It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WBC - Westboro Baptist Church to picket Newtown, CT School Shooting

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I think its about time Obama and co staged some kind of accident upon the westbro compound...
Maybe an f-16 could "malfunction"and drop a couple of JDAMS on their compound?

Heck,the government could even say it was a meteor strike-I mean who would give a damn?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Westboro isnt a religion, its a financial scam. They provoke vunerable greiving people to sue them, they exist on the countersuit wins(on the basis of free speech) for costs

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
These children were taken because God needed his angels to do more important work.

Westboro obviously doesn't understand this. I just feel sorry for them, they are so misguided.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SprocketUK
reply to post by khimbar

Free speech has responsibilities. You wouldn't yell fire in a cinema unless there was one.
Similarly, trying to cause psychological hurt to people with words isn't much different to trying to cause physical harm with your fists if you get right down to it.

I agree with this. What WBC does isn't free speech, it is verbal, emotional & psychological abuse. I don't understand how they're barred from physically harming anyone, but are freely allowed to do exactly that with words. To me, this is a disgusting cop-out to call it "free speech". It's not. They're just hiding behind that particular curtain because it's convenient, and any retaliation equals easy money.

Let me say this just once. Just ONCE. I'm sick & tired of talk of amending anything being called a "slippery slope" regarding free speech. I'm not saying bar saying anything at all. I'm saying a funeral is an emotionally hellish place for people, and it needs to have a little more protection. If attendees can rely on the laws saying no one can be physically harmed without repercussions, they deserve the added benefit of no one being legally allowed to be a picketing prick making the day an even deeper, darker hole, too. No one should have to have the added weight of fending off these animals on their loved ones' last day topside.

Also, there's a petition on whitehouse.gov about WBC, if anyone is interested in seeing if anything can be done legally with them, whatever that may end up being. It's worth a try: Legally recognize Westboro Baptist Church as a hate group.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
The citizens of Newton will take care of those morons. I'm sure there's more than enough people willing to pay their respect by way of blockading the WBC movement. My thoughts will be with them the whole time. The blockaders, I mean. Not the WBC. They can go to hell for all I care.

Seriously, approving the tragic deaths of a dozen children to push your anti-gay agenda...is it possible for them to sink any lower? I better not ask that, they may prove me wrong.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!

Bad enough some of my friends lost their kids and grand children....BUT THIS!

Oh yeah I'll be there to stop these SOB'S!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I don't entirely agree with the mantra that to deny WBC their alleged version of free speech will lead to a slippery slope of denying others their freedom of speech, and as many others have pointed out with freedom of speech comes responsibility, that's why Norway made it very clear that they did not support WBC's version of freedom of speech and that by protesting at any of the funerals they would risk prosecution...notably, cowards that the WBC are, did not turn up, proving that they don't really, truly believe the bile they spout, because if they truly did, then they would risk prosecution to make their point!

Therein lies a particularly good reason to deny them the freedom to carry out such protests as they are not fighting for the freedom to express their beliefs, they're just simply "bear-baiting" to get a response (and the opportunity to sue people who "violate" their rights) and I'm sure that a good lawyer could argue that point in a court of law.

Though I am not an advocate of violence of any sort, I do wish that "God" would visit a terrible tragedy upon their family and then everyone could turn up at the funeral with banners proclaiming that "God hates WBC" and when they react in the normal human way to the protesters, sue them for every penny they have on the basis that they have violated the protesters freedom of speech....

Sorry just ranting because these "people" make my skin crawl

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Westboro Baptist Church To Picket Sandy Hook Elementary, Praise God For Shooting

Westboro Baptist Church announced via Twitter that they will travel to Newtown, Connecticut to picket the site of the Sandy Hook elementary school massacre.

Westboro’s announcement, made by Margie Phelps and Shirley Phelps-Roper, adds that the church will “sing praise to God for the glory of his work in executing his judgement.”

www.inquisitr.com...

I can't write what I truly feel about these people , the mods would delete!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I get they can't be stopped due to free speech and all that, but what I don't get is that at some point this crosses a line and enters the territory of harassment right? I don't understand how this can't be considered harassment? especially at Sandy Hook? I really don't think this will end well, too many raw emotions and people dealing with the unthinkable angry beyond words, with so much aggression built up and just looking for someone to take it out on, and I have to say these people make very tempting targets!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Those people bother me. The same week half the people are begging for no second amendment the other half will beg for no first.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
When they came to my community, we boxed them in with firetrucks and turned on the sirens. It was like they were never even there.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
People gathering to dance on the graves of children makes you realize that satan is indeed real. There is no other explanation for that kind of evil. It is the perfect way to make people hate Christians.

Of course these people are not Christians. They are servants of satan. Plain and simple.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Here you go ! give them all a call and tell them what you think. Personal contact of every single member courtesy of Anon.........

www.armywtfmoments.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by papazen
Here you go ! give them all a call and tell them what you think. Personal contact of every single member courtesy of Anon.........

Link does not work.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Someone is gonna do something to them one day, and not care about getting sued or go it jail, he'll they can try to sue me, but get nothing, I'm broke lol

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I don't normally post something like this on ATS, but....

If I had the money, or the time, to fly to Connecticut right now, I swear to God, and all of you, that the members of the Westboro baptist church would NEVER picket anything ever again.

There is a reason they aren't allowed in the UK, it is for their own protection, because if they tried that over here, they WOULD be leaving in bags.

Arseholes.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
i wasnt aware there were so many ats members that are against free speech.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by RN311
I get they can't be stopped due to free speech and all that, but what I don't get is that at some point this crosses a line and enters the territory of harassment right? I don't understand how this can't be considered harassment? especially at Sandy Hook? I really don't think this will end well, too many raw emotions and people dealing with the unthinkable angry beyond words, with so much aggression built up and just looking for someone to take it out on, and I have to say these people make very tempting targets!

I think they get away with it not being harassment because they know where the line is for making it personal vs. a more general protest against the events and general context.

I don't think it makes diddly for difference to the people they do it TO...but it makes all the legal difference for them getting away with it. I hate obnoxious people who also become legal experts. It makes a problem absolutely insufferable.
edit on 16-12-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to 8227..." target="_blank" class="postlink">post by nighthawk1954

Its working from here. I dont know, Just scroll down their homepage and it is under Other Recent Posts

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Sadly, one of the first things that crossed my mind was, will WBC show up?

I thought to myself, naw not even they would stoop that low.

This is what we face, choose to see the thousands of Christians and peoples of other faiths from across the planet that reached out to comfort the families, whose names are never mentioned, or, give WBC attention.

I hope the news media stops mentioning them.

I used to get outraged at their antics, but I now refuse to even give them any portion of my energy.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join