It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Already Found Proof Of Extraterrestrials Life

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Even if the Wow Signal could be confirmed as coming from deep space, there is no reason why it couldn't be the result of a natural event. It is a fascinating subject and I dearly hope that one day we discover that it did have an intelligent source. However, we just don't know enough to be able to make categorical statements about it's origin.

I'm also a little annoyed at this thread. This subject has been discussed many times on here. There really isn't any need for another one. I might have felt less negative towards the thread if you'd named it something like "Another Look at The Wow Signal". Just sayin'

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
A sentient species perhaps less than a dozen light-years away might know about SETI and know about Earth's barbarians with nuclear weapons. Why should they give away their location by sending us a signal? They might even take measures to ensure that no EM signals will be sent that might reach Earth.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbread

44-47, that tone. I hear it sometimes when I'm trying to sleep. It sounds like a ringing, and when I pay attention to it, it goes away. Just the one solid sound, not like this video per se, but the same exact pitch. It made my skin go cold, hearing it. I could just be tired and putting two things together that have no relation, but it's the same sound I've heard when I have a sleep paralysis attack. It happens again at 1:03-1:13. Not the youtube, but what's listed in the frame. Weird #.

Made me shudder is all. Certainly interesting. This is a binary signal I'm assuming?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Sure, the WOW signal has been discussed, but the original post was a nice summation of info about it...especially for those who haven't heard of it before.

Of course, I haven't yet seen a distinction of ET life vs, Intelligent ET life...which are two totally different things... We have ample scientific evidence for ET life, be it amino acids in asteroids or water on various worlds in our solar system. Heck, who knows what monsters prowl the oceans under Europa's icy crust...assuming the scientists are right, and a comparatively warm ocean is there.
me
SETI may be like trying to find a particular grain of sand, on all the world's beaches...but at least SOMEONE is bothering to look. Yes, we've sent responses, and looked for the signal again, but no dice. The truth behind it is likely nothing special. As many have said, it's doubtful that intelligent ET's would even be using such means of communicating. We could be bombarded with ET messages every day for all we know...but don't yet have the means of hearing them.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbread

Proof of ETs can be found deep under Denver International Airport.
The plan was to reduce the population of Earth to about 500 million.
That will no longer happen.
The plan made more sense back in 1995.

BTW, SETI needs a subspace transmitter/receiver.
They are acting like a bunch of cavemen with their radio antennas.

edit on 18-12-2012 by TauCetixeta because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Trying to detect a radio signal from space is like trying to detect a moth on the ocean from the other side of the world. It is the exact same thing. The signals get washed out from all the noise.

Besides, advanced civilizations do not use radio to communicate. Takes too long. They use matched quantum entangled devices that make faster than light communication possible and are completely impossible to be intercepted. We will have them in a couple decades.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Robonakka

The U.S. Navy had subspace transmitters/receivers back in 1980.
That's over 30 years ago!
Of course, a universal translator would also come in handy.

niv

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
The problem I have with SETI is that mankind has used radio technology for what, 100 years out of 10,000 or so years as civilized beings and 250,000 or so existence as homo sapiens. We are looking for civilizations that have been or are in that brief period of time that uses radio over the billions of years of the cosmos. As is common, we are looking at ourselves and expecting ET to be exactly like us or very similar and using the same sort of technology we use.

As for the woodcut, I have no idea what it means. It may be significant in our search for evidence of previous alien visitation or it may just be a result of highly symbolic or abstract concepts or art. One thing people tend to forget is that our ancestors were as smart (or not) as we are. They just had different toys.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
nothing will ever found... earth is special.. life on earth is special.. the whole SETI project are either useless at best or dangerous at worst.

the argument that countless stars exist so there must be intelligent life somewhere are too simplified. Will a million upon trillion of monkeys typing randomly in typewrite will result in great literature ? more likely it just chaos and randomness.. then there is the TIME factor.. even if a great civilization last 2 million years , it wont ever meet with another great civilization that exist millions of years before or after them. and then the DISTANCE factor which off course everyone know how difficult it is to move around the universe with the kind of distances between stars..

Those who want to keep argueing statistic should realized that there are factors that influence result in a probability experiment. put it simple like this : a million 6 sided dice rolled for million of years wont result in a single 7 or 8 or 9 result. Statistical probabilities depends on the subject matter. without knowing the boundaries we cannot have probabilistic experiment.

Thus saying that trillions upon trillion of stars exists so there must be abundance of life exists are WRONG. without knowing HOW EXACTLY life was created we cannot calculate the probabilities

Scientist dont even know how life on earth was created. they all just theorize and theorize but there's no real proof of their theories. its crazy for scientists to have faith on unproven theories because faith shoudnt be in the same room with science. Theories are just that until proven..

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Did NASA and SETI astronomers actually detect an alien signal from one of Jupiter’s largest moons, Ganymede, during the 1980’s? According to some researchers the answer is yes.

