It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dangerous Gas may be cause of super-charged weather, mass die-offs, quakes and more

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
Ok. It is possible that you are right. It is scientific knowledge that this process has happened before in Earth's history. Probably several times. Therefore it can happen again. I've looked at alot of articles on this subject. I find it strange none of them can explain how the Earth's climate returned to "normal". What removed the the excess hydrogen sulphide, methane and carbon dioxide? What caused the downfall of the bacteria producing those gases?

I've also looked at the explanation of the "Jumping Jack Flash Hypothesis" on your blog. Can you clarify for me what makes this hypothesis yours? The fact you have coined your own name for it and the full explanation on your website and this thread gives one the impression you have come up with this theory yourself. Yet, you simply present an already known scientific theory, as in the PDF you linked to and quoted from. Is there anything more to your hypothesis besides the proposition that we are due for another one of these events? Just trying to work out what is original and yours here. It seems that the sum total of your theory is 4 words - "this is happening again". The nuts and bolts of the theory you cite from other sources. Scientists are already warning that the same anoxia extinction scenario may be repeated if carbon levels rise. They talk about hydrogen sulphide also. The only difference is, you state this is happening now (which is very possible). I just don't get what else there is to the "Jumping Jack Flash Hypothesis". Why give it its own name? Unless your just trying to spread awareness? I think the main reason people have put you down in this thread is because a) they are uneducated about the science, and b) it appears as if you have speculated all this yourself and people are naturally skeptical of that, when really, in actuality, nothing about this theory is yours, except for the assertion that the event is happening now. The rest is all in the scientific literature. Feel free to correct me. I am interested to know what is original about your hypothesis besides the aforementioned assertion and the collection of headlines. Where is your creative input here, or do you just collate? I may of course have overlooked something you said in all the reading.

edit on 2012/12/26 by SteveR because: (no reason given)

MY hypothesis is that THAT hypothesis is happening NOW. That's no small thing there. The creative input is how this affects our society, the health effects on people (neurological, kidney/renal/heart damage, etc), the specifics of the causes of the fires (reactivity with copper for the power poles and some of the vehicles), the absorption problem with absorbent materials, the causes of the rise in terrible accidents (brake lines and power steering lines frying, disabled drivers, etc). You know, all the things that affect OUR lives. The authors of the supporting hypothesis covered none of how this affects US, just devoted a sentence or two to saying, 'We hope this doesn't happen.' I'm more involved with the other side of that: now that it IS happening, then what's that going to do to us? Also, I'm more concerned with the 'what can we do about it' part of things, suggesting ideas as they come to mind, trying to figure out what mitigation efforts are already in place. So they cover more of the 'why this happens', and I'm involved more with the 'what happens to us when it does and what do we do about it and how can we extend our lives at the personal and civilization levels'. I would say those are actually completely different things there.

Did I put all that into the hypothesis itself? Nope. Most of the creative input comes as we go, in the daily and monthly event lists and the notes. I didn't have every mystery solved when I wrote the hypothesis, but even if I had, I wouldn't have tried to cram more in, because peoples' minds can only handle so much, and it's more effective, I think, that I kept things short and simple: here's what's happening, here's a link to the scientists that explain the why of it, and here in a general sense is what we will be seeing in OUR lives. Then for those who follow along, they can read as the mysteries are solved, one by one. I wasn't always aware of the absorbent materials problem, for example. Took some time to glom onto that. But think about how pervasive that effect is - WOOD. We use a LOT of wood. You don't think that just that one thing was an important addition to available knowledge, that wood is absorbing gas and bursting into flame? I think that's pretty freaking important to know! I had to do some digging to discover that recent medical research shows that hydrogen sulfide causes renal problems, and put that clue together with the tens of thousands of farm workers on the west coast of Central America mysteriously suffering serious renal problems. You know, detail work, that's what I'm adding. Details are important! One missed detail with something like this can cost many lives.

