It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I have become after 10 years of being a Christian Mystic....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I've become completely detached from this world and all of its programming. I see a human being not as a person and do not judge by their gender, race, or behavior, but see most as souls operating in physical vehicles. See the soul as an extension of the One.

I no longer have nationalism and see all relativity as duality illusion. The One has become Many.

While others quip and argue, I see Universes revolving above my head. I experience states of "No I" where there is no longer any me. Huge bouts of compassion and Love for my fellow travelers (or possibly prisoners) on the earth realm.

Popping in and out of the physical body, I no longer fear death and am ready for it daily.

I have since found that Nonduality applies to me, as does Mysticism and the Buddhist teachings amongst many others. There is an entire Universe of Consciousness awaiting each individual if they simply go within. Things that I was already experiencing as a Christian, were things the Buddhists were talking about, specifically a Universal detachment via the Dark Night of the Soul (A real experience as well)

To those who don't know about these direct experiences or are atheists, I have love, compassion, and a complete understanding of the biased programming which you have been fed.

I now Live in a timeless, Transcendent, Present moment, that is endlessly Alive, inherent in all things, and is a living and accessible Beingness.

I see this as the next inevitable step in our evolution here, as in this state, war, hatred, greed, and the lower animalistic and egotistical impulses are transcended for a higher state. We might even get there technologically, when scientists invent Spirituality machines to tap into all of this.

Also have experienced that there really is no "Christian, Buddhist, Atheist, etc etc" all labels.

Anyway, I recently watched the movie based on the comic The Watchmen, and saw that I've become similar in attitude and thought to the character Dr. Manhattan(minus the powers):

edit on 15-12-2012 by dominicus because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-12-2012 by dominicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Do you shave your chest Dr. Manhattan, or is it some sort of depilatory cream you use? I've noticed when I make my superhero chest smooth by shaving , I sometimes get superhero ingrown hairs. There is nothing worse than a superhero ingrown hair

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Congratulations on completing the first step to being a human. Now to start working towards fixing the real problems we face on earth as a collection of beings together! Staying in an ethereal state will not be conducive to helping humanity. It's time to get to work.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Make dr manhattan your new avatar pic

No labels, finally someone that understands me

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
You've just gotta love a hippy/super hero rant!........only on ATS!

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ezekielken
Do you shave your chest Dr. Manhattan, or is it some sort of depilatory cream you use? I've noticed when I make my superhero chest smooth by shaving , I sometimes get superhero ingrown hairs. There is nothing worse than a superhero ingrown hair

always enjoy a good joke to ease off the seriousness of it all. Nevertheless, universes above our heads

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

So you've become a pretentious, Holier than thou blue person?

Awesome.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Christian mystic? Like Padre Pio? Not many of those critters around. I know Robert Anton Wilson called himself an agnostic mystic. Nice work with the stuff you've been doing, and now that you've become what you are, time to party!

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Awesome.

pretentious is a vice of the ego, its a trap that can be seen through. Holier than thou is an illusion and also a thought of the ego, which is not who I am...... (a spiritual based ego emerged in the 2nd-3rd year, and then was pointed out and let go of)

Love for all, compassion, detachment, not from here ....none of us are from here. Everyone and no one is holier than everyone and no one. It's the next evolutionary step ......even when your physical vessel turns to dust, afterwords you to shall be in these states, knowing these things..... yet it's all accessible while here in this physical realm

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Wow sounds like someone needs to lay off the weed and maybe get a job, some friends...

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
What you have experienced is the destiny of the human race, should we choose to no longer fight it. Congratulations on beating the curve. Perhaps you should give lessons. Ignore the haters, you already know you're on the right path. They are programmed by this world, you are not.

edit on 15-12-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
In spite of my humor, I hope you are right. Trust me, the ping in my forehead is more than I can fathom at times. Now if only everyone could settle their dust.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Hmmmmm....... refreshing. Nice to see another enlightened individual.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by nolongerblind
Hmmmmm....... refreshing. Nice to see another enlightened individual.

hey,
nice avatar by the way.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Awesome.

