It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama Hospital Shooting: St. Vincent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Alabama Hospital Shooting: St. Vincent

www.huffingtonpost.com

There was another public shooting this morning, this time at St. Vincent’s Hospital in Birmingham, Ala. According to WAFF:

The incident happened around 4am. Police Sergeant Johnny Williams tells FOX6 News that a man with a gun, shot two employees as well as a police officer. A second officer shot and killed the unidentified gunman.

Sgt. Williams says that the injuries to the officer and the employees are not life-threatening. The victims were taken to UAB Hospital. Police have not released their names.

One hospital worker says a “Code Silver” was called across the intercom. He says “Code Silver” means there is harm or threat with a weapon. He says employees are instructed to call 911.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 15-12-2012 by CraigSnedeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I'm surprised that no one posted this yet. Maybe it isn't as big as yesterday's shooting, but I learned about it early this afternoon. I checked breaking news and didn't see anyone else post it, but I am sorry if it has been posted.

A quick Google search, and I see the same exact article on three to four different websites. Copy and paste, for the win? I can't find the shooters name or the gun he used.

www.huffingtonpost.com

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by CraigSnedeker

I'm surprised that no one posted this yet.

A person with a gun stopped the violence being committed. That would fan the flames of debate and discussion about how law-abiding citizens with guns stop crime.

We can't have that, now can we?

/TOA

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Yep, Officer with gun saves lives! Now there's your headline.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I'm surprised that no one posted this yet. Maybe it isn't as big as yesterday's shooting, but I learned about it early this afternoon. I checked breaking news and didn't see anyone else post it, but I am sorry if it has been posted.

A quick Google search, and I see the same exact article on three to four different websites. Copy and paste, for the win? I can't find the shooters name or the gun he used.

www.huffingtonpost.com

I wish these shooters would slow down. We haven't finished arguing about gun-control over the last shooting yet. Mysteriously, it seems that one side has had no success convincing the other. Maybe if we all doubled-down on the bumper stickers....

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Wow copy cats this many already? I just heard abouting a shooting happening right now in newport beach california, wtf newport?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

I'm surprised that no one posted this yet.

A person with a gun stopped the violence being committed. That would fan the flames of debate and discussion about how law-abiding citizens with guns stop crime.

We can't have that, now can we?

/TOA

Yeah a police officer with a gun stopped the crime

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
You know, big city newspapers fill entire pages for JUST one city with the crime beat reporting of the call for the night before, every day.

I hope the media ..and others..aren't going to start reporting EVERY shooting there is. As much as it would be interesting, it could generate a couple to a few dozen threads a day, every day and half again more on special events.

Then again....England had 14,000 knife crimes in one recent year to number it. Divided by 365, that would make a whole site with high message flow to cover just those, too.

I think perspective is an important thing. CT is a stand alone horror in scale, nature and impact. Regular shootings, as terrible as it is to refer to them that way for how common they are, don't compare.... In that way then, I'd ask, how does a shooting in an Alabama Hospital rate a major notice beyond any other shooting that happening over night for Friday into Saturday?
edit on 15-12-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I'm glad its not getting attention. It shouldn't get mainsteam attention in the first place.

1:40 explains it the best by the psychiatrist.

www.youtube.com...

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 15-12-2012 by Laxpla because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Media escalation Wrabbit. Keep the dialectic flowing, and fear growing.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Yeah a police officer with a gun stopped the crime

This time but who the hell wants to live in a country where only the cops,criminals,military has guns?

Oh they call that a police state btw.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rezlooper
Yep, Officer with gun saves lives! Now there's your headline.

Aha, that explains it. I'm glad that they got to him before he killed more people. To bad an officer had to die though.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by CraigSnedeker

Stuff like this happens everyday all over America. It just doesn't get as much media coverage as it has been this year. IMO, I believe that something is being stirred purposely to maybe disarm Americans for something evil around the corner?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Media escalation Wrabbit. Keep the dialectic flowing, and fear growing.

I was afraid that was the answer. Like a kid hiding his head under the blanket, I was hoping it wouldn't be there when I looked again. Sure enough...you made sure it was. Err... Yeah. I'm afraid that probably is as simple a reason as it is, of course. Just keeping the pot stirred, the public anxious and afraid and in the emergency mindset .... where almost anything can be seen as acceptable with the right logic used.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by JLO1986
reply to post by CraigSnedeker

Stuff like this happens everyday all over America. It just doesn't get as much media coverage as it has been this year. IMO, I believe that something is being stirred purposely to maybe disarm Americans for something evil around the corner?

Or maybe people with half a brain which is mostly the media should not cover this in the first place. That video I just linked look into it.

I don't think its a case to disarm Americans, that will never happen.of you actually think of the rationale of it. Its a case of ratings and nothing more.

top topics

join