It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooter at fashion island newport beach

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Seems like TPTB is trying really hard lately to get these gun bans off the ground. Three in one week. They are working overtime.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan
Seems like TPTB is trying really hard lately to get these gun bans off the ground. Three in one week. They are working overtime.

Or, and this is just a guess, there are too many crazy Americans with easy access to guns...

I know, it's so out there and illogical, I must be wrong, it simply HAS TO BE a government conspiracy!

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

The simple answer is we are sick. The whole human race. No one wants to admit it, and no one wants to deal with it. Every single human being on this earth is sick. Me, you, those gunmen, the president, the less fortunate, and the well off. All of us. The answer may not be easy to see, but the problem is plain as day. It's been under our nose for centuries.

Human beings are suffering daily. We could be so much more if we could work together. Take care of each other like the family we are. Every single soul on this planet wants to be loved, love someone, and have a family at some point. It's in our genes. Society tells us, that unity and helping each other out is wrong. We live in a world where Every man for himself is the motto. We preach individuality and independence. Which is a good thing in some regards but when it comes to the species we are a society. As far as we know we are the greatest species to walk this Earth. We've moved mountains, drained oceans, concurred the skies, and walked on the moon. Yet we seem to hold the latest Apple product in higher regard.

You'd think with all of our instant communication, and all this information just a keyboard away we'd be closer together and smarter. It simply isn't the truth. The further we seem to go, the farther apart we seem to get. I can quite literally open up my webcam and talk face to face in real time with someone on the other side of the planet, and yet I don't even know what my neighbours look like. It's actually kind of disturbing. We grow up, with kids in school and we make some friends, we get jobs we might make a few more. Outside of our select social groups and family we don't speak to people. I try to make an effort to say hello to those I pass in my streets walking the dogs, give them a smile but it doesn't go much further than that.

We live in such fear of each other, and I suppose rightly so. It doesn't have to be this way though. We are so much better, we've just forgotten.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Video from scene

you can hear the shooting

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

Well said

Star for you sir

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx

The simple answer is we are sick. The whole human race. No one wants to admit it, and no one wants to deal with it. Every single human being on this earth is sick. Me, you, those gunmen, the president, the less fortunate, and the well off. All of us. The answer may not be easy to see, but the problem is plain as day. It's been under our nose for centuries.

Human beings are suffering daily. We could be so much more if we could work together. Take care of each other like the family we are. Every single soul on this planet wants to be loved, love someone, and have a family at some point. It's in our genes. Society tells us, that unity and helping each other out is wrong. We live in a world where Every man for himself is the motto. We preach individuality and independence. Which is a good thing in some regards but when it comes to the species we are a society. As far as we know we are the greatest species to walk this Earth. We've moved mountains, drained oceans, concurred the skies, and walked on the moon. Yet we seem to hold the latest Apple product in higher regard.

You'd think with all of our instant communication, and all this information just a keyboard away we'd be closer together and smarter. It simply isn't the truth. The further we seem to go, the farther apart we seem to get. I can quite literally open up my webcam and talk face to face in real time with someone on the other side of the planet, and yet I don't even know what my neighbours look like. It's actually kind of disturbing. We grow up, with kids in school and we make some friends, we get jobs we might make a few more. Outside of our select social groups and family we don't speak to people. I try to make an effort to say hello to those I pass in my streets walking the dogs, give them a smile but it doesn't go much further than that.

We live in such fear of each other, and I suppose rightly so. It doesn't have to be this way though. We are so much better, we've just forgotten.

I don't agree. Most of us just want to eke through life. Not make a splash, just get by. Have a family, enjoy the small things. Probably not the most popular view on ATS but one most of us can identify with.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Holy crap, that's a 10 minute drive from my house. Been down there many times. I live even closer to another major mall in the area. I'm going to stay away from malls.....I just don't trust the situation in these public places right now...way too crazy, and waaay to close to home...
Very sad...all of this BS is ruining the holiday season for so many...and the incident in Connecticut is beyond horrible.....

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I know this...and call me crazy, but if theres one more mass shooting in the coming week...Im heading to my cabin in the woods. Im as desensitized to death as the rest of you but I gotta say...even I notice this sudden uptick in violence and its scary on many different levels.

Plus, and maybe its mental, lately I have felt a bit "off". Can't really explain it or attribute it to anything of precedence either. Like a sense of foreboding I guess. Normally dont have anxiety or anything and on no meds so it is noticable.

