Gas Prices still falling, must be Obama's fault

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Can you believe what he's done now? He's keeps causing the gas prices to go lower and lower! Where will it end? Something has to be done to stop him or we'll be getting cheaper gas than we did 10 years ago!

news.yahoo.com...

By Monday, the national average should fall below the $3.28 a gallon that drivers paid on Jan. 1, according to analysts. The drop is a gift for those hitting the road during what is expected to be the busiest Christmas travel season in six years.

We were warned that gas prices would take a terrible turn if Obama was re-elected and they were right! When will the horror stop?!

OK, now all the people who blasted him for the high prices and swore to high heaven that the President was responsible for feul prices can come on now and say he has no control over them and give the credit to someone else. Either he controls them now or he didn't control them then, you can't have it both ways.
All the people who blamed all the economic woes on him can come back and claim somebody else is responsible for the recovery we're seeing. Either he controls it now or he didn't control it then.

Which is it?

edit on 15-12-2012 by NinjaKitteh because: still trying to figure out how to insert stuff from other places

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
He's just cooking the numbers to win reelection!

oh wait.......

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
too bad gas got up to that price and is now considered "low." it's funny how gas prices fluctuate so much for no apparent reason.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
More people with no work/less hours = less people driving = more gas = lower costs?

I dont know for sure, but thats just as reasonable as saying "Obama is president so hes responsible for lower gas even though he didnt do anything."

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Talk to me when we get back below $2/gallon. Until then, I remain unrepentant.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
In one of the pre-election debates, I could've sworn Obama argued that gas prices were so low when he first took office because the economy was on the verge of collapse...

... I could be mistaken though

Nope I'm right, here ya go...

edit on 15-12-2012 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Or, the value of our dollar is related to gas prices, and not in a positive way.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I thought it was all Iran's fault? Or maybe BP is not price gouging so much, they're feeling the holiday spirit. But that's funny, when gas prices go up, it's evil mullah Iran's fault, when they go down, it must be Obama's tears.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by NinjaKitteh

I'll be the first one to be happy about giving Obama credit where credit is due. I'm not sure what is causing them to drop. Tensions in the Middle East aren't exactly easing at the moment and I'm not aware of any major new sources coming online in the past few months. If anything, more and more talk of finite resources and the need to be green keeps flooding the discussion.

Of course.. Now that I think about it.. That could also be it. I'll give Obama the credit on this too, but the last time the U.S. really got serious about moving away from oil in deed and action, not just words, the Arabs did a 180 and made it nice and cheap again ... where it stayed nice and cheap right to 9/11 where I paid ..89 cents for a gallon of diesel in Georgia on 9/10/2001. Now, it's up in the clouds and maybe they figure they pushed it one step beyond with Obama having a second term and a free hand to DO things about lowering Oil use.

Making Oil cheaper than the alternative is the way they stopped it before. (??) Either way, yeah, I'll give Obama the credit for how cheap my gas is right now. Fair is Fair, after all.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
See what happens when he does nothing? The market corrects itself..
edit on 15-12-2012 by 11235813213455 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11235813213455
See what happens when he does nothing?
Maybe he should do more of that???

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Considering that gas usage is next to nil in seven of the fifty-seven states, it is understandable that there may be a bit of a surplus. Cue the orchestra.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I think it has more to do with the other side not obstructing as much since they lost in their battle to make him a one term president. They're recollecting their efforts and trying to figure out what to do now that they lost. They haven't had time to keep the prices up like they did before.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

That national average, 3 dollars and change, I haven't seen in over a year. National average my ass. I've been paying well over $4 for a long time now. Obama and his silly gang of criminals are crap.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Is that how you figure 2012 happened? Hmm.. I see. Half the House of Reps was up as they always are with 2 year seats. They went overwhelmingly for the Conservative side. Governorships and Statehouses also expanded in number. It's kinda humorous too, but North Carolina elected it's first Republican Governor since 1988. This was the state the Dems had their 2012 Convention in. That's kind of embarrassing by any measure. Err..

The idea 2012 was one sided was polite to entertain for a respectful period after Obama did earn a hard fought victory. However anyone thinks of that outcome, it's the outcome and he earned it. Can't argue that. The numbers are certified and it's official. However, confusing an Electoral College Count for the Presidency with a landslide for the political process in America isn't really humorous anymore. It's showing a lack of seeing what happened, both how and why.

The nation isn't Democrat or bust .....It's pushing hard on just Bust. I wish folks wouldn't keep pushing so hard to make it so.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by tehdouglas
More people with no work/less hours = less people driving = more gas = lower costs?

I dont know for sure, but thats just as reasonable as saying "Obama is president so hes responsible for lower gas even though he didnt do anything."

The OP is employing sarcasm -- during the run of the republican clown car - there was hue and cry about the president causing the gas to go up, ergo it is only fair that he get credit for bringing prices down. This shouldn't have to be explained, but I guess that is what made the rights fact free campaign work - for a while.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Gas prices are still sky high. The small decreases we've seen recently have nothing on the increases.
True prices are more based on refining than on drilling.
If the weather was as cold as last year the price of fuel oil would be up and gas prices as well. Non-story.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Yahoo lies.....

Still paying $3.78 a gallon.

End of bush's term prices were around $1.60.......there's your reality check......bama still sucks.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Is that how you figure 2012 happened? Hmm.. I see. Half the House of Reps was up as they always are with 2 year seats. They went overwhelmingly for the Conservative side. Governorships and Statehouses also expanded in number. It's kinda humorous too, but North Carolina elected it's first Republican Governor since 1988. This was the state the Dems had their 2012 Convention in. That's kind of embarrassing by any measure. Err..

The idea 2012 was one sided was polite to entertain for a respectful period after Obama did earn a hard fought victory. However anyone thinks of that outcome, it's the outcome and he earned it. Can't argue that. The numbers are certified and it's official. However, confusing an Electoral College Count for the Presidency with a landslide for the political process in America isn't really humorous anymore. It's showing a lack of seeing what happened, both how and why.

The nation isn't Democrat or bust .....It's pushing hard on just Bust. I wish folks wouldn't keep pushing so hard to make it so.

All the Democrat and Republican stuff is so outdated. This two party system isn't working. Of course the tea party is just as bad, they're just the extreme side of the Republican party. There has to be something different out there, something that doesn't go so extreme on everything where people actually work together to make things better instead of trying to work against whatever the other side is. It's really hurting the country

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550

Originally posted by tehdouglas

The OP is employing sarcasm -- during the run of the republican clown car - there was hue and cry about the president causing the gas to go up, ergo it is only fair that he get credit for bringing prices down. This shouldn't have to be explained, but I guess that is what made the rights fact free campaign work - for a while.

Exactly.
Also, the President didn't control the prices when they were high and he's not controlling them now that they're going down. The prices are controlled by the Oil business that also uses politicians from both sides to make outrageous profits. These multi-billion dollar corporations are destroying us and are the real rulers of the country.

If people want to rail against the "powers that be", they'd be railing against the companies that control everything instead of worrying about political parties and fighting with each other. Until we all come together as one, it's not going to change.

United we stand, divided we fall. They don't want us to stand, they wouldn't make as much money if we did.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join