Nasa and SETI Astronomers Detect Alien Signal From Jupiter’s Moon Ganymede

As to the signal itself, this is what Rupert Matthews reports in his book Alien Encounters: True Stories of Aliens, UFO’s and other E.T. Phenomenon which was published in 2008. NASA and SETI astronomers picked up on a radio signal that seemed to have a coded message sometime in the mid 1980’s. The signal was coming from Jupiter’s moon Ganymede and was definitely artificial in nature. The signal was run through multiple computers and no sense could be made as to the meaning of it. President Reagan was notified and an international conference was assembled to determine how to make an attempt to contact whatever beings were sending the message.

Eventually it was decided to send a signal to the exact location that the message was coming from on Ganymede. This message would be sent in Morse Code which was considered to be the easiest for an alien civilization to decode. It would read “We have received your signal, but we do not understand it. Please resend your signal using this language and transmission code.” Immediately after this message was sent, the mysterious signal from Ganymede ceased its transmission so everyone assumed that we would receive a new signal in Morse Code in a quick period of time. But day after day and then week after week no signal came and officials began to give up hope of actually receiving a response. Finally after more than a month, a signal was detected coming from the original radio source on Ganymede and incredibly it was in Morse Code. Eagerly NASA scientists translated our first direct contact with an alien civilization. And it said “We were not talking to you.”

There is no solid proof, but I thought it might be of interest to members reading this thread as another example of signals from space.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by milomilo
... Theories are just that until proven..

Let me guess the 'proof' is in the Bible, right?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
but you can assume that an advanced civilization would be able to detect seti transmissions, determine what it is and reply to it appropriately.

if they aren't able to detect even the most basic radio transmission, then i doubt they would even be capable of space travel.

Do you understand how radio waves work? Its not an instantaneous thing.
You do know that radio waves need to travel somewhere before someone can here them. Right?

Radio Waves are SSSSLLLLOOOOWWWW, by the time even our closest neighbour star gets them its already been 4.5 years. The closest POSSIBLE earth-like planet would take 12 years.

That's why I believe scanning for radio waves is a futile effort, there's too much space, and it takes too long to get anywhere.

In case you didn't know, radio wave travel at light speed. Too slow for galactic communications, if there are indeed ET's out there, they wouldn't be using radios the way we see them.

Imagine if quantum entanglement didn't need a physical interaction to become paired, what if we could 'tune' into different particles. People will tell you its impossible, but when static electricity was first discovered, people thought they could never generate it in large amounts either.
edit on 19/12/12 by Kr0nZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Got to admit that the crop circle section was an eye opener.
Not that I completely believe it was aliens, more that is one very good and carefully thought out hoax.
Very Good.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

but you can assume that an advanced civilization would be able to detect seti transmissions, determine what it is and reply to it appropriately.

if they aren't able to detect even the most basic radio transmission, then i doubt they would even be capable of space travel.

Or perhaps they are SO far beyond us, that they wouldn't even consider radio. Maybe a planet that uses such outdated technology is not home to "intelligent" civilization by their standards.

You may ask about someone's wi-fi, 3/4G or DSL connection...but dial-up doesn't even cross your mind.

It's a poor analogy but the first that comes to mind.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
On one hand its interesting that the signal came from the general direction of a star they just discovered to possibly have two earth like planets.
On the other, the chances of finding a civilization via radio waves are so incredibly small as to be nearly laughable. We are dealing with vast distances in space. The amount of time even we have been broadcasting signals is often nothing compared to the time we are searching, into the past, with the hopes we will be listening at just the right time to intercept a signal.

And if they are much more advanced than we are they have most likely moved onto a light based communication system. Or maybe even something else we haven't thought of.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Blind people won't use smoke signals.

So, this is assuming that they would actually "listen" to the right transmissions.

You know, I could easily pass a lot of information to someone at the other end of the country without being even noticed. All I need to do is to transmit using a means that people don't use, or transmit at frequencies that are beyond (or under) the ranges that are listened to.

They can perfectly be able of space travel and what have you, but have totally stopped using radio waves for transmission since many many thousands of years.

The difficulty when talking of supposed extraterrestrial civilisations, is to not assume things "because we do it this way". Although it can make sense, often it is simply because we lack a proper comparison that we have to use ourselves as the reference. The error is that those people have not us as their reference.
edit on 20-12-2012 by SpookyVince because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
It WAS aliens sending a message, but not to SETI
They were checking with Domino's pizza to make sure it would be delivered in 30 light years,
or it was free......

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cynic
it would be delivered in 30 light years

A light-year is not a unit of time.

It is a unit of length.

Please, deny ignorance and avoid making such mistakes.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpookyVince

Originally posted by Cynic
it would be delivered in 30 light years

A light-year is not a unit of time.

It is a unit of length.

Please, deny ignorance and avoid making such mistakes.

Obviously the art of sarcasm is lost on you.
You can look the word up at your convenience.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
For all we know Seti has been listening to alien transmissions ever since the WOW event. They are not going to tell us. They are not on our side. They are a false front for NASA and are probably controlled by the MIEC. The label "Above Top Secret" means exactly that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join