Or...perhaps I am psychotic with delusions of grandeur and want to feel these things for some sense of superiority. Odds are probably the latter lol.

edit on 16-12-2012 by MisterMaster because: because my smartphone is stupid

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I don't know,like loins killing cheetahs.
And why?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
There is some sort of Murder/Knifing/Shooting/whatever going on every second in this Country. How many deaths happened since the Shooting in Con. or the Shooting in Columbine doesnt matter. Has anyone seen the Movie Minority Report?? Is Pre Crime the next step in our World?

I wish Freedom would exist again!!!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by UFO1414

Originally posted by Hijinx

The simple answer is we are sick.

I don't agree. Most of us just want to eke through life. Not make a splash, just get by. Have a family, enjoy the small things. Probably not the most popular view on ATS but one most of us can identify with.

You're trying to disagree but your statement is an agreement.
Just "getting by" is not living a life. Its forced labor via a screwed social and economic paradigm.
Life is not meant to be lived in a "just getting by manner"

b

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
What is going on with all these shootings.
Yeah, I know # goes down pretty much all the time but it seems there are MUCH more shootings going on.
Either that or the media is just covering more of it.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Or, and this is just a guess, there are too many crazy Americans with easy access to guns...

I know, it's so out there and illogical, I must be wrong, it simply HAS TO BE a government conspiracy!

Or, you know... this could be just the excuse needed to get these gun bans into motion that Obama has been talking about for some time now.

Don't you find it to be quite the coincidence that so many of these are happening just now when Obama has been trying to push for tighter gun control? Kind of like how he was talking about it so much in the summer and those mysterious shootings happened not too long after (the cinema and the Sikh temple.)

"We need tougher gun laws."

"Gee, we don't know about that Mr. President. Doesn't that go against the constitution and infringe on our rights as American citizens?"

*Purely coincidental shootings occur*

"Hey, on second thought, maybe the President was right. We need to disarm the country! It's far too dangerous out there!"

Problem, reaction, solution.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Guns aren't the problem, their own personal issues are... Which started LONG before guns came into the equation... Banning guns isn't addressing THE PROBLEM, IS IT...
edit on 16-12-2012 by Shaxuul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
after each of these incidents, these words get louder in my head ... "After my election I have more flexibility."
where have we heard that before ??

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

Hijinks I share most of your sentiment except the problem is that we humans (I actually dislike calling myself and/or including myself in such a category!) simply will never get along. We will always have minor differences in beliefs and approaches to the world that can be overlooked, as well as major differences that most would not overlook or ignore based on their own ideas, beliefs and feelings of what is important and offensive or disturbing enough to require physical action or even death to deal with.

So yes, it would be great if we'd all just love one another and treat each other equally - but there are far too many people who want things other than to love and be loved and have a family. Who wants love when there is power and control of others? Who wastes time being all weak and emotional when there are people getting away with being happy when sociopaths could be controlling and making them miserable? And how could anyone's their right mind let someone earn money when they should be paying a tax to their betters for allowing them to exist on this earth? Extreme and over the top examples perhaps, but the point is what some people desire and consider the whole reason for existence is simply not applicable to others. Whether these beliefs and desires are forged byline experiences, mind control/indoctrination since childhood, or plain old mental illness, they do exist and in great numbers there is great differences of idealogies, world views and values.

And you can say that people,just all meed to agree and abide by a few universal rules such a compassion and respect for fellow man and that each have a right to life and beliefs provided they are not forced upon others. But then what about the harsh punishment religions that seem akin to child,abuse to others, do we intercede on behalf of the child or is that not respecting the mans religious or world views? What about the people who see absolutely nothing wrong with killing a living creature for sport but another person finds this barbaric and insane and that all life is sacred? That deer head on the wall wasnt killed to feed the mans family or because it was a threat, it was killed because it was a 12 point buck that the hunter wanted to add to his collection of other animals he killed for no good reason. His justification? He doesn't feel he needs one, its his god-given right to do with animals why he pleases and his right as a hunter. The person who holds life sacred finds these beliefs abhorrent. The hunter finds him weak and sissified and is disgusted by him. But as of this particular moment, the are both abiding by the basic rules set forth as the rules to live by - but is these men truly believe what they profess, you can be sure its not going to last much longer...

