It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europeans and The US Constitution

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
I find it really irritating how Europeans and other non-Americans like to make stupid pronouncements about our Constitution when they don't have the first *&^%$#@ clue about the document and it's place and purpose in our country. Europeans(and others) if you won't do a modicum of research about the Constitution SDASTFU about it!
Seriously. Get a @#$% clue or stop talking about it.

Yeah, right. Most Americans (and this includes you) don't know much about the U.S. Constitution. Americans by far are the dumbest people of all the western, industrialized nation-states. So it really doesn't matter if Europeans have an opinion on it. Considering your blather, I would bet a year's salary that you get all twisty with interpretations of our law and our Constitution so it will fit your agenda.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

John Adams explained it best: “Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” His words.....word for word. This is why many people don't understand it; since it is impossible to even mention God in schools, work, or basically outside of a church in this coubtry it is not taught anymore. No I am not a religious zealot; however I do believe in God and that is between God and I. I don't ask anyone to beleive as I do or preach to them about; it is deeply personal.
LIKE IT OR NOT THIS NATION WAS BUILT UNDER THIS UNDERSTANDING. My best friends are British and german and I work for a British company. Sometimes we have these talks during family get togethers and it is VERY hard to even find common ground. We are just different with different cultures and beliefs. You know what you have been taught e.g. family, scholls, even what part of the country you grew up in. I have lived in Europe and Asia and loved both, but when I lived there I except the culture and tried to learn not change it. I think that is the problem with this and all the similar threads. Too many emotions come to the surface; an evil POS killed babies and it is hard to except I understand that.
However to see Brit's and Americans going at each other is sad! I am guilty of it also I got caught up in this yesterday and it bothered me all night. Being exmilitary, I can tell you we always knew we could count on the British.....Period!!! The revese is true also the US will always stand beside the British...Period!!! Not in front of or behind, but beside them through good and bad. I really wish the BS would stop and have some real debates without the name calling; I am an old man now and have time for that (Even though I too got caught up in the drama!) . Think about what both countries have been through TOGETHER!!!
Let the beatings begin, but I will take the high road this time!!!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Circumstance

I find it really irritating how Europeans and other non-Americans like to make stupid pronouncements about our Constitution when they don't have the first *&^%$#@ clue about the document and it's place and purpose in our country. Europeans(and others) if you won't do a modicum of research about the Constitution SDASTFU about it!
Seriously. Get a @#$% clue or stop talking about it.

Yeah, right. Most Americans (and this includes you) don't know much about the U.S. Constitution. Americans by far are the dumbest people of all the western, industrialized nation-states. So it really doesn't matter if Europeans have an opinion on it. Considering your blather, I would bet a year's salary that you get all twisty with interpretations of our law and our Constitution so it will fit your agenda.
You would lose that bet. I interpret the Constitution as written with the intent of the framers in mind. I interpret it as a strict constructionist. I use the back drop of the federalist and anti-federalist papers as well as other published writings of the time. I take the overall historical background of the period into consideration.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Circumstance

Why do you hate Americans so much?? What makes us so dumb?? Examples please? Have you lived here? Do you REALLY know any Americans?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by LPOPranger

I wouldn't even bother with that one. Probably a toothless drunk whom his own people can't stomach.

Fact is the constitution is only valid for the representation of states in the federal government. Europeans don't even consider state constitutions which are more important to the average person when speaking about the constitution.

They say WE don't know our own forms of government because that is what hateful and ignorant people tell them to to parrot. So like monkeys in repetition mode, they do.

Fact is they are mostly ignorant of the world and think they invented everything because some random YouTube videos by dumbasses are all the validation they need....LOL

Ignore them. They live sad little lives. Hiding in the shadows of greater people then them.

Glory days gone now, so they attack us out of spite because we run circles around them in almost everything. They need to side with our enemies and speak of the injustice to them because that is the sad traitorous state their loyalties are in. Side with poor China, and the middle east because the "dumb" Americans don't need to kiss your ass. See if they are grateful to you for it. Scum.

The west is their home and we their allies but ego and hate blind them into rabid illusions of grandeur.

They will need us again, don't worry. When they make a mess of things from beady little spiteful eyes looking at their neighbors in times of need. Then you will see how much they love us, defects and virtues alike.

So Europe, I guess you should petition your governments to break diplomatic ties with us huh? Fine by me. Thing is the rest of the world might hate you more than they do us. What do you have to offer? Nice bread and beaches? Sure.....

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggilo
reply to post by DarthMuerte

ah, your one of these gun lunatics, it all makes sense now.

If you learned how to spell, you might not sound like such an idiot.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
This thread reminds me of a teacher at school. Taught us kids back then that The Declaration of Falkirk is the standing template for the USA's declaration of independence, pretty much the same script. Go on...dare Queen Elizabeth to revoke USA's independence... See how we get on then

And before anyone roasts me, I don't care. Too many big headed bigots that don't want it any other way. Both sides of the pond.

I wish I was an alien!

UK Revokes Usa indepandance
edit on 17/12/77 by RobbieK because: Good ole British humour! (kinda European)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

reply to post by boymonkey74

I did. I also answered your question with information that took less than 1 second for google to locate. Our President is not a king, imperial ambitions of the last two occupants not withstanding. He cannot just change the law of the land at will. Unlike Europeans, correct me if I am wrong but I see no information to the contrary, we believe that our rights are not granted us by our government. Ultimate power and sovereignty resides not in the state, this includes our federal government, but in the people the citizens of our nation. THAT IS WHY WE HAVE THE SECOND AMENDMENT! We have the right to overthrow our government should the necessity arise. THe second amendment ensures we have the power to enforce that right.

Not Imperial or ambitious?? How about the 130 military bases around the world and the dozens of wars America has been involved in since its inception? He cannot change the law of the land at will? How about all those executive orders then? What about the Patriot act did the people have their say on that one? I guess its time to use that second amendment before they take that away too. Just an idea from a stupid European.
PS
I would also say that if you have to use google to clarify what your constitution means or says then your not a very good example of a patriot.
edit on 17-12-2012 by redeyeblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by zedVSzardoz
reply to post by milominderbinder

It has almost NOTHING in common with the magna carta. You guys need to think critically instead of parroting things ↑↑↑↑↑ BAD HISTORY TEACHERS ↑↑↑↑↑ tell you. They can be morons you know.

Of course the Magna Carta had an influence on the drafting of the Bill of RIghts and Constitution.

Included in the Magna Carta are protections for the English church, petitioning the king, freedom from forced quarter of troops and unreasonable searches, due process and fair trial protections, and freedom from excessive fines. These protections can be found in the First, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, and Eighth Amendments to the Constitution.

European laws extended into the Americas.

edit on 17-12-2012 by FoosM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave
I really don't give a crap about your constitution . Don't really feel sorry about people who get offended by people taking jabs at your country . How many times have america or americans stuck their nose and business where it never belonged . Deal with it or people of your country can stfu on any international affairs .

You say Americans as if the average Americans cares about what happens abroad. We don't. If something happens to us, then it becomes our business.

All of the wars in the last century were done not for "the people" but to serve special interests. Actions taken by the government represent the will of powerful few, not the entire nation. So average Americans care very little about foreign policy until it affects us.

We didn't care about China until it affected us.
We didn't care about India until it affected us.
We don't care about Europe because you don't affect us.

edit on 17-12-2012 by INDOMITABLE because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-12-2012 by INDOMITABLE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

But you ever thought that we really don't havva say in what the higher ups decide? We're criticized as individuals no matter what we do. Its a bit unnecessary most of the time. How about saying "The American Government" and not bring us up as a whole? Thanks.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join