Gas Prices still falling, must be Obama's fault

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Yahoo lies..... Still paying $3.78 a gallon

Gas is as low as $3.15 here, Yahoo isn't the one lying.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

Yahoo lies..... Still paying $3.78 a gallon

Gas is as low as $3.15 here, Yahoo isn't the one lying.

Agreed, I saw it at 2.99 earlier this week in one of the larger cities I went through.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by NinjaKitteh

Ultimately you are right about this being a game of how far they can put it to us before we squeal. Each time, it's a bit more and more and more. Each time they go too far, they go back down a bit in prices..and the 2nd or 3rd time hitting the same spot, there isn't a squeal. You hit it dead on there.

At this rate, they'll have their $5 a gallon and without a complaint by 2016. We'll have seen it above that by then and welcome the 'lower' $5. Ugh... ain't the new reality grand?

By politics on this, I wouldn't see that as a red and blue type of politics for the reference, but the way the decisions from the Oval Office (regardless of party) filter down through the chain and across the world in a hundred different ways to effect the decisions those directly changing prices make at a given time.

No, I wouldn't call it right or left. I'd call it old vs. new world order. There was a point under Clinton where I saw $0.79 gasoline here. That was mid 90's. It wasn't until Bush that SO much changed including the general $20-$30 per barrel prices blowing to God knows what from one month to the next. Obama has simply been an extension of whatever changed on all levels after 9/11, IMO. Taxing fuel just added to everything to make a bad thing so much worse..but that's another thread entirely,

(I'll still credit Obama with the prices dropping now though. If that works to make them keep dropping? Yup... All his credit indeed)

I think our views are very similar regardless of any political party leanings we may personally have. You are a pleasure to discuss things with as well.

You make a very good point in the politics of running things. It's not really what we generally consider politics because we focus on political parties when doing so, but there is an underlying political system that goes beyond red and blue. They manipulate and control us with their actions. They condition us to think a certain way over time. There is entirely too much control out there and they keep the red/blue divide going as a way to continue controlling us.

I think it's high time we have a new party that isn't either of the extremes. I know there are many more libertarians then there used to be. Some lean left, others lean right, but if all of them could come together and bring the "moderate" from both parties with them, we may be able to see some big changes. Of course both sides would be working against the middle, but the middle would be very large compared to the extremists on either side. It could be done and could make a difference.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Maybe his drones killed the people responsible for the high price of fuel? Nah, that can't be it. Those guys share a special handshake.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

I agree with you entirely.... I may be an old conservative, which I am in every sense...but I'm a young middle aged college student. If anyone ever got more than a general idea going in that direction, heck, I'd be happy to help if someone figured I'd be useful. If President's can have general influence on the direction of market pricing (which is what I think it comes down to) then a President from a third party could have real positive effect. The trick would just be seeing a true 3rd. Not a warped, sold out and infiltrated 2 1/2.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I went back and gave stars to everyone who has been discussing this in a civil manner. Sorry I forgot to do that in the beginning. They appear to have some value and I wanted to be sure to give them where they were appropriate. Thank you for the good discussion here, it really has been interesting for the most part. Please continue, I appreciate the good conversations going on

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

I agree with you entirely.... I may be an old conservative, which I am in every sense...but I'm a young middle aged college student. If anyone ever got more than a general idea going in that direction, heck, I'd be happy to help if someone figured I'd be useful. If President's can have general influence on the direction of market pricing (which is what I think it comes down to) then a President from a third party could have real positive effect. The trick would just be seeing a true 3rd. Not a warped, sold out and infiltrated 2 1/2.

For a short time back during the previous election when McCain was the Republican candidate, I had hoped/dreamed of a possibility of him choosing Hillary as his VP candidate and the two of them finding a way to work together to bring the moderates of both parties together.
Of course it didn't happen, but it would have been very interesting if it had.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

The only thing the president can do when it comes to gas prices is to release more oil from our reserves which will lower the price, but only temporarily. Also, I forget which one, but he can send in some government people to put a stop on gas price gouging after a natural disaster. Bush did that after Hurricanes Katrina and Rita and the gas dropped over $1.00 per gallon quick! That's about all the POTUS can do when it comes to gas prices.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donahue
too bad gas got up to that price and is now considered "low." it's funny how gas prices fluctuate so much for no apparent reason.

There is a reason, and it's simply that people don't understand the fuel market, lol. It takes roughly 3 months to refine crude oil into gasoline, so any changes in the price of crude oil should technically not effect the price of gasoline until months after the fact.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

He was waiting for people like you to bolster his image.

Wait til next Month.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

No. No. Nooooo...

You forget.

This is how it works: If there is a FAILURE, then it is President Obama's fault. If there is a success, then he has NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. See how it works?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

And a broken president may be right twice a term?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by GhostLancer

No. No. Nooooo...

You forget.

This is how it works: If there is a FAILURE, then it is President Obama's fault. If there is a success, then he has NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. See how it works?

Someone forgot their dose of Kool-Aid today.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Yeah, because defending the constitution is sooooo extreme.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

YOU brought up the Tea Party and them being extreme.....but have nothing to defend the remark.

If you don't want to be questioned don't make silly remarks.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

I don't remember the Tea Party ever protesting at soldiers funerals with signs that say "Thank God For IEDs."

Perhaps give some examples of this very stark comparison?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join