As for what brings things back to normal, well, it's probably something as simple as 'decay rates'. The methane eventually turns to CO2. The hydrogen sulfide is eventually weathered away by rocks, reacted away with nitric acid or sodium hydroxide or ozone. The bacteria that produce it will do what all creatures do that don't control their reproduction: they will eat and breed until there is nothing left to eat, then their population will plummet almost to nothing from starvation. (That's the same thing humans do too, and that would eventually have happened to us as well, had this problem not cropped up. That was proven on Easter Island.) Then, with the methane fading and the temps going back down, oxygen using life will come roaring back. But that could take 30 million years, for a full recovery.

jumpingjackflashhypothesis.blogspot.com...

edit on 26-12-2012 by JonnyMnemonic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by JonnyMnemonic

Ok. Appreciate the response. You seem very knowledgeable on the subject. We get alot of speculative hypotheses around here. I must have read hundreds over the years, and they tend to be quite imaginative. I assumed this was all your work but I see now it is firmly backed up by the scientific literature. So your hypothesis is that that is happening now. Got it. Have to say, after reviewing the material, I actually agree with you on this. Maybe not with the cannibalism and other less well connected random events. I would be hesitant to jump on anything odd that happens as evidence of this. That being said, you seem to have your reasons and those slightly far out things don't matter all that much anyway. What is central to this theory from my point of view is that the atmospheric makeup of the Earth is changing for the worse. And I don't think we can doubt it is changing along the lines of what you researched.

The science is very clear on the subject. My only bonepick is with the "ocean absorbs oxygen" part. I know you didn't write that. We know without doubt that over 70% of the oxygen in the atmosphere is produced by the metabolic functions of ocean microorganisms. In other words the oxygen originates in the ocean. But either way, that detail doesn't change the process of events as the article describes. Those oxygen producing microorganisms are the 'good guys' that are slowly dieing off. It spells doom for us and any oxygen respiring life on the planet. Ocean anoxia can't be doubted and is more fact than hypothesis. It seems with each passing year we get even more beached whales, starfish, jellyfish and a whole host of other creatures who seem to have died en masse for no reason. They die in truly huge numbers and all at once. I don't know if this is due to hydrogen sulphide or the big pockets of methane being released or simple anoxia, but concentrations of both those noxious gases are evidently increasing in the atmosphere beyond nominal levels.

Good work on bringing this to public attention. This may just be the most important thread on ATS right now. Maybe in 5 years if the situation doesn't stabilize (and I guess it won't since temperatures keep rising) we'll see a ton of threads on this topic. And people just won't know what to do. Although I liked the guy on the G_L_P thread's suggestion that we send down subs and explode as many Clathrate deposits as we can find. I've no idea if that's even remotely possible. It's a wacky idea but it's something. I also thought that if our global warming is solar based then this is a process we will find very difficult to stop. Judging by the amount of damage and disruption this scenario could cause I greatly favor focusing on prevention. Then we won't need the biodomes. If this thing gets totally out of hand like it did during the Permian-Triassic extinction event then it's going to do more damage to humanity and the world than a nuclear war. Terraforming is going to be really big business in the future. Fortunately, the PDF you linked speculates that carbon dioxide levels need to be around 1000 ppm before this event gets into full swing. We are at 393 ppm right now rising almost 3ppm a year. The 2200 AD timeframe may be a little generous but I guess we'll see what happens. I'm hoping that the hydrogen sulphide phenomena people are experiencing right now will remain somewhat steady. It's going to take ALOT more of that stuff to poison us and destroy the ozone layer. Thankfully due to its reactivity it tends to burn itself off hence the popping and fires. The Russians have dealt with land based leakages of methane by simply setting them on fire. The "Door to Hell" is one that has been burning continuously for almost 42 years. 200 ft wide permanent inferno. They thought it would burn out in a matter of days. Hell of alot of gas down there.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Yeah, can't really imagine anything more important. I mean, just the vehicular fires alone, if they get really bad, well, that's how we plant and harvest crops, get food to grocery stores, get food from grocery stores to homes. If that's all taken away then...uh, yeah. If the UV and/or heat and/or drought wipes out the crops we CAN plant then things will get bad real fast.

