It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Sick and Tired of Non-Americans Getting Upset When Americans Get Upset about Non-Americans Talk

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by FinalCountdown

G,day mate. your comment about them being. our guns and you cant have them. really cracked me up. enjoyed your wit. well done.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

G,day mate great pic of 2 generations of swiss sig bang sticks. point of interest here. the top rifle was replaced by the bottom rifle and when the swiss asked what should they do with the older weapon, they were told to keep it for deer shooting. you have to love the swiss system. no one goes nuts with a weapon as everyone in the bloody street would shoot back. when the australian labour party won the federal election in 1973. the first thing they did was revoke the visa's of the swiss army officers in australia who were advising our army on how to set up a swiss style army reserve. now i cannot prove my comment. but that is what i was told by my sgt mate in intelligence corps. yeah i know, all the dum bugga's go to intelligence corps, hahaha.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
America, the land of freedom needs guns so the citizens can protect themselves form their tyrannical government and other people owning guns.The only thing is I doubt that revolution on the scale of some European countries in the recent past will ever happen in the USA, or any revolution at all for that matter, yes you may protest on Wall Street to your heart's content but that is the most revolutionary thing that will happen over there.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by adnachiel21

America, the land of freedom needs guns so the citizens can protect themselves form their tyrannical government and other people owning guns.The only thing is I doubt that revolution on the scale of some European countries in the recent past will ever happen in the USA, or any revolution at all for that matter, yes you may protest on Wall Street to your heart's content but that is the most revolutionary thing that will happen over there.

I agree - with all those guns meaningful change in the US government's treatment of it's people will never happen. Why? Because there is an innate fear that real protest - enough to effect change - will turn into a blood bath. It seems, perversely, that the average US citizen is their own jailer.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Greetings from Canada

I'm Sick and Tired of Non-Americans Getting Upset When Americans Get Upset about Non-Americans Talking About our Guns

Suck it up buttercup

They're our guns and you can't have them.

Why not?

Quit talking about them!

No.

Leave us alone with our guns dammit!

Okay.

edit on 12/16/2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by FinalCountdown
I'm Sick and Tired of Non-Americans Getting Upset When Americans Get Upset about Non-Americans Talking About our Guns

Quit talking about them!

edit on 15-12-2012 by FinalCountdown because: (no reason given)

I will talk about it as much as i want just like you americans talking about what happens in other countries.
And I would say I am sick and tired of americans that take everything as a personal attack just for having one opinion regarding for example guns.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

Originally posted by freedomSlave

fine but what the hell is the reasoning of selling assault rifles over the counter .. what possible reasoning does some one need to own one?

anyone explain this to me????//

The purpose is to have them when we need to manually regain control of our government. Think of the second amendment as a manual override switch. When the automatic, built in controls fail the second amendment stands ready.

That time should be now then..

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by humphreysjim
If everyone has the right to bear arms, what's going to happen to all the bears?

Won't somebody think of the bears?

Bears don't really have arms, they have legs.
So I'm sure the bears will be fine.
Gaawwd

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by juleol

Quit talking about them!

I will talk about it as much as i want just like you americans talking about what happens in other countries.
And I would say I am sick and tired of americans that take everything as a personal attack just for having one opinion regarding for example guns.

Fine.
But, just don't talk about our guns though.
Ok?
It's not nice. They are ours.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the point the op is trying to make is the misplaced rantings and ignorant view points "some" have on the placement of firearms in this country.
First we don't live in the "wild west" and we are not "cowboys".
Regardless of how the media portrays the US, we are not runnin' and gunnin' around every street corner.
The "assault" rifle debate is silly. It is a rifle. It may be called an assault-rifle for selling purposes or as a marketing description, but in the end it is still just a rifle. Assault is a descriptive term with annotations to do harm or violence toward another human. In most CIVILIAN hands, this is not the intended purpose. Plinking(target practice), hunting, and collecting, are primary with self protection being last resort. Do we have assault-bows? These two tools serve the same function.
Now on to another argument, if you have never shot a gun or live in a country where it is banned to own firearms(or very difficult), guns can seem very intimidating, downright scary even. So ask yourself this: do I have a full understanding of what I'm basing my opinion on, or is it based on outside factors?
What most people that have never shot a firearm do not realize is; shooting, like everything else takes practice and skill. It would have to be a very good shot to hit something as far away as 15 meters with a pistol. That is where movie magic comes in. And that is why rifles were made, they have better rifling(cuts inside the barrel to make the bullet spin for longer distance) and longer barrels to accomplish this. On the down side, rifles are not good for close quarter targets, because it is hard to focus on objects too close to your sights.
Finally, the difference between semi-auto, select fire, and full-auto. Semi-auto (civilian use ONLY) is when the gun fires only once when you pull the trigger. Select fire (NOT civilian use) is either three to five bursts when the trigger is pulled. And full-auto "machine gun" (NOT civilian use) is when the gun fires until ammo is depleted, or trigger is released.
I hope this helps

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Quit talking about them!

Fine.
Ok?

I will talk about whatever I want. If you have a problem with that then just ignore me.
This is what freedom of speech is about being able to share your opinions. But I guess you don't care about freedom of speech eh?
And again you ignored how Americans do the same. When we had the shootings/bombings in Norway this forum was filled with Americans sharing their opinions or even sharing wild claims that was far from the truth.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Quit talking about them!

Fine.
Ok?

I will talk about whatever I want. If you have a problem with that then just ignore me.
This is what freedom of speech is about being able to share your opinions. But I guess you don't care about freedom of speech eh?
And again you ignored how Americans do the same. When we had the shootings/bombings in Norway this forum was filled with Americans sharing their opinions or even sharing wild claims that was far from the truth.

Fine, Juleo, fine.
I guess we will allow you a glimpse into our free speech since we are on the free internets

I just wanted to add that you shouldn't be talking about our guns. They're ours and we need them.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

If everyone has the right to bear arms, what's going to happen to all the bears?

Gaawwd

Then what the hell is all the fuss about?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Gaawwd

Then what the hell is all the fuss about?

75% of the Bears sent out a petition to stop people from possessing their arms.

It turned out that the people beat them in court by "proving" that the bears don't even have arms.

So, in a nutshell they changed the definition of arms for bears and now you see a lot bears with stubs just flopping around.
It's on outrage and we let them do this to the bears without even trying to stop it!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join