Gas Prices still falling, must be Obama's fault

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

He can lift the regs at home and get us away from OPEC.

We need to be self reliant and no one has the balls to do it.

And why not? Those people ate us anyway, why keep buying from them?

Because everyone is afraid of the tree huggers and their multi million dollar lobby's.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Don't call me a liar, I know what I pay:

www.albanygasprices.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Here are all the prices as of December 7, 2012...... What is the average if the low is $3.10 and the high is $4.03?

Yahoo is fibbing a wee bit.

money.cnn.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

Yahoo lies..... Still paying $3.78 a gallon

Gas is as low as $3.15 here, Yahoo isn't the one lying.

It's $3.03 here right now.

Doesn't mean the guy is lying. It means the average cost of gas for his area is higher. Even if prices went down to $2.50 it's no unreasonable to expect that his area would pay what I'm paying now.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by NinjaKitteh

You do know Obama and the media blamed Bush for high gas prices, right?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by NinjaKitteh
OK, now all the people who blasted him for the high prices and swore to high heaven that the President was responsible for feul prices can come on now and say he has no control over them and give the credit to someone else.
Short-term changes in gas prices have no power to give evidence to anything. Wait a while, until Peace Noble Prize winner Obama will through the first nuclear bomb since 1945 on Iran, then you will have your high gas prices. (Ok, that's cynical, I admit)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Now if I had a job and health insurance I could buy a car and gas.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
So just west of Fort Worth Tx , the price of gas has fallen to $2.88 yet the same station is raping diesel users at $3.99 . The stations that are doing this are located along Interstate 20 and if you travel less than 5 miles away from the interstate in any direction the price drops at least 10 cents for diesel but stays the same for gas . We are being gouged for price yet you dont hear about anyone filing price gouging complaints anymore . Why is this ? Have we all just accepted we are getting screwed and there is nothing we can do ? How much more of this will society actually accept before we all wake up and realize what is really happening ?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by GhostLancer

No. No. Nooooo...

You forget.

This is how it works: If there is a FAILURE, then it is President Obama's fault. If there is a success, then he has NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. See how it works?

and I assume the same goes for a Republican President, right?

Come on now, not fooling anyone here.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I know they will drop from 1.80 to just over $3 thats fantastic.....

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

S&F! About time some one notices!
Why does this stuff get by so many people?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Incredible, you really have not clue how the government works, neither how the oil markets work, and Wall Street or you think that most ATSers are idiots.

perhaps you need to research and learn how the US markets are the ones that keep the oil prices with the charade of speculators.

Obama have nothing to do with oil prices but I guess you have not idea how this work either.

Rest assure that the anomaly will correct "itself" with the help of speculators again, and that after another gift of 80 billion dollars a month for the QEs from the Fed to wall Street bankers the Markets will make sure somebody get penny change for their tax generosity

But I imagine you know everything of what goes on politics right now, right? and this thread is just a joke.
edit on 16-12-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Ok...I am sure we are all happy to see the price of gas come down. Funny we are all happy to see, close to $3.20 a gal. Why ? Are we hardened to the point. Somebody is still making a butt load of money off of us. I never belived gas should have been this high. Remember the coffee shortage ? Coffee went way up, do to a bad season. But it never went back down. Hmm

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Gas is still almost double the price per gallon compared to the day Obama took office. No one, anywhere, believes necessarily LOWER energy prices is something Obama desires, LOL.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by oldkawguy

Actually the coffee was a scam played by the markets against the consumers, I did an ATS thread that showed that the coffee scare was nothing but a scam, it was not shortage at all and the scam fell out of grace when people realized that the south American growers were actually with surplus not shortage

Now let me give you a tip, China is going to take the quality coffee from the south American growers away, China is to introduce their own cheap quality coffee into the US markets thanks to Folgiers and Starbucks million dollar investments

And they don't have to tell you that the coffee is cheap and the lower of quality, but they will sell it to you like it was the best South American quality.

The coffee will be in the US markets next year low Arabica coffee.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
how can it be, his hes to dumb to know anything about oil. the prices are just going down do to less use. when the east coast is back to 100 % and people start traveling again they will be right back to 4.00. theres nothing new to this price gouge its the same damn thing every 10-20 years. trumped up war, they tell us prices went up because of war. war ends. prices stay the same. we are never going to see 2.00 or less gas ever again and that was just ten years ago. yet on the other hand. the world economy has found tons of new reserves under our own country , under many seas, and now add to that new methods such as fracking freeing up natural gas to be used instead of gas/oil so why the hell is it not 2.00 or less again?

because thats the way THE THEY planned it. now we'll hear about this fiscal cliff omg ZOMG what will we ever do. its gonna add like a total of 2.5k a year that wasnt supposed to be there in the first place(to middle income families). yah sure its a chunk of change but is it the end of world. nope but if they can make you believe it is, well they can just keep inflating those prices. lol
edit on 16-12-2012 by ~widowmaker~ because: bunnies
edit on 16-12-2012 by ~widowmaker~ because: bunnies

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by sprtpilot
Gas is still almost double the price per gallon compared to the day Obama took office. No one, anywhere, believes necessarily LOWER energy prices is something Obama desires, LOL.

compared to the day obama took office?? really?? you still use this as an arguement?....never mind all the days and weeks and months before obama took office, right?
as many have said before me in this thread, and verified on a grand scale, presidents have little to do with gas prices, period.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

And they don't have to tell you that the coffee is cheap and the lower of quality, but they will sell it to you like it was the best South American quality.

The coffee will be in the US markets next year low Arabica coffee.

i think they already have begun doing that as of last year. almost all major brands taste stale. well at least starbucks and choc full of nuts. weve started adding 2 extra scoops because it taste watered down. ill have to start getting them shiiped again if it keeps up . store brand taste like crap too (self grind)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ~widowmaker~

I believe that the coffee from China is lowest quality Arabica Coffee, it doesn't have competition in flavor when it comes to South American coffee as it happens to be in various degree of quality and always the highest.

I know that Forgiers and Starbucks are the ones that invested the millions of dollars on this enterprise it kinds of make you wonder if the two are one and the same.

China has been serving coffee for a few years already in their westernized restaurants and coffee houses, but by law it has to be Coffee from China.

Now I am no sure if other brands has joined in and they will be selling the Coffee also.

I asked my local Starbuck about this and they said that if I ask what type of coffee I am drinking they will have to tell me and as a consumer I have the right to ask for a specific brand if I want too, that means south American brand.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by littled16

He can lift the regs at home and get us away from OPEC.

We need to be self reliant and no one has the balls to do it.

And why not? Those people ate us anyway, why keep buying from them?

Because everyone is afraid of the tree huggers and their multi million dollar lobby's.

I am no fan of Obama, and I agree in the sense that he has the power to allow more oil drilling permits. But I think that after the BP oilspill there is little to no chance of him either allowing more permits or opening up new areas for drilling. I believe that it would be the same no matter WHO is president though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join