I'm sure you've dealt with lots of bizarro whacked-out theories. I'm not really much of a conspiracy-type guy myself. This is sound science here. I'm just fleshing out the details. The scientists wrote the synopsis of the story. Now I'm writing the story itself, with all the nitty-gritty details. I wouldn't be here now without that synopsis though, and I freely admit that. My work is just trying to figure out all the various ways this problem seems to be coming at us, and they definitely seem varied and widespread. Like the copper reactivity thing. That didn't occur to me initially. Took a while for that to gestate. But that's all of our electrical and electronic infrastructure. That's pretty friggin' huge, and that's just one of the sub-problems.

I don't think 'they' are so industriously building underground facilities because of a problem generations out. This is fueled by bacterial growth rates at least to some degree, and those are scarily fast, geometric. I think the scientists may also have gotten the 1000 ppm CO2 thing wrong, or they underestimate how rapidly the burning may escalate that, or they underestimate the power of the methane releases already occurring and those to come. I think this is going to be more rapid than most anyone can really imagine. I certainly hope I'm wrong about that, of course.

Time will tell, that's for sure!

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Hey Steve and Johnny, the last couple of posts you guys have each made were in some common sense words that really sum things up well so people can understand. What happened to you Steve is how I felt about it after reading the hypothesis. The more I read the more I believed. Before reading this I knew there were just way too many coincidences in weather-related events, unexplained booms and shakes, an uptick in quakes and volcanoes and the rapidly increasing mass animal-die offs. And the one thing I found odd was that the media was trying real hard to downplay things. I paid attention and I knew things were increasing, but why? I read a lot of threads here on ATS (it was the search for an explanation to the booms and shakes that brought me here), studied elsewhere, but it wasn’t until I read Johnny’s hypothesis about the gas release that I finally started to see a clearer picture. His hypothesis explains the die-offs, explosions, and mysterious fires and deaths, but it still didn’t explain the rest of it all…the weather and the quakes. If you’ve read the intro to the thread, you’ll see how I theorized that the gas release may actually be the cause of all these accelerated events. I don’t know, I’m far from a scientist, but I won’t deny that in the past couple of years things have noticeably increased in frequency and intensity. The argument that it hasn’t increased, it’s very normal, doesn’t fly with me because I’ve always been a ‘news’ guy. I’ve always paid attention, after all, I’m a small town news editor, and it’s always been my job to pay attention.

Anyways, I appreciate that you, Steve, recognize that this thread is very important and I wish it would get more attention here at ATS (not for stars and flags) but for serious discussion because I too believe this is not a joke. It was discussed on ATS Live Saturday night in the turbo section where they discuss certain threads for 2 minutes max. Well, these ‘experts’ brushed it off as a joke stating that methane has always been released and that carbon dioxide isn’t much threat. I wonder if they even read the thread.

There are many very intelligent people here at ATS (many who pretend to be anyways) and I was hoping some of them would come on to this thread and offer their opinions, but they have all steered clear. As I peruse other threads, there they are, arguing away for science, so it really makes me wonder why they have all avoided this very important topic. To me, it says this thread has merit and that they have nothing to counter-offer.

I don’t like to be a doom and gloom person. I don’t want to be viewed as a fear-mongerer. In my day to day life I’m far from it. I’m a public figure in my little region of Wisconsin and the last thing I need to do is discuss doom and gloom. Like I said, I only stumbled on this stuff in my search for answers to the booms and shakes in Clintonville, WI. But, I am a realist, and this stuff is real. The more we can get people to discuss this topic, the more we can get them to wake up. What good will it do? I’m not sure because I don’t know the real time tables here. I like to hope that Johnny is wrong on that part.

Any new folks coming to this thread, please read the entire intro post to the thread, it’s very informative.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

What do you feel is the Correct PPM? Rate of PPM a year etc?

The way things look is that this is a snowball that is already rolling and to stop it would be a very difficult task.

I'm still on with the BioDomes much like Cowboy Bebop.

Everything could be controlled within those environments.

To do that though would take work from some of the greedy. Which it's all about money right now.

I also feel we should push for space stations and move colony to space.

If all money was used from each country to put into this and resources came together I think a space colony would be possibly within 10 years.

It seems that they are still in it for the money though =[.

Which would explain a lot of underground bunkers with Hydroponic systems and many other things.

