It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fetal Cells in Pepsi?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Aborted fetus cells in Pepsi. Yes, you heard right... Read on, you won't believe it:/

Can you provide some clarity to the Pepsi/cells from aborted babies controversy. I cannot sort out whether this is valid or not.

Yes and No

Bottom line: There are no aborted embryonic or fetal cells in any of PepsiCo’s final products. But: Aborted cells are used in the development of artificial flavor enhancers by biotech company Senomyx, with which PepsiCo signed a four-year, $30 million agreement in 2010 for research and development. No Pepsi products containing Senonymx flavor enhancers should be expected until 2013. Senomyx’s disputed cell line is HEK-293, derived from the kidney cells of an aborted baby. We could go into the weeds at this point, but Wikipedia offers an easy explanation: Senomyx develops patented flavor enhancers by using “proprietary taste receptor-based assay systems.” These receptors are made from HEK293. HEK stands for Human Embryonic Kidney cells. These cells, which were cloned, originally came from healthy, electively aborted human embryos. Using information from the human genome sequence, Senomyx has identified hundreds of taste receptors and currently owns 113 patents on their discoveries.

PepsiCo will continue their efforts to keep the controversy quiet, but the pro-life community’s boycott of Pepsi products and exposing the outrage isn’t going to lose its fizz anytime soon. Here’s what I need you to do. BOYCOTT Pepsi products. Tell PepsiCo why you’re boycotting their products . Let others know by leaving a comment on the company’s Facebook page. Post comments on your own Facebook and Twitter pages. The only way to stop this atrocity is if you and I make enough noise. Together, we must put PepsiCo under the spotlight and expose their willingness to make money off the bodies of aborted babies.

Full story here-> Life Sight News

Wow... All I have to say is this... What???

I know your not supposed to believe everything you see or read, but who makes up this kind of stuff?

What do you all think?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I feel sick now...I think I will just stick to the juices that I drank as a kid I feel like I should run to the store right now and stock up on it. I never even knew such a thing about this existed thank you for bringing this to light. S&F

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Xquizit

Do you work for Coca-Cola? Anyway, I used to drink Pepsi (when I was a total moron), but I gave up all soda many years ago. Haven't missed it, even for a moment.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Lol. No I don't work for Coka Cola... I actually drink Pepsi... and lots of it

Looks like I'll be changing my taste buds to none caffeinated sodas from now on

edit on 15-12-2012 by Xquizit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
You know...whenever I hear stuff like this pertaining to questionable and flat-out gross ingredients being put into soft drinks, I always think of a particular episode of Futurama from one of its earliest seasons. Basically, Fry and the gang are at the production facility of the most popular soft drink in the galaxy, I think it was called Slurm or something like that. Noone knows the ingredients used to make it, until this trip, when they find out that the drink is basically an excrement from a large slug-like creature. Even when seeing this and being grossed out by it, Fry still drinks the stuff. Satire at its finest.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Xquizit

I'm just like an animal or a bird or some kind of insect - I just drink water. Juices sometimes. But I drank soda for so long I must have kept a couple people employed. I'd drink so much Pepsi that I'd have one just before going to bed and it wouldn't deter me from falling asleep. Dr. Pepper was pretty good too, and some great Root Beer. All those things probably gave me headaches. I was so dumb that I'm surprised I graduated grammar school.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
pepsi signing a 4 year contract with this sick demonic company can be fact checked.

that's what society has come down to, using aborted human cells to flavour pop drinks.

what possible use can aborted cells have on a flavour.

what's wrong with natural sugars.

kids getting massacred, aborted cells used to flavour soda, and people doubt the existence of the devil, demons and evil.

wake up. while you don't want to even consider the notion of this possibility, the human race is being exterminated, corrupted and destroyed.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Is this new?

It's been around for awhile.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

Really? Wish I would have known this a while ago. Yuck

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

If so it seems like something that should have been broadcasted before or at least stated so people would know about it, but then again...For such a thing to happen...

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I knew there was a reason I don't drink soda , I just didn't know what it was till now . Seriously , I'm pretty disgusted by this . Thank you for pointing it out .

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Gross

This has actually been around for awhile now.

Check out this story about Gummi bears

Gelatin made with human DNA will make snacks safer

In 2011, scientists in Beijing reported on a method of creating large amounts of gelatin by inserting human DNA fragments into yeast. Human DNA-derived gelatin has actually been in use for a while, in vaccine preparation and the gel caps that many over the counter drugs come in. This method created such large quantities of gelatin that it would be practical to use it for more common consumer goods like candy and baking supplies.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MagicWand67

Everything is making me not want to eat or drink or just overall not consume anymore. This is all kind of sickening and I wasn't feeling that well today to begin with.
Though really Human DNA..?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
This thread almost made me spit my Pepsi out onto my keyboard. Honestly. Now I am sitting here, suspiciously eyeing my beverage.

As I try to wrap my mind around how anyone, either at Pepsi, or even in a lab could think this is a good idea??? I am left only with the thought that some of the folks who work in labs need to socialize a LOT more.

~tWiTcH~

~Heff

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
They are doing this on purpose, to dump enormous karma on people, in their minds. Its beyond belief evil and we must take our food production back and not have to buy these products. Form local groups, with those who need businesses, and get co-op partnerships going, and pass the hat and create healthy ethical free enterprise and do away with corporate monopolies on FOOD.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

This thread almost made me spit my Pepsi out onto my keyboard. Honestly. Now I am sitting here, suspiciously eyeing my beverage.

You actually made me laugh out loud... Scared my teenager in the process eating a darn popsicle and dropped it on the floor... Thanks
edit on 15-12-2012 by Xquizit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I have just researched this online and found out that the company uses these cell lines to act as a taste receptor cell. Certain chemicals are then introduced to this receptor cell line to see what the cells do.

This is done to find chemicals that will interact with a persons own taste receptor cells.

The cell line derived from a fetus, is just the research and development side of finding a chemical that will be tasty .

No cells, no fluids of cells, no fetus parts or anything part of this cell line " HEK " is in the actual Pepsi product.

So now we can start to drink away again without getting really weird cannibal thoughts.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
This news is incredible. I don't consider myself a naive person, but this totally blindsided and dumbfounded me. So, what else goes on, behind closed doors, concerning the foodstuffs we consume in this country? I will try to be more informed and vigilant in the future, but it's very difficult when one's own government is an accessory to the fact.
OP, thanks for this thread.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
OLD NEWS. Only reason people care about this right now is the fire retardant thing. lol

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostyMew

Please excuse me, I'm new to this news. What fire retardant?

edit on 15-12-2012 by QueSeraSera because: wrong word

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join