It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooter at fashion island newport beach

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bspiracy

Originally posted by UFO1414

Originally posted by Hijinx
reply to post by kdog1982

The simple answer is we are sick.

I don't agree. Most of us just want to eke through life. Not make a splash, just get by. Have a family, enjoy the small things. Probably not the most popular view on ATS but one most of us can identify with.

You're trying to disagree but your statement is an agreement.
Just "getting by" is not living a life. Its forced labor via a screwed social and economic paradigm.
Life is not meant to be lived in a "just getting by manner"

b

Really? Pretty much every living thing on the planet including all the humans before us have lived on a 'just getting by' manner where life is cheap and surviving the day is a win.

Its only the capitalist system and the technology boom that has allowed most of us in the west to no longer fret daily about where the food, water and shelter are coming from.

'Getting by' in our system is a life of privilege undreamt of by Kings in the times of our ancestors.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
First of all, controlling guns by the entity we call government that is run by private interest is not going to stop people from killing each other.

Where is a will is way

Second, it seems very interesting that the propaganda against guns is taking hold now after the UN control ban was actually on hold by the US.

It seems that all this violence in the US that actually happens every single day is taking center stage, I don't trust the fake entity we call government and neither the corruption behind it and neither their agendas

The only crime that is going on right now is that of opportunity and brainwashing with mass media into giving away more rights because the corruption we call government knows better

Beware people, it seems that everything that is happening is been geared to one thing and one thing alone and is not in our best interest as usual.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I had a terrible nightmare last night that there was another mall shooting before Christmas. I had to get up because I couldn't sleep after that.

Now I sign in and see this. I'm starting to get worried.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
It would seem that the 12/21/2012 hype is contributing to this uptick in violence. Hopefully after that date the crazy people will return to their normal crazy life patterns

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I don't know about that, they just get more inventive!
Gun's stop them, the only reason we're seeing them get away with such death is that gun's aren't widespread in the area's they are used on killing spree's.

Howeverthe lib-tard media station's won't EVER mention that.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Aisling

You know if you have a feeling that something is wrong and include you and your surroundings listen to your instincts and stay away from what you feel is dangerous.

We humans have the capacity to understand, feel and smell danger is just that modern times has taken that ability from us.

Still I personally went to the mall two days in a roll and the only feeling I got was that people are not happy and that I could not get that Christmas spirit anywhere, people looked to me like they were shopping but more by obligation than delight and purpose

I feel the environment heavy with sadness and that is not a good trigger for people with mental disorders that are not under treatment or about to snap

I am glad that my husband was carrying his weapon just in case.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Personally I think Michigan has the answer on the Governor's desk, Hopefully he will sign it.

“If you have pistol free zones they are actually mass murderer empowerment zones,” said Steve Dulan, attorney for the Michigan Coalition of Responsible Gun Owners, who represents sportsman clubs throughout Michigan backing the bill.

“If you actually look at the history, even over the past 10 years in the US, you find that maybe all but one mass shooting has occurred in a so-called gun free zone,” he added.

govtslaves.info...

Why does it seem to always be in a high gun control state in a gun-free zone that these things happen?
Maybe because the shooters know that there is less likelyhood of another person being there armed and able to stop them before they stop themselves.

Do Armed citezines stop crimes. Why, Yes they do. Links 1 and 2.

I can see NO legitimate reason for Our Government to want to disarm the people and do away with the second amendment unless they are no longer serving our best interests.

edit on 16-12-2012 by RedmoonMWC because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
It's so sad.
WTF is going on?
Any credence to the 12/21/12 theory?
Are people going mad?
If so,why what is the cause?

Many questions,but no answers.

People have always and will always go mad, you're just more aware of it now, also there are more atrocious acts of violence and on a larger scale than usual.