I know I'm already creating Hydroponic systems and my own food sources/plants that will allow me to at least stay alive in my home for the time being.

If I had money like the greedy I would create a bunker too.

Then again I would feel bad for the few, Unlike the greedy Governments.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by JrDavis

What do you feel is the Correct PPM? Rate of PPM a year etc?

The way things look is that this is a snowball that is already rolling and to stop it would be a very difficult task.

I'm still on with the BioDomes much like Cowboy Bebop.

That's sort of a problem with hydrogen sulfide: you can't look at overall PPM in the atmosphere, because it falls to the ground, because it's a heavier-than-air gas. The important PPM is 1000 PPM, because that's lethal, but it could be 1000 PPM inside a gas plume, but 100 feet away it might be totally fine. I did some math once though. One cubic mile of liquid hydrogen sulfide would be enough to create a layer over the entire planet that is 8 feet thick at a concentration of 1000 PPM. 258 cubic miles of pure gaseous hydrogen sulfide would be enough to do the same thing. I think the oceans could do that, and more. Some would burn and react away, of course, but before it kills pretty much everything with fires, explosions and poisoning? That's the question. And I don't know how we interrupt this process. It has the feel of one of those kinds of events that gathers momentum and becomes unstoppable, like a planetary disease that must run its course before things get better.

I don't think surface-based bio-domes will work, at least not on Earth, because of the extreme heat of the fires, and the force of the explosions. Not unless we have made some serious materials science advances or physics leaps that I'm not aware of. That's why I think we have to move underground or off-planet, or maybe underwater. I think 'they' know that too, and they're keeping us in the dark because so few can be saved. And the first duty of a government is 'protect the people'. But what if they CAN'T perform that duty? Then it appears they just try to keep it a secret for as long as possible. Well, yeah, I sorta understand that, but I really do believe that if we just accepted reality, faced it down, and stopped putting so much energy and resources into pointless pursuits then many MORE could be saved, by creating more Plan B facilities like whatever 'they' have already decided will work best, whatever that may be. More underground stuff, underwater cities, more lunar colonies, Mars colonies, orbital colonies, whatever. And that difference could be you, or me, or anyone.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rezlooper
I’m not sure because I don’t know the real time tables here. I like to hope that Johnny is wrong on that part.

Jonny hopes Jonny is wrong on that part too!

Also, SteveR, I did add some important things to the scientists' hypothesis there. The very first thing I realized, which they never mention at all (because in geologic timescales I guess it doesn't mean much), is, holy crap, this stuff is ridiculously flammable and explosive! (Methane is too, but not like hydrogen sulfide.) That was why I made that my first prediction, the fires and explosions. Maybe that doesn't mean much in geologic timeframes, but when you're living in the timeframe that it occurs, it looks like it means a whole lot. Also, that's a very hard thing to hide from people, so I thought that might be the most effective 'wakeup tool'. Hard to miss big ol' car carriers in flames on the side of the road. Hard to ignore or hide thunderous house-shaking explosions with flashes of light in the sky. The corpses mostly look like 'natural causes'. I didn't think the people dying would be so easy to hide, but it looks like I significantly underestimated their ability to hide that part of things. (Which is why I made several predictions, hedged my bets, figuring they couldn't really hide ALL of this from people.)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Let me throw some old conspiracy theories in too. I never gave these much credence myself, but one looks at things differently once you wake up to this H2S-methane problem. First, as part of my hypothesis, as one of the proposed explanations for weird stuff, all these weird creatures popping up, especially those that look like they have a human component: Mother Nature filling gaps caused by the UV damage with genetic data. My explanation is that the genetic 'patching' data is coming from passing viruses, because viruses are EVERYWHERE, and scientists using gene therapy use them to deliver genetic information, so it's clearly something they can be used for via science. Well, maybe it's not just science that makes it possible, but nature itself, under the right conditions (the foreign species probably has to share a lot of the same 'code', like no flower-human chimeras, or snake-bacteria chimeras).

