It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooter at fashion island newport beach

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
So a friend of mine on facebook just said there is a shooter on fashion island in newport beach and that his moms store is closed down. I am looking for more info atm verifying that hes telling the truth (likely hes not one to mess around like this)

Update:
Saying shooter is in custody he was shooting inside macys and out in the parking lot.
edit on 15-12-2012 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

link
www.nbclosangeles.com...
edit on Sat Dec 15 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Twitter feed right now...

Source...

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

edit on 15-12-2012 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Well, that's sad. I hope no one is hurt. Keep us updated, please?

Peace and love.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
There was also an event with an armed person at Cal. State Fullerton... this is pretty insane.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
cbs
Doesn't say much but confirms what your friend said

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
newportbeach.patch.com...

Some residents in Newport Beach reported hearing what sounded like gunshots near Fashion Island on Wednesday, but police say they found no evidence of a shooting. A few phone calls were placed to the Newport Beach Police Department about 3:50 p.m. A woman told responding officers she saw a man point what looked like a gun out the window of a car and said she heard three shots, according to Newport Beach police spokeswoman Kathy Lowe. Patch also received a query from a reader asking about "multiple gunshots" and police cars and helicopters in the Macy's parking lot. "There was nothing at the scene to support that a handgun was fired," Lowe said. "There are no shell casings at the scene, no suspect was located during the search and no physical evidence of gun shots being fired was found."
well it seem they are not quite sure yet if a shooting occured....but saying it didnt from a lack of shell casings does not seem wise as not all guns eject casings(revolvers,double barrel shot guns)so i guess we will just have to hope it was a false alarm with a starter pistol like they seem to think but who knows in this day and age

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
hope everyone makes it out ok.

This crap needs to stop seriously, if you're so fed up with how your life is going then lock yourself in a room and put a bullet in your brain and stop taking innocent life. They are not responsible for how your life turned out.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

Check the date on the article you linked to

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DIRTYDONKEY

blast thanks for the correction i thought i had set search terms to the last 24 hours but didnt my bad

losangeles.cityandpress.com...

NEWPORT BEACH (CBSLA.com) — A shooting has been reported in the parking lot of Fashion Island in Newport Beach. Fashion Island, opened in 1967, is a mall of largely upscale stores.

edit on 15-12-2012 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)
according to twitter and the local cbs the suspect a male is in custody so this one seems to have already be stopped
edit on 15-12-2012 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Wow, I didn't think anyone would get this up so fast.
Sorry for posting a second thread, then.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Dasher

No big deal, girlfriend and her mom were shopping there today for christmass.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
hope there is no more ridiculous loss of life.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
It's so sad.
WTF is going on?
Any credence to the 12/21/12 theory?
Are people going mad?
If so,why what is the cause?

Many questions,but no answers.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
This is a possible cause,those on the edge of destruction taking the final leap.....

Violence Spreads Like an Infectious Disease

Throughout the history of the world violence has wiped millions of people off the face of the earth just like some of the many diseases or plagues such as small pox, tuberculosis, AIDS, cancer, and diabetes.
If one could go back to the beginning of civilization you can clearly see that violence has been around in one form or another. From Ancient Rome to the Iraq War, the toll of violence continues to remind all humans of how sick people can be at times. Some people would argue that violence is necessary in order to control a country or control the people.

However, violence only begets more violence and there are no real winners in the world of violence. Several major cities across the world suffer from high levels of violence and it appears that violence can breakout at anytime or place just like a rash of violence. Countries like Mexico and Brazil and cities like Kingston, Jamaica and Chicago, Ill. suffer from high levels of violence every year.
Looking back on how some people have become desensitized to the suffering of other people there is no other category to place violent behavior into other than a public health issue. The atrocities that occurred in Germany during the Holocaust, Genocide in Rwanda, and the Trans Atlantic Slave Trade would make one think that violence is definitely a sickness.
To brutalize, kill, rape, experiment, strip people of their culture, and lynch people are all signs of sick behavior. Homicides occur all the time and most people feel like it's the norm and there is nothing that can be done about reducing homicide rates.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

I,for one,could never imagine this mindset.
It is a sickness and a cause for concern demanding we,the people need to direct our attention to this problem to solve.
edit on 15-12-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Newtown...Newport...sounds like someone is trying to signal something.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet
Newtown...Newport...sounds like someone is trying to signal something.

I just got chills... the one before both of them was PORTland...

If this really is some type of connection, I'd think somewhere that has a name involving "town" and "land" would be next, I googled "townland" and found it's a type of irrigation system thats found in Dublin, Ireland.... I've been drinking a few energy drinks so I'm running on fumes a little right now

edit on 15-12-2012 by doesntmakesense because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
It's so sad.
WTF is going on?
Any credence to the 12/21/12 theory?
Are people going mad?
If so,why what is the cause?

Many questions,but no answers.

Hadn't thought of that. Hmmmm. I wonder.
I had a theory. The holidays. It makes people sad because the future doesn't look too promising.

It was said that ALL these attackers had extremely high IQ's and we all know there's a thin line between genius and insanity so maybe they were all taking prescription medication and just snapped due to the holiday blues (or, 2012 as you mentioned) but this kid Adam did apparently have ties to that school. His mother was a supposed substitute teacher there (although no one can find her records) and he supposedly attended that school years ago.

So sad.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
The holiday season brings out the best and the worst in people.

There was a shooting inside of the Excalibur hotel in Las Vegas this morning as well.

The gunman shot a woman at the front desk and then killed himself.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join