Oklahoma teen arrested in school shooting plot

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

BARTLESVILLE, Okla. (AP) — Hours before a gunman opened fire at a Connecticut elementary school, police in Oklahoma arrested a teenager for allegedly plotting to attack his high school and trying to recruit classmates to help him. Police in Bartlesville, a community about 40 miles north of Tulsa, arrested 18-year-old Sammie Eaglebear Chavez shortly before 5 a.m. Friday on charges of conspiring to cause serious bodily harm or death.

Chavez told the students he planned to place bombs at the doors that he'd detonate when police arrived, and he threatened to kill students who didn't want to join him, police wrote. Investigators said Chavez told a teacher earlier this month that he had bought a .45-caliber gun and had been learning to shoot it.

LINK

There is something seriously wrong with this country.

Mass shootings seem to be becoming the norm, this is an epidemic now. But what's the cause? Too many guns? Too many crazies running loose? Too many broken families? This kid already had a .45 caliber gun.

We need to do something about this folks, We can't keep brushing these things under the rug. We need to do something about this that does not punish law abiding citizens.

Banning weapons is not the answer, but I'm all for stricter control of guns and more thorough background checks and longer waiting periods.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

I just saw this on CNN. What are the chances of two school shootings like this? One taking place and one discovered on the same day. Certainly gives pause to consider the idea out there for contribution from an outside source.

There really are no coincidences.

All is for a reason. Human planned or other?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Gun control laws will do nothing but make it harder for law abiding citizens to obtain firearms. If a criminal wants a gun chances are they are not going to do it legally.

Truth be told I am starting to wonder if some of these younger shooters aren't the product of the medicated children that were pumped full of ritalin and the like because parents decided that they no longer wanted to parent, and the laws prevented them from properly disciplining them. Just me thinking out loud, but it is odd that these shooters of late are so young with so much ahead of them.
edit on 12/15/2012 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

Next week's going to get weird, I think.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
This is what I really worry about, copycat killings with people reading to much into 2012 etc I really fear more mass murders before the end of the week.
Maybe the media should not report it? I do not know.
Lets all use the force to send out positive vibes and maybe we will not see any more.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Has the whole damn world gone mad?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Can you legally buy a .45 caliber handgun in Oklahoma at 18 yrs old? If not, they forgot to mention that the gun was stolen.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by FinalCountdown
reply to post by liveandlearn

Next week's going to get weird, I think.

I had a discussion with a friend last night about this very thing. I worry about the people that have convinced themselves that world is truly going to end next Friday. To put it into perspective if you "knew" beyond a shadow of a doubt that the world was going to end in one week what would you do?

Now take that thought and apply it to these people that have themselves convinced that the world will end on 12/21/12 and you will get the idea of how crazy things just might get.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
In my opinion, when its not a case of MK-Ultra mind control for political purposes, its likely just a chronic dissatisfaction with one's life that causes one to become angry and hostile and has been suppressed for years. Especially during adolescence, life can seem hopeless and cruel and they only solution the kid sees and desires is blood justice. And so the world at large and likely other more specific targets must be forced to pay. but its a last-ditch effort to in some twisted way "set things right", then of course in many cases, suicide. In the eyes of the unbalanced, its the only way to "beat the house" so to speak.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frettin
Can you legally buy a .45 caliber handgun in Oklahoma at 18 yrs old? If not, they forgot to mention that the gun was stolen.

Yes in some states they have what is called private party transfer that allows a person that can legally own a long gun which is 18 years of age in most states to be able to possess a hand gun either by gift, inheritance, or private purchase from and individual.
edit on 12/15/2012 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

But is Oklahoma one of those states? I actually heard you can buy one by private party transfer, but you cannot buy ammo. If thats the case, it'd be hard to learn how to shoot your gun without ammo, which he claimed he was doing. I don't know, just spitballing here.
edit on 15-12-2012 by Frettin because: (no reason given)
edit on 15-12-2012 by Frettin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Are people just tired of others or something now? There must be something to this mentality of shooting others. Is there some sort of pent up aggression at society as a whole? Or perhaps something within' their own community that is making people plot and even carry these acts out?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I'd say we need to do something about the mindset which has developed in our youth to think there is anything even remotely acceptable or positive about this. It's not every time ..in fact, rarely... that you hear about a spree killer going on a recruiting campaign beforehand. That speaks volumes to this kid's delusion of it being acceptable to at least a % of his classmates ....hence, trying to get them to be helpers.

Incredible. It's just mind boggling. Something horrible has changed in the youth and every statistic shows it. Violence at the level it's at now was rare to unheard of when I was in school just over 20 years ago. That wasn't THAT long ago and I promise everyone who wasn't around then...guns were no less a thing to buy up and have large, expansive collections of then than they are now. Nothing on THAT has changed and actually, it's gotten more difficult to get them in many ways over those 2 decades. Guns aren't the problem.

Never.. once.. EVER... did it occur to me to use violence like they do now at school. Nor anyone I knew....and I did run in a tough crowd. Just my nature and always has been. That's what's changed. What was unthinkable is now not so far out of doing to disturbed minds. Suicide didn't used to include taking a whole school or even classroom with you. It's becoming a scary world for the rapidly falling price of life.

Or perhaps...we're just seeing in the West now what much of the rest of the world has lived with for a reality in the value of life for a long time now? All things being equal, I'd have been happy to not see it at all. how do we reverse the evil fad?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
But what's the cause?