Well, there were those stories from Dulce, where weird part-human things were supposedly seen, and conspiracists theorized that we were doing bizarre experiments with human genetic manipulation. What if those things did exist, but they were things we FOUND, out in the wild? We'd certainly want to study them, to try to grasp the problem, understand the mechanism, see if anything could be done to stop it. Because that alone could be a fearsome danger. Some guy in Mexico caught a little humanoid thing, looked like a human-lizard chimera to me. Not even a foot tall, but had a big skull for its size, and it had HANDS, walked upright. He said he saw a second one, but didn't catch that one.

That could be a nightmare for human civilization, something like that, a small tool-using hominid with human or near-human intelligence. And some lizard species reproduce via parthenogenesis, meaning they don't need a mate; they only need one. And they lay eggs, so if they hatch big broods, they could raise an army quickly. They could observe us, learn from us, adapt our weaponry, infiltrate our cities via routes we wouldn't expect because of their small size, work together as teams to take us down when we're isolated. There've been some strange animal deaths the last year, 'puncture wounds', no apparent motive. I have to wonder, are there human-whatever chimeras breeding out there in the wild right now, learning simple weapons like small bows and spears? There very well could be.

Next, the stories of the train cars, supposedly built during the Bush administration, with shackles in them. And the 'anti-zombie' training in California a coupla months ago. Maybe those cars are to transport the people who've sustained enough neurological damage to become violently insane, perhaps even super-humanly strong. But transfer them where? Well, then there's the stories of the guillotines. You wouldn't ever be able to cure these people; the damage is permanent. And it would take too many resources to keep them alive, so you'd need to humanely kill them. I mean, what's the alternative? Is there one? And guillotines are pretty humane; they're fast, they're easy to assemble, they don't require electricity.

Like you said, these things don't matter all that much in the big scheme of things. I just don't like unsolved mysteries, and perhaps these are the answers to a few of them. Or maybe not. Who knows. Worth a little pondering though.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Hey Johnny, check out this new thread. Not sure about it having to do with your hypothesis, but I just thought it has to have something to do with the atmosphere, just not sure how. It's a video of a strange light from the sun, having some sort of bent sunlight effect. Sun goes down in the west and has strange bright rays in the east all the way down to horizon. Very strange indeed. Keeping an eye on thread to see if anyone comes up with a plausible explanation on this phenomenon, or if the skeptics can debunk the video in anyway, but I doubt it, looks authentic.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Hey Johnny, check out this new thread. Not sure about it having to do with your hypothesis, but I just thought it has to have something to do with the atmosphere, just not sure how. It's a video of a strange light from the sun, having some sort of bent sunlight effect. Sun goes down in the west and has strange bright rays in the east all the way down to horizon. Very strange indeed. Keeping an eye on thread to see if anyone comes up with a plausible explanation on this phenomenon, or if the skeptics can debunk the video in anyway, but I doubt it, looks authentic.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Wow! Don't have any idea how that'd relate, you're right about that. But that's some wild sh$t there! Never seen anything like that before, and no idea what that could be. Looks kinda otherworldly! WTF was that?

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

LOL, that's what I'm saying. Very strange indeed. It seems like its the sunlight bending back in to the atmosphere in some weird way, but how does it converge into a single spot at the horizon like that? Weird! With all this talk about your theory and everything else lately, it seems it would play something's definitely wrong with the atmosphere, but I just don't know of anything that could cause that phenomenon. Hopefully, someone can explain it.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

Here's what was found to explain it

Explanation: What's happening over the horizon? Although the scene may appear somehow supernatural, nothing more unusual is occurring than a setting Sun and some well placed clouds. Pictured above are anticrepuscular rays. To understand them, start by picturing common crepuscular rays that are seen any time that sunlight pours though scattered clouds. Now although sunlight indeed travels along straight lines, the projections of these lines onto the spherical sky are great circles. Therefore, the crepuscular rays from a setting (or rising) sun will appear to re-converge on the other side of the sky. At the anti-solar point 180 degrees around from the Sun, they are referred to as anticrepuscular rays. Pictured above is a particularly striking set of anticrepuscular rays photographed in 2001 from a moving car just outside of Boulder, Colorado, USA.

