It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WBC - Westboro Baptist Church to picket Newtown, CT School Shooting

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Bisman

Free speech does not include verbal and psychological harassment through hate crime. Very different.
Your Freedom ends where mine begins, its not limitless

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by davjan4
People gathering to dance on the graves of children makes you realize that satan is indeed real. There is no other explanation for that kind of evil. It is the perfect way to make people hate Christians.

Of course these people are not Christians. They are servants of satan. Plain and simple.

Of course, they are the embodiment of evil, this is the face of the anti-christ.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Bisman

NOTHING to do with against free speech, they can what they want, that's their right, but they shouldn't do it at funerals. Let em spew their filth were others care to listen, it sure as hell ain't at a funeral

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by nighthawk1954
YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!

Bad enough some of my friends lost their kids and grand children....BUT THIS!

Oh yeah I'll be there to stop these SOB'S!

If you get the chance, give them one for me and tell them its a delayed message from Aus... If not just let them know we still remember what they said and to never set foot in our country again.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthSeekerMike

Those people bother me. The same week half the people are begging for no second amendment the other half will beg for no first.

I hadn't thought of it that way. But now you've mentioned it, it seems rather...convenient. I won't go so far as to say 'conspiracy', but it certainly seems like exactly the right set-up in which to seize an opportunity.

It will be interesting, to say the least.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

Originally posted by nighthawk1954
YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!

Bad enough some of my friends lost their kids and grand children....BUT THIS!

Oh yeah I'll be there to stop these SOB'S!

If you get the chance, give them one for me and tell them its a delayed message from Aus... If not just let them know we still remember what they said and to never set foot in our country again.

Don't worry Brother....I am already in contact with my fellow Firefighters in Newtown and we WILL band together to STOP them!

edit on 16-12-2012 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I just wanted to clarify something that so many seem to miss here. The U.S. Constitution is a document that regulates, restricts and defines the power of GOVERNMENT. Not the Citizens. The 1st Amendment means no GOVERNMENT entity, as found over the years through interpretation, can do anything to infringe upon my right.

However...that doesn't mean my fellow citizens HAVE to tolerate it or can't shout me down so hard, someone 5 feet away can't hear a thing.

So...It seems many bring up the 1st amendment in relation to the WBC haters like it's relevant. It's only relevant if the City, County or State are talking about doing something about these people in ANY official way. That can't be done. It's illegal...and rightly so. We may be a future WBC, as society views it, on issues that are NOT repugnant. Can't go down the path of suppression...even on these morons.

As noted though...the 1st isn't a law over citizens. Like I noted earlier in the thread? Nothing says citizens can't rudely park to block in every WBC car that comes to town while they sleep...so they are stuck in the morning. Parking enforcement can just be busy with the funeral.. ya know?
No Constitutional issue there. Just citizens self-policing those who would abuse the rights we all have.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I really hope they hold up the "Thank God for dead babies" sign that they used to use and some parent snaps like a toothpick and guns these idiots down.

I am sure there would be no shortage of people who would be more than happy to donate money for a good legal team.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Admittedly I have not read the entire thread so this may have been posted before (sorry)...I for one, have sent an e-mail to my local Patriot Guard Captain and also the Captain for Connecticut and Massachusetts...maybe if we influx them with requests thay will reconsider attending for the families sakes....just look up Patriot Guard and scroll down to the link for Captains...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
The thing is though WBC are not the only ones saying that if god had been in the school or words to that effect this wouldn't of happened.

The shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary yesterday has been shocking to everyone. On Dec. 14, Mike Huckabee of the show "Huckabee" is speaking out and saying he feels that the lack of God in school is a big part of the problem. According to Huffington Post, Mike thinks that Adam Lanza's shooting at Sandy Hook is partially based on the fact that Satan is getting into our schools now. He said: "We ask why there is violence in our schools, but we have systematically removed God from our schools, Should we be so surprised that schools would become a place of carnage?"

www.examiner.com...

also

Washington, Dec. 16 (ANI): American Family Association spokesman Bryan Fischer has made a controversial comment in the wake of the Connecticut school tragedy where a frantic gunman killed nearly 20 kids. The conservative Christian said on his radio show that God did not protect the victims of the Connecticut shooting because prayer has been prohibited from the public school system.

in.news.yahoo.com...

The fact remains that increasingly in America 'god' is the answer to everything, now maybe some of the victims at the school or their family members were regular church attendees, yet that did not appear to save them (if this is the case), from where i am it seems that this increase in what can only be described as Christian fundamentalism is no different from the Islamic fundamentalism that the US government is fighting against,from what i have seen & read the majority of people in the so called 'Bible Belt' are gun toting, anti-abortion, racist, sexist, homophobic, creationist zealots.

If people believe in a god (any god from any of the religions) then surely he allowed this to happen just as he allows worms to eat into children's eyes in Africa making them blind.

www.youtube.com...