Classism
Materialism
Judgment and condemnation for those without said materials
A willingness to sell another person
Hyper competitiveness towards acquisition

Take your pick.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Many years too late Wrabbit......sow the dragons teeth, and reap the whirlwind i am afraid.....
The crop is too close to harvest to be trying to" fertilize"
it now....
Look at the souless geed that adults display....the kids are not unobservant in fact they are very alert.
All the stupidity that get dumped into them along with the mind altering chemicaks we give them....well...IDK if there is any salvaging the situation....
Maybe well just have to "out grow it".......make the required changes and suffer the consequences till the kids come on board......For that to happen we are going to have to set the examples......
personally, i think that much deeper games are afoot here....much more sinister plans are comming to fruition.....
Remember, we are simply livestock to those with power....
If they can allow Pearl harbour, 9/11 or Waco to happen to complete an agenda...well what is our lives really worth?..
Think about it...If you feel 9/11 was at all an inside job or massive cover up of ineptitude....
We are being played either way....
The first truck bomb to go off at the WTC was supplied by the FBI!(they chose to provide a live bomb rather than a dud....!)
But people want to forget these facts.not act on them

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frettin

Yes, in Oklahoma you can legally buy a gun at 18 years old. The gun laws in Oklahoma are pretty lax compared to some other states and mostly favor the citizens rather than hinder them.

It's a terrible thing really, all these shootings. I think people are loosing it because they have lost sight of what is real and what isn't.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
When I was in high school, over 30 years ago, it was nothing to see a pick-up truck with a gun rack in the back window and a shotgun and rifle in the rack in the school parking lot. At lunch we would leave campus and go to whatever store we wanted and buy ourselves a sandwich and drink or we stayed and ate at the cafeteria since the food was actually quite good.

If someone got into an argument and a fight ensued no one ever thought of going to those trucks and getting the guns. We handled things with our fists or if caught the coach would usually take us to the gym and put the boxing gloves on us and have us slug it out till one of us called it quits. Quite a few friends were made at the end of a good ol' fashioned brawl.

For some reason, in the eyes of todays kids, life is cheap. Perhaps they don't even view life as reality and don't understand the true consequences of their decisions. Either way, somewhere along the journey from the 1970's to now, we have lost our way.

I have one child, a daughter 19 years old, and she was raised up around guns and her mother and I taught her about the sanctity of life. I also taught her, just as I was taught, not to let anyone put their hands on her and I taught her self-defense. In the true spirit of self-defense she has never had to harm anyone and she went to some pretty violent public schools but because she walked with purpose she was always left alone.

We can't blame all of these crimes on the single-parent, poor families as some of these violent kids are from well-to-do families. Something has anesthetized a critical part of the brain of these people so that they can't function properly.

I don't know what the answer is only that I, like the rest of you, realize that their is a major problem in our society.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Cellular phones and accompanying radiations are the culprits.

Most brains been fried. We live in electromagnetic atmosphere nowadays. How many experiments have been carried out on safety limits and how susceptible we are ? Not many is the answer and most were pro corporations who supply the phone and services. Which scientists would want to be blacklisted by those corporations by producing a conclusion differed from those that been peddled to us.Those few that had spoken out were silenced.

These phones been mainstreamed in the past 20 years and the ensuing craziness has just reached the adolescent stage. This is not happening only to us human only, look at those bees, whales, flocks of birds just dropped dead from the sky to name a few. These anomalies are all around us. In another 20 years when it reaches maturity, it is a possible civilisations ending cause.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I'd say we need to do something about the mindset which has developed in our youth to think there is anything even remotely acceptable or positive about this. It's not every time ..in fact, rarely... that you hear about a spree killer going on a recruiting campaign beforehand. That speaks volumes to this kid's delusion of it being acceptable to at least a % of his classmates ....hence, trying to get them to be helpers.

Incredible. It's just mind boggling. Something horrible has changed in the youth and every statistic shows it. Violence at the level it's at now was rare to unheard of when I was in school just over 20 years ago. That wasn't THAT long ago and I promise everyone who wasn't around then...guns were no less a thing to buy up and have large, expansive collections of then than they are now. Nothing on THAT has changed and actually, it's gotten more difficult to get them in many ways over those 2 decades. Guns aren't the problem.

Never.. once.. EVER... did it occur to me to use violence like they do now at school. Nor anyone I knew....and I did run in a tough crowd. Just my nature and always has been. That's what's changed. What was unthinkable is now not so far out of doing to disturbed minds. Suicide didn't used to include taking a whole school or even classroom with you. It's becoming a scary world for the rapidly falling price of life.

Or perhaps...we're just seeing in the West now what much of the rest of the world has lived with for a reality in the value of life for a long time now? All things being equal, I'd have been happy to not see it at all. how do we reverse the evil fad?

I went to a small school in the Country. We actually were excused from school for opening day of rifle season (for Deer Hunting). Most owned guns. pretty much everyone did some form of shooting.

I graduated in 1993.

What has changed is technology. It is dehumanizing people. We are beginning to live on screen, our friends talk to us on screen, life is all on screen. The human equation of real interaction and empathy is being eroded as we spend less time in the "real" world.

Couple that with wifi everywhere, cellphone towers,. etc. (who knows how they are contributing to the overall madness) and we are slowly become a mad society ruled by the mad in a world of madness.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Or what about the extreme violence most of us are fed, quite regularly and thoroughly, by the media?

(Which has always been funny to me-- drop an "F-bomb" or show a woman topless on regular TV and face an FCC fine... the body, language, sexuality are made out to be filthy and bad things... but violence? The more the merrier, it would seem)

But I agree that something has changed. I think part of it may be a lax attitude toward violence, or less respect for life. I know many will disagree with me, but the waning influence of religion may play some role. I think a lot of kids growing up today are disillusioned and disappointed with the world, with society, and don't know how to react, or where to find their place.

And yes, I think somehow "consequence" seems lost on a lot of kids. But isn't that how it's always been with kids?

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join