Source

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Here's a question put forth about the gases from the LA sinkhole drifting over Texas. Could this be the cause of the explosions in Texas, the power pole fires and more. Before Its News is where I found this and they ask if the gas is drifting there and then meteor's provided the spark.

What is the nexus between FEMA activity in the Beaumont, TX port (which is the nearest port to the petrol sinkhole at Byou Corne, LA), fireballs over nearby Houston, TX (just to the West of Byou Corne along the Gulf), and power line poles in counties to the north and south of Houston bursting into flames? It is certainly not the fog! If the moisture in fog could cause an arc on pole tops, what happens in Texas during the rain? Electric lines can cause an arc, and heat from meteors can likewise spark an explosion, but what would the fuel be? The collapsing and leaking salt dome cavern near Byou Corne is doing more than putting an oil slick on the surface of the sinkhole. The petrol on the surface is vaporizing into the air, and being blown about by the winds, and though oil and water do not mix, oil can settle on the surface of water and this includes the surface of water droplets in the air, i.e. fog! Why are the meteor showers in the area turning into fireballs, appearing aflame in the skies? The winds are blowing fuel, and there are explosions in abundance! Is FEMA concerned about a possible conflagration at Byou Corne, with a sudden need to evacuate residents in the area? It is more than just that sinkhole, as numerous salt dome caverns used to store petrol products are in use in the region.

Is LA sinkhole gas drifting as far as Texas?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Here's a question put forth about the gases from the LA sinkhole drifting over Texas. Could this be the cause of the explosions in Texas, the power pole fires and more. Before Its News is where I found this and they ask if the gas is drifting there and then meteor's provided the spark.

What is the nexus between FEMA activity in the Beaumont, TX port (which is the nearest port to the petrol sinkhole at Byou Corne, LA), fireballs over nearby Houston, TX (just to the West of Byou Corne along the Gulf), and power line poles in counties to the north and south of Houston bursting into flames? It is certainly not the fog! If the moisture in fog could cause an arc on pole tops, what happens in Texas during the rain? Electric lines can cause an arc, and heat from meteors can likewise spark an explosion, but what would the fuel be? The collapsing and leaking salt dome cavern near Byou Corne is doing more than putting an oil slick on the surface of the sinkhole. The petrol on the surface is vaporizing into the air, and being blown about by the winds, and though oil and water do not mix, oil can settle on the surface of water and this includes the surface of water droplets in the air, i.e. fog! Why are the meteor showers in the area turning into fireballs, appearing aflame in the skies? The winds are blowing fuel, and there are explosions in abundance! Is FEMA concerned about a possible conflagration at Byou Corne, with a sudden need to evacuate residents in the area? It is more than just that sinkhole, as numerous salt dome caverns used to store petrol products are in use in the region.

Is LA sinkhole gas drifting as far as Texas?

Wouldn't be enough gas coming from any one sinkhole to cause all the fires just in Texas, much less everywhere else. There may be some coming up from the sinkhole, but the primary source has to be the dead zones, in the Gulf of Mexico and elsewhere. Nothing else would explain how fierce and how widespread these fires are getting. It also doesn't need any meteor to ignite. Copper, rusted iron, various chemicals, a cigarette, static electricity, lightning, a barbecue grill, even body heat I think with some of the clothes/people bursting into flame. Another guy on fire in Dayton (Ohio) in today's update. Five more barns went up in flames too, and another fire broke out at the World Trade Center on the East Coast, all kindsa stuff burning now.

Not even sure they're really seeing meteors in all these cases. What would a heavier-than-air gas plume descending as it blows with the wind and igniting look like? Might just look kinda like a meteor.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Sounds logical about the meteor's. I've been questioning the meteor's and this rise in fireball sightings. Here's another news story about booms and shakes in India. In the end, they said this was caused by an earthquake, but not so sure because they said they heard a loud noise before the tremors.

