on their sudden fame, with prices at hotel rooms in Şirince, a village in Selçuk with a population of 570, increasing from anywhere between 100 – 500 TL to 3,000 TL, according to a Turkish news agency. Şirince is considered special as some believe it to be the birthplace of the Greek goddess Artemis and also the place where Mary, the mother of Jesus, ascended to heaven.

Meanwhile residents in Bugarach, an even smaller village of 179 in the French Pyrenees, are reportedly offering their houses for rent at $1,600 a night.

The mayor, Jean-Pierre Delord, has previously expressed concerns about the village being "flooded from all the corners of the earth". In an attempt to prevent pandemonium local authorities have banned UFO watchers and light aircraft from the flat topped mountain of Pic de Bugarach.

Definitely does not have any thing to do with holidays...
Only their beliefs of Dec.21, as crazy as they may seem to us, the people themselves believe the fear of it.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I don't know a single person with any plans other than staying out of public places and crazy people. There should be some great sales on guns and survival supplies coming up real soon. All those fools that dumped all their money into prepping are gonna need some cash. I

With the exception of a few crazy people December 21st will come and go like any other day..

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystiqueAgent
Wait a minute there are safe zones? I thought if anything this Doomsday would be global? Therefore there could really be no safe zones? Honestly I think the main thing that will happen is that there will be a lot of drunk people perhaps on the day before, on and perhaps after. Maybe all three.

I think they need to clarify "safe zones"....

Is it from Mother Nature, WW3, Zombies, Solar Flares, deadly virus......
ETA: Aliens.......can't forget about them.

They could have been a little more specific, don't you think??

We'll all have fun posting here on Dec.22 .......that's for sure.

Some will have major hangovers tho.....

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I consider my living room to be an Apocalypse safe zone. There will be pizza, popcorn and Christmas cookies baking at the Stardust home come Friday evening.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus
I don't know a single person with any plans other than staying out of public places and crazy people. There should be some great sales on guns and survival supplies coming up real soon. All those fools that dumped all their money into prepping are gonna need some cash. I

With the exception of a few crazy people December 21st will come and go like any other day..

I don't know of any body either.
We all joke about it but that's about it.

We're still going to have our usual get together with family/friends.
Same ol', same ol' I guess for us......

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
I consider my living room to be an Apocalypse safe zone. There will be pizza, popcorn and Christmas cookies baking at the Stardust home come Friday evening.

Oh, oh.....Can I come???

I likes pizza........hold the anchovies and black olives please.
And I'll bring hot pockets in case beezzer shows up.....

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

reply to post by snarky412

Thanks Snarky.....hope you enjoy "the end" also.

Everything will be fine.

Right?

NASA says there is nothing to worry about so we should be okay.

Go have fun......see ya on the flip side!

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Hopefully it won't be a tsunami.......but any if th other disasters should work!

Otherwise ground zero in the land if Mickey is a heck of a way to go......maybe I'll be on the Tower of Terror at the time!

Just kidding, I'm praying just in case!

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by snarky412

Originally posted by MystiqueAgent

I think they need to clarify "safe zones"....

Is it from Mother Nature, WW3, Zombies, Solar Flares, deadly virus......

They could have been a little more specific, don't you think??

We'll all have fun posting here on Dec.22 .......that's for sure.

Some will have major hangovers tho.....

Haha they definitely need to, but I bet a lot of places have some save havens that is just full of money at this moment.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

Well, there is an upside to the Happiest Place on Earth. It's the best stocked place on Earth too. Once all the panicky people have panic'ed and left to join all the other panic'ed idiots jamming up the roadways and interstates ....You'll be in the land of plenty.

Just handcuff the bean counters to the Tower of Terror for about 20 hours on continuous repeat cycle and tell them you'll make it days straight if they say another word about charging in a disaster.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join