The cause is damaged souls, corrupted by illness, their upbringing, conditioning and exposure to violence, victims of abuse, and most of all..... EVIL.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Shootings happen every day. As much as I feel sorry for the victims, this isn't a pattern of shooting sprees. It's just a series of unrelated firearm homicides that are gaining more traction than normal due to the CT massacre. It's not a vast presidential conspiracy to take our guns away.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
got another
Clackamas man, armed, confronts mall shooter
edit on 16-12-2012 by angryamerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet
Newtown...Newport...sounds like someone is trying to signal something.

Yeah, I had to do a double take on the names. Talk about too close for comfort.
I don't want to think this was anything but a derange person (Adam) who lost his way and took it out on others but these towns being so alike? I mean there are millions if not billions of towns and these two were the ones ....two days apart? Hmmmmmmmmm.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie
Video from scene

you can hear the shooting

Thanks for sharing that

I tell ya what, they couldn't pay me enough to be a cop now!
I think very soon we're all going to see a strong military presence *sigh*

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
Pro-gun people keep saying that a mentally disturbed person will find another way to kill people if they didn't have guns. But you're wrong. There are not fewer mentally disturbed people in other nations, China and Africa have massive mental health issues, as seen by the stabbings in China in recent years. But they still don't even come close to the level of carnage capable of being committed by an automatic weapon.

I think the 168 victims of Timothy McVeigh would disagree with you, as would the 103 victims of Andrew Kehoe and the 32 victims of Wirjo. I think the 30 people killed by Mutsuo Toi with a sword, axe and shotgun might also point out that you are wrong, if any of them had survived to debate the issue.

People who decide to kill will do so, and those that decide to kill many will do so as well.

I don't care how the pro-gun propaganda tries to spin it, any logical and intelligent person can blow that argument out of the water extremely easily. Facts and data DOES NOT LIE.

People will pick the facts and data that agree with them. I've done just that in this post, same as you will no doubt do in reply.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by EvillerBob

Dark minds tend to be creative, can't protect ourselves against it. Just look at the modern prison industry for example, look at what they do to make weapons and look at how restricted they are.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion

Dark minds tend to be creative, can't protect ourselves against it. Just look at the modern prison industry for example, look at what they do to make weapons and look at how restricted they are.

Absolutely. As I read somewhere recently, "how do they expect to prevent the drug trade across a whole country when they can't even prevent the drug trade in a secure prison?"

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

You really can't stop someone from doing what they want. Anyone with any experience in dealing with drug addicts or gamblers or any sort of addiction knows. You just have to let it run its course, trying to stop it not only doesn't work, it tends to make things worse. The drug trade for example, all they did was create the mexican mafia. Great thanks. You can follow this trend all through history.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion

You really can't stop someone from doing what they want. Anyone with any experience in dealing with drug addicts or gamblers or any sort of addiction knows. You just have to let it run its course, trying to stop it not only doesn't work, it tends to make things worse. The drug trade for example, all they did was create the mexican mafia. Great thanks. You can follow this trend all through history.

I agree. And it would mean there is sense in preparing for it. How bad would that recent mall shooting have got if the guy with the CCW wasn't there and the shooter had time to tap-rap-bang his way back into action?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
People, stop this madness. Please for the sake of humanity, just stop these shootings. Lets get together and feel alright.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
hope everyone makes it out ok.

This crap needs to stop seriously, if you're so fed up with how your life is going then lock yourself in a room and put a bullet in your brain and stop taking innocent life. They are not responsible for how your life turned out.

True, but when the elite and the MSM depict in both overt and covert ways, the human being as cattle, then members of the herd starting treating others as cattle, pieces of meat easily expendable.

It's a systemic psychological problem at the root of modern "society" which creates an almost permissive framework for this kind of # to occur.

The result is that people go crazy and then seek to take it out on the society that drove them insane.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
the mass outbreak of shootings is an attempt to push through gun legislation before the country crashes and martial law is declared.

all the articles focus on is the need for gun control. look at what has happened to every country that banned guns, the government takes all the power, and crime increases exponentially. that's the best case scenario if guns are banned, and it's only downhill from there.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join