Your projection/assumption has actually inspired a thread that perhaps you can join and back up the above assumption.
Why do people assume One to be egotistical & pretentious if they've had various Spiritual Experience?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I do not dismiss the spiritual experiences. but metaphysics is not just limited to God or truth there are Lucifer and it's soldiers after deceiving me and you ! yes humanity can step beyond this limited world but for exploring an unknown world it needs a light a guidance or a leader !
religions are not just labels. they are the guidance the light. so regard it as an advice from a friend. stick to monotheistic religions. those who have emanated from the only truth the only God. you do not need Buddhism. every person can experience such things but are all of them right ! are all of them near the truth ! what if they are deceived by satan !
I regard monotheistic religions as the bases as the first classes where people learn that 2 plus 2 becomes 4 but nobody can go to university and deduce that 2 plus 2 becomes 10 !

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by maes2

religions are not just labels. they are the guidance the light. so regard it as an advice from a friend. stick to monotheistic religions.

actually buddhism is just a label. It's basically a set on instructions and blueprints on what happens when you meditate and penetrate the inner realms, freeing one's self from the illusions of the ego mind. Very simple actually. It's ignorant and uneducated Westernized Dogmatic Christians who usually say such things as, "Anything that's not of the Bible, is of the Devil."

those who have emanated from the only truth the only God.

I believe Buddhism is in a way montheistic. Buddha didn't want to use the word "God" as any word, thought, idea, imagination of or about God, is not the same as God itself. He talked about an Absolute State, Buddhahood, Supreme state, which would be in the vein of directly experiencing God, or Union w/ God, or Christhood, Enlightenment, etc

you do not need Buddhism. every person can experience such things but are all of them right !

There are things I've learned in Buddhism that I would have never learned in watered down westernized dogmatic Christianity. I've learned about the ego, it's tricks and illusions, the signals and animalism of the physical body, various aspects of psychology and quieting the ego mind which ravages like a lion dealing in assumptions and projections, and various other awesome facts which has enriched my relationship to God, Jesus, etc

are all of them near the truth ! what if they are deceived by satan !

Buddhism is very practical, factual, experiential, logical, and reasonable.

The thought of a rock, is not the same as an actual physical rock, so who you think you are, is not who you are.

It's as simple as the above statement. The above statement is Logic, reason, and is not owned by any religion nor does it have to do with satan. If you can unravel the above Koan, you will experience an Absolute Truth, and Absolute Beingness (same one Jesus talked about when he said that he and the father are one)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
well I did not mean that we should dismiss truths just because of labels for example Christianity or Islam or Buddhism or even atheism. I just wanted to say that religions can affect our worldviews and the process of mysticism.
for example a mysticism of a buddhist may lead to that there are many Gods in this world. even I have seen some mysticism mystics who claimed such things while these are not logical and these are contrary to monotheistic religions which are emanated from one source. the only God.
and I am amazed that you can not find real mystics among christians. becoming free of egos is the main part of monotheistic religions.
we need monotheistic religions to test our explorations in the unknown world of metaphysics. so any findings which are contrary to wisdom and monotheistic religions are wrong. for example if someone reaches to this point that there are many Gods in this world he should know that something is wrong.

mysticism can be a dangerous way !

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Dominicus,

If you don't mind me asking, what do you do for a living? I would imagine that living in a state that you describe would make it difficult to perform certain jobs.

Eric

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by EricD

Dominicus,

If you don't mind me asking, what do you do for a living? I would imagine that living in a state that you describe would make it difficult to perform certain jobs.

Eric

I do various jobs, mostly seasonal work (spring and fall) welding, heat treating bearings, working with metals, building tiny houses (still in progress) , and other small odd jobs when they come up (home improvement).

If I know I;m going off on a long term job, or something that's going to take a few weeks, I do plenty of grounding like a big meal at an indian food buffet, walk barefoot, just working with wood and the lements helps too.

Other than that, I hold dear precious off time to dissolve into the realms within (though that's all works in progress as well)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join