That love for one another gets putty the test real fast, and tho a reasonable group *might* try to truly see the others viewpoint, such things only go so far before someone else's ideas of how life should be interfere with your own to the point of conflict. I haven't even mentioned religion or politics. :-)

In short, we are too varied a species to ever really truly get along completely. And this goes even for groups who initially bond over shared beliefs and try to isolate themselves but then, after spending time together and getting to know each on deeper levels, you still end up again with more clashes and then breakaway splinter groups with more/less extreme ideas than the original group. And I haven't even brought up mental illness or pet peeves, religious beliefs or political ideologies!

I tend to isolate myself these days because at times it seems like the world has gone mad and I have trouble finding other humans who care about the same things I do. Or don't care about that things I don't (I.e. the whole " what on earth do you care about something that insignificant?"). People nitpick things that are to me quite stupid whilst letting some other person or animal suffer in misery. And I fully realize I come off as "strange" to most people where I currently live. I actually fully take that as a compliment. And with the web and communication gadgets I can converse or chat with as many like minded individuals as simply as I can google a forum where my beliefs and personal views are shared, or at least the ones I feel are important enough to present initially, tho the whole process of getting to know people on a deeper level inevitably starts over each time you start chatting with someone. Sure, animals are beautiful creatures that should not be abused or hunted for sport and that religious fanatic who thinks god put them here for us todo with as we please is nuts. But then we disagree sharply that all religious people are crazed psychos and should be rounded up for our own safety and the safety of animals. Because I don't think that's really how to do with the issue nor that most spiritual people feel that way - she thinks I'm hopelessly naive and I think she's an extremist danger to society now. See how it goes? And the person that I initially thought I had less in common turns out to actually be more in line with my overall worldview tho we differ sharply on some things.

Perhaps too many examples, but hopefully you see what I'm getting at. We are too different to ever get along fully and there will always be people who don't feel enough is controlled or that too much is and that are people are dangerous whether to himself or others, or those who can't defend themselves and needs someone to step in. And still others who think all those views are stupid but will use them as a pretense to achieve their own goals.

Mass communication has made lots of things better, and still many others worse like any technology. We don't bother dealing with neighbors because we don't have to like we did in times past, when we'd tolerate far more differences depending on who had the power in a given situation for that ride to the store or help with building the barn or common defense against some heathen other neighbor further down the trail. Nowadays its far easier to call the known friend a half hour away or the tow truck than to bother the person who lives next door because they might be religious, gay, animal loving, psychos or something worse like an irritating gossiper who will start visiting everyday - argh!
Better to not get to know the person who lives down the road or street and run the risk of radically opposing ideologies than to simply live in peaceful coexistence founded on ignorance of the people nearby. Maybe that's the key to peace..cant be attacked if they don't know you are of a different mind and go back t people hating for visible differences like the "good" ole days... :-(
edit on 16-12-2012 by NewtonDKC because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shaxuul

Guns aren't the problem, their own personal issues are... Which started LONG before guns came into the equation... Banning guns isn't addressing THE PROBLEM, IS IT...
edit on 16-12-2012 by Shaxuul because: (no reason given)

This is a common BS line I see peddled by the pro-gun lobby. I would like to see someone try to murder a hundred people in a minute with a wooden spoon, or harsh language, or even a knife. It's not gonna happen.

Pro-gun people keep saying that a mentally disturbed person will find another way to kill people if they didn't have guns. But you're wrong. There are not fewer mentally disturbed people in other nations, China and Africa have massive mental health issues, as seen by the stabbings in China in recent years. But they still don't even come close to the level of carnage capable of being committed by an automatic weapon.

This argument that these people would kill anyway, through other means, is debunked over and over again. Yes, there needs to be improved mental health services available to people, but the fact is these people would not have been able to kill so many innocent people without those guns.

I don't care how the pro-gun propaganda tries to spin it, any logical and intelligent person can blow that argument out of the water extremely easily. Facts and data DOES NOT LIE.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

how come i never see you promoting/demanding or even suggesting that governments and their goons lay down their weapons, first ??
what is that about ?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I am beginning to wonder if now Every incident that occurs in the US that involves
a gun will be reported. We may as well open a person killed by gun forum..
and lets remember to add the 40,000+ that have been killed in Syria alone this year.

Kinda makes our issues not so big.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

But consider that over the course if oru history here in the US, have we ever seen anything like the last year? Is this a case of it finally being reported? Or is there an increase in these types of events?

And, if there IS an increase....what causes it? I doubt that there are more crazies, or more guns. what is causing it?

And does it not seem suspicious that we are finding that these people were considered highly intelligent, and many were involved in government research programs at their universities?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join