The WBC has the constructional right to believe in what they want & also to protest if they so wish, yet this very same construction is the one that allows citizens of the USA to bear arms.

You have both & if you can take away the WBC rights then surely you can take away the right to bear arms ?

Myself, i think it is wrong for the WBC to do this, but i also think it is wrong for a country to sell guns next to grocery's.
edit on 16/12/12 by DanaKatherineScully because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Sounds like a plan to me brother

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I have read all the replies this morning. I
am unable to reply to individual posts at the moment, my touchpad does not like those function keys.

There are a few FB community that have been growing since this announcement last night. However, there are those who are angry (naturally), and those who want to be peaceful and just keep this away from the mourning families. The last tweet I saw was announcing they would be in Newtown by 7 p.m. This evening.

I am hoping that they do not show up. And if they do have the balls, I hope that they are kept far from any of these family members.

I do not want to imagine what could come of this quite frankly......

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
If their kids ever die I wonder how many people would picket the funeral with signs like "You deserve it" and "Look how much God loves you now".

I know its cruel but they kind of do deserve it. Also, for the record I don't actually wish death upon their children.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
On a good note!
On another note, the Monroe Board of Education is loaning Chalk Hill School to Newtown to use instead of Sandy Hook Elementary School. I am very happy to hear that, as I think it would be devastating for many of those children to go back to school there. Sandy Hook has a lot of students, and it would not have been easy to relocate them other than to an unoccupied school, and thankfully Monroe has one.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I'm a pretty tolerant guy and I really support the the bill of rights.
Perhaps a compromise ? Carry them a few miles down the road to where you find a tree near the road ( well away from the nearest house ) and chain them to it . That way they can protest all they want and the people who are in pain don't have to listen to them .

I'm sort of not joking here . I don't believe that freedom of speech or freedom of religion gives you the right to cause as much trouble as you can at every opportunity , or to kick people who aren't doing anything to you when they're down .

This small herd of animals called the westboro baptist church disgusts me .

I forgot to mention that this way you wouldn't have to expend all that manpower to keep them at arms length and with everything else that's going on who could blame you if you forgot they were out there for a few days ?
edit on 16-12-2012 by thudpuddy because: forgot something

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by summer5
I am hoping that they do not show up. And if they do have the balls, I hope that they are kept far from any of these family members.

I do not want to imagine what could come of this quite frankly......

I'm with you on this 100%. As much as I would like to see WBC get their comeuppance one of these days and maybe go protest the funeral of a Hell's Angel or something. They may literally just vanish and never be heard from again that way. It honestly wouldn't bother me a bit to hear that happened to these hateful, sorry excuses for human beings.

Having gotten all that out (Whew.. feel better too ) Not like this. Not here. Even if nothing bad happens to them, they are making a bad thing worse and more painful than it already is by their mere presence. If the community does react....two things will happen. Some WBC may end up badly hurt or even killed from this....and the WBC will sue and end up owning a good part of the town when they are done. I'd imagine they've even discussed all that and considered the angles by now, if they are coming to town as advertised.

I hope no one there does anything rash...for the sake of the families and all those in town to mourn an unthinkable tragedy. Not here.. Not like this.... Those hateful trolls will have their day come, but it doesn't have to be this one, right?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
If this hate filled inbread group is in the area then does that mean their compound is empty/unguarded?

Not that i would ever incite or encourage any one to do any thing that's against the law of the land.

Just a thought.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
THEY'RE GONNA EAT YER BABIES!

Good ole Fred Phelps and his loony band of Kansas God fearing fanatics.
They love God so much that they disown their own children in favor of being insane to their cause. Their cause is that God hates America and fags and that they will be saved. I think that's their cause.

I agree that WBC of course should be able to express their rights to protest and say whatever they want. The thing is, their protests are of the most horrific sort. They picket funerals and say the most outrageous things. I am completely stunned that no one has gone postal on them. How can we have ppl shooting up schools up and hospitals, killing innocent strangers, when we have true dangerous people like the WBC who continually do what they do and remain unscathed?

Sooner or later someone is going to go to Kansas and blow these lunatics and their cult away. It is a foregone conclusion and overdue.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
It's time we start protesting funerals of these m@th*rFu%@#Rs.

Pathetic times we live in. I'm embarrassed to be part of it. I sure hope nobody is watching
us on a cosmic level. It's disgraceful.

The future of man is doomed. I know most of you have good hearts, feel love and compassion,
but as a species we have failed on every level.

Anyone who thinks humanity can be turned around into something positive is bat $#it crazy.

It's great to think positive, and I urge you to continue...But don't for a minute think that you
will EVER live a time of peace and harmony

Peace and Harmony are science-fiction.

wow

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
nighthawk THAT is great news. I could not imagine sending those children back to the school. I know there is a petition to rebuild the school so that non of those babies have to walk back into the scene of the crime.

I just read an article that said WBC is planning on being there tonight for Obamas visit. Maybe, just maybe, that's the event they want to be present for - lots of national coverage.

blog.ctnews.com...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join