A loud sound is said to have been heard over a stretch of about 15 kilometres just before the tremors. A shaking experience was felt for about five to ten seconds in Koodlumane, Mandagadde, Hegalatti, Totadakoppa, Talale, Singanabidire and Moorukai villages. Utensils and household effects rattled loudly. A few even rolled down to the floor. Residents ran out of their houses in scare. Domestic animals behaved strangely at the moment and dogs barked continuously, said residents. Initially it was thought to be an aftershock of some mining activity. But since there was no mining in progress anywhere around, it was concluded that it was certainly a mild earthquake. Old-timers recalled that there was a similar experience sometime in 1984.

Source

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
This is tremors from Sri Lanka thought to be man-made

The Geological Mines and Survey Bureau (GMSB) said they suspect the series of tremors reported from Ampara within the past few weeks, to be man-made. GMSB Chairman, Dr. N P Wijayananda speaking to Daily Mirror said, “We suspect the tremors to be man-made based on the information we have received so far through the seismic monitoring systems installed in the areas few weeks ago. The development projects that are being carried out in the North and East could be causing these tremors as they involve deep piling. However, we have not reached a final conclusion and therefore we will be continuing the investigations.” A series of tremors were reported form the areas of Wadinagala, Dewalakanda and Damana, Ampara for the past few weeks, its latest reported just a few days ago. Dr. Wijayananda said these tremors are being reported according to a certain pattern. (LP)

Source

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Sounds logical about the meteor's. I've been questioning the meteor's and this rise in fireball sightings. Here's another news story about booms and shakes in India. In the end, they said this was caused by an earthquake, but not so sure because they said they heard a loud noise before the tremors.

A loud sound is said to have been heard over a stretch of about 15 kilometres just before the tremors. A shaking experience was felt for about five to ten seconds in Koodlumane, Mandagadde, Hegalatti, Totadakoppa, Talale, Singanabidire and Moorukai villages. Utensils and household effects rattled loudly. A few even rolled down to the floor. Residents ran out of their houses in scare. Domestic animals behaved strangely at the moment and dogs barked continuously, said residents. Initially it was thought to be an aftershock of some mining activity. But since there was no mining in progress anywhere around, it was concluded that it was certainly a mild earthquake. Old-timers recalled that there was a similar experience sometime in 1984.

Source

Yeah, so hard to tell with some of these stories. I usually don't include these for that reason. But really, who knows? Once you realize that governments aren't telling us the truth, everything they say becomes at least somewhat suspect. I will call your Indian boom doom and raise you one house exploding and burning in Princeton (Massachusetts!)

Home explodes and burns and kills man in Princeton (Massachusetts)

edit on 27-12-2012 by JonnyMnemonic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Lol, well I have one more from India. This one wasn't registered on Richter scales. More booming and shaking.

KANNUR: Mild tremors were felt at Chapparapadavu and Alakkode regions of Thaliparamba near here on Saturday. The tremors, which were not measured on the Richter scale, were recurrent in the area, probably owing to the functioning of granite quarries, revenue officials said. The quivers were felt between 4 am and 6 am. It had occurred three to four times in the last month. The tremor on Saturday had resulted in minor crack on the wall of a house in the area, they said.

Source

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Lol, well I have one more from India. This one wasn't registered on Richter scales. More booming and shaking.

KANNUR: Mild tremors were felt at Chapparapadavu and Alakkode regions of Thaliparamba near here on Saturday. The tremors, which were not measured on the Richter scale, were recurrent in the area, probably owing to the functioning of granite quarries, revenue officials said. The quivers were felt between 4 am and 6 am. It had occurred three to four times in the last month. The tremor on Saturday had resulted in minor crack on the wall of a house in the area, they said.

Source

I'm more suspicious about this one, because of the time they are happening, in the very wee hours, shortly before sunrise. First of all, do they even work in the quarry at that hour? But secondly, a lot of the fires and explosions seem to happen in the wee hours. I think that is because the atmosphere is not the same depth at all hours. It will contract when cooler, expand when warmer. So at that hour, it will have been shrunk as far as it gets, which means any gas up above will potentially be pushed down lower to the ground at that time, then the sun hits, the atmosphere starts to expand again, and that effect lessens. So booms that occur regularly in the wee hours like that, that makes me suspicious about what's going on. That would also be a good time for governments to PURPOSELY detonate plumes (to protect us, even if they aren't tell us what's up), when